Reviews for If It Were Otherwise
librarywitch chapter 117 . 7/12
Oh wow, that was fantastic. I highly recommend this tale to anyone (above 18 that is). Well done.
librarywitch chapter 76 . 7/12
OMG the twining of "cannon" into this tale is so awesome. Well done.
librarywitch chapter 43 . 7/11
Meant to say a couple of chapters back, glad My married her and Sybil gets to know David. Love it.
librarywitch chapter 28 . 7/10
It is delightful how you have used your wonderful characters from your other stories. I love it.
librarywitch chapter 24 . 7/10
Oh man you have Jim perfect 'cause that dude is batsht crazy. Well done.
librarywitch chapter 3 . 7/10
You are on my fav author list and when a new chapter came in this AU I took a chance. OMG I am going to get fired for reading on the clock. This is so awesome! I can't wait to see where it goes. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
Lalley chapter 116 . 1/23
Wow. Just wow!
I'm sorry to say that I want Sherlock and Charles to be together.
so perfect it hurts chapter 117 . 6/4/2014
Wow. Just wow.
This is... Beyond words.
That last chapter had me thinking you were a tad insane yourself because of how well you pulled it off.

I admit I had to read the climatic scene slowly because sometimes it took me a few goes to understand who's view point you'd jumped to , but other then that, no complaints at all.

Your relationship between John and Sherlock was incredible, and I loved Jamie and Angela as well!

Well done, a brilliant story all round!
pinky5907 chapter 55 . 4/15/2014
I'm really starting to appreciate Gabriel now.
Sunflowerluf chapter 63 . 3/23/2014
"Well perhaps if you take your shirt off, I'd be inclined to misbehave."

Best. Line. Ever. I laughed for days XD. Really loving this fic btw! Both dreading and looking forward to the ending!
Mashiara91 chapter 116 . 3/11/2014
I can't believe this is over. I went through most of it in one go and I have to say that it's one of the best AUs I've read. Not just for Sherlock, but in general. The way you capture his character in such a different role is brilliant. I found myself rather wishing that the original had turned criminal too. It's just so irresistible!
I love how you took the plot points from the original series and turned them on their head. The way Sherlock's organization works is just too epic and interesting. It's such an interesting dynamic, especially since you've really given everyone their space. The OCs are really brilliantly done and they fit very well in the story.
I have to admit, Gabriel seemed like too important a character at first, as in I worried it would offset John. But it didn't. Quite the contrary! I think that Gabriel's character is what sort of bridges the gap between Sherlock and John in this story, as well as Jamie to a lesser extent. While it is very easy to imagine Sherlock as being a criminal, I don't think John would have so easily accepted that since he does have a very strong moral compass. Gabriel's role in that was epic. I also loved Cheryl and I think you are great at developing plots and creating well-rounded characters! Really great job.
There is just one thing: PLEASE please please explain the last chapter to me. I hate asking authors to do this so I'm going to tell you what I understood and I hope it's right. Jim Loses. Either he imagines the whole last chapter in his head before deciding to blow his brains out, or he get imprisoned in that insane ward we see him in the series and he goes crazy before Sherlock drops by with a gun.
But I'm really not sure what happened with Sherlock as I'm not sure if the last section in 115 is Sherlock or Jim. I think it's Jim and Jim is dead and Sherlock is alive and happy with John... BUT I REALLY WANT AN EPILOGUE - just something tiny...maybe?
In either case, thank you so so so much for writing this. You are amazing and it was a honor to read your work. THANK YOU!
Mashiara91 chapter 8 . 3/8/2014
FINALLY! JOHN! *sighs in relief*
BeyondMyReach chapter 117 . 3/6/2014
Wow. Amazing story. You write wonderfully and I love how you fully explored the idea of Sherlock as a criminal. With his personality, it is interesting to note that he could have gone either way. Your OCs are lovely and fully fleshed out. They're very realistic and all interesting, especially Gabriel. I also love how Sherlock/John slowly develops. It's very realistic (once again) and I like how they didn't just fall together spontaneously. It's wonderful to read about Sherlock being constantly surprised by John (who views himself to be so utterly normal, yet he is anything but in Sherlock's eyes) and how John doesn't let Sherlock decide everything for him. They're equals. It was also interesting to read from Jim's perspective and I love how you included so many of the characters. Of course, Sherlock's calling in favor with Mycroft for John's sake to get Tricia home safely and Jamine is so wonderfully realistic as well, especially with his inability to speak. I have developed a soft spot for him, especially since he seemed so sweet.
Anyway, I could ramble on forever about this fic. Just want to tell you that you did a very good job and I'm really glad that you wrote If It Were Otherwise and that I had the chance to read it.
Thanks for writing.
QtD chapter 116 . 2/13/2014
This...was absolutely fantastic. I can't believe I marathoned it like I just did (5 hours). Holy crap. You have some serious talent with characterization. I'm pretty sure I had to reread the last two chapters a couple of times and now (I think) I know how it ended. Thank you so much for writing such an epic story :)
1,180 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »