Reviews for Gotta Be Somebody
Law of Human Stupidity chapter 1 . 9/25/2012
My head!canon says Linda's French, too. AND I DID ENJOY DA FLUFF, YES. I love how she was freaking out in her letter about the not-English guys speak and constant dilemmas on whether she should shave or not. Found it rather interesting that she and Ellie were speaking to each other in different languages; I do that with a couple of foreign students in my class, seeing as how we prefer to speak in a language we're most comfortable with, despite (or perhaps because) knowing full well what each other is saying.

Seducing lamps in fluent French would be fun, I imagine. Another thing I imagining is Travis and Linda communicating in French, saying sweet nothings that were much too embarrassing for other people to overhear.
limegreenwordmachine chapter 1 . 3/13/2012
Nickelback title reference aside, I actually did really like the fluff! :) I'm so glad I found something easy and fun to read that had a GUY for an OC! I liked Travis! And I loved the "seducing a lamp in fluent French" thing - that sounds like something my friends would do, if they knew French beyond asking where the bathroom is...

But anyway, I laughed out loud. Like, a belly laugh.

Also, I loved the repeated "(may he rest in peace)" followed by the abrupt "burn in hell" thing...that was truly amusing.

I liked Linda's voice here - it was funny, concise and not too dramatic.
SeasonsTurning42 chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
Wow. Cannon to OC story... O_o Turning out quiet well, actually.