Reviews for Social Oddities
I always wondered that too...
Lisa Smithers chapter 1 . 9/6
Ha! Yes! Someone has finally tapped upon this subject! I had been wondering myself for a great time how this came to be.
P-Webes chapter 1 . 11/25/2015
Love it! I want to see the emdimg of this! :)
cindy4651 chapter 1 . 6/22/2014
Cuz he's way smart, of course!
Loves to read books chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
Good question.
Addict to Fanfics chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
I thought about this too. Even If his mother knew and could have taught him she's a single parent on a farm, when would there be time or need to do so? Ah plot holes, gift to fanfic writers everywhere...
LovingThisStory chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
Good job... You know I've never picked up on that before... I wonder how he learned to read? Lol!
ihonestlydontknow chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
Hehehee

Yes, this kind of bugs me too. Really, if they wanted to be historically accurate, there would only be hm, maybe two characters that could read: Geoffry the scribe/librarian guy and maybe Gaius. It wasn't until after Charlamange's time that royalty really started getting into the literacy lark.

Of course, Merlin, through living with Gaius could be learning how to read, but he wouldn't be very good at it...
Dreamwood chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
Excellent point! I've wondered that myself. He already knew BEFORE he came to Gaius. If I had to invent an explanation, I'd say . . . . the druids, knowing that in the future Emrys would need this skill, came to his village when he was a child and taught him. Yeah, that'll work.
PretendingToWrite chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
Huh, coulda sworn I reviewed this.

Yeah, I noticed that too. My theory is Saphira (or possibly Kilgharrah) taught Balinor, Balinor taught Hunith, Hunith taught Merlin. Cause we all know that Balinor's name was Eragon when he was a kid, and he changed his name. That'd actually make a good fic... meh, I'm too lazy to write it.

Mayt he force be with you

-jedichild
lenore chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
please continue this story. please. please. please. . . .please. *makes puppy dog eyes. holds up kitten.*
Chade chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
I rarely review but I was glancing at your author's note where you mentioned that you hadn't gotten any reviews last time. I just wanted to say that I love your writing. I also wish I knew how this particular drabble conversation ended. In my opinion it would be hilarious! Anyway, that's really all I wanted to say but don't stop writing! EVER! I LOVE your work!
me chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
very cute. and i guess it makes sense, but Camelot appears to be just slightly more advanced than the average medieval era place. Maybe the writers just bent the universe a little...kind of like we do w/ Fanfiction ;)
The Scarlet Pumpernickel 2.0 chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
...magic?
Valkyriexx chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
I'd noticed that too!

Short, but great. I'd love to know what Merlin said to that.