Reviews for The Ties That Bind Epilogue
kerywin chapter 2 . 2/5/2012
you were right tears,chocolate,tissues, and a great ending to a beautiful story
KRC28 chapter 2 . 1/19/2012
Wow. Just wow. Thank you for sharing your talent! I loved the 'Australian' side of conversation in comparison to the American. this story had me up nights, 2 a.m.! Really, I am glad you condensed the last 10 chapters into 1. I don't think my heart could have taken it otherwise. What a great life this Edward & Bella have. Great Story - and I loved the Cassie, Sammy, Dan & Chris side of it. Dean's family was so funny! Thanks again for sharing your talent Leisa!
athome Jo chapter 2 . 10/25/2011
Bittersweet and absolutely lovely!
lab2048 chapter 2 . 10/18/2011
I am one of the many who rarely review, but you've talked me into it. I loved your epi. It was truely beautiful. Thanks!
Alice's White Rabbit chapter 2 . 10/18/2011
I'm glad that I left this to read after I had finished the main story a few hours ago. I'm not sure I could have gotten through it. I needed this time to get myself ready for what I suspected to be a tear-jerker ending. I wasn't wrong. I started crying after the first fews lines when I realized where you were going with the epilogue. And, I didn't stop (I still have tears in my eyes as I type this). They are both happy & sad tears. Yes, Bella died too young, but what a great 10 yrs she & Edward had together. I wish they could have had more time, but that is not how life works.

This epilogue brought back some memories for me- I lost my mother 6 years ago to a very quick illness. She was fine and then 6 wks later she was gone. I was lucky though. She lived to be 84! Like your grandmother, I learned so much about her family from her over the years. I have been working on my family tree for years, but it was through her information & stories that I have been able to find so much more than I possibly could have without her help. I have tried to share that info with my family members whenever I can- heritage is important.

I still, at times, feel very sad for having lost her. But, this story has taught me something very important. You are right- Happiness is a choice! And, I need to choose it more often. And, I plan to. Life is too short to live in sadness. Thanks you for bringing that home to me. I will treasure the sentiment.

Sally
WOLFIE26 chapter 2 . 7/13/2011
After reading your 2 prologues to the uncoming epilouge I was treading lightly and debating heavelily if my heart could take the epilogue but I'am so glad I read it yes I needed tissues and now I may need whiskey but I'm so glad I didn't chicken out..This was just beautiful and so heart warming it left me feeling like Bella brought edward out of his funk she brought him his son and gave himm his family no longer hung out in his house like a hermit crab and he spends time now with Dan and his new daughter inlaw and even his sister' gave him so much that he didn't have she showed him nhow to love and be loved she showed him w hat having a real family is like..She showed him that when times are tough u have ppl in your life u can count on and not to shut yourself out of the world around u and look for that shoulder u need sometimes to lean story was so heart warming and yes it had a sad ending but even with Bella gone Edward is still living on and knowing everything that she brought to him and he know understands I"m so glad I continued with it and didn't end before the epilouge I loved this story u have such a heartfelt way of writing style and I enjoyed every second I spent with u in this story.
Annazonie chapter 2 . 6/23/2011
There are no correct words I feel right now that can even convey what I'm feeling... Oh my gosh, that Epilogue was utterly beautiful and painfully sad at the same time.. You have a beautiful gift with writing... This ending broke my heart, but at the same time gave me an appreciation for things in life... You are right, it is a choice... Everything in life is a choice... Edward could have turned bitter and closed off again... But he didn't. He chose to cherish Bella's memory and be even more involved with his family and now grandchildren. Life can be very hard; but it's how you choose to get through those hard times that make us who we are. I loved this story so much and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for writing this! It was such a blessing to read! Thank you so much! God bless, and take special care Leisa!
Edward'sDJ chapter 2 . 6/14/2011
A rich tapestry of life was succinctly portrayed toward the end.

Thank you so much for sharing this heartwarming story with us.
youreallyshouldnthavesaidthat chapter 1 . 6/13/2011
Saw your fic recd around and finally got to it after seeing it recd on Retail Therapy. Loved, loved, loved mature E and B, especially E. Went round and round on reading the epi: I like my stories heavily HEA. However, I really appreciate what you did in the epi even though it took my breath away. You are right; choosing happiness takes courage and, if I may borrow from the movie You've Got Mail, the courage to believe you can be something else (or close to that). I keep track of which stories give me a carthatic good cry: TTTB epi goes on the list with Wide Awake, the epi to High Anxiety and Secrets, Lies and Family Ties.

Well done!
sassygirl156 chapter 2 . 6/5/2011
I couldn't leave you a review the first time I read this. Re-reading it now brings tears to my eyes and a lump to my throat. A fitting end to a beautifully told story, one that will always be a favorite of mine. Before this posted I was convinced in my mind that Edward was going to die as a result of his health issues. I was stunned to read it was Bella who passed away. That they had a few good years together was a real gift, and she left all of them, but especially Edward, with a love that never truly dies.

Thank you for both your committment to this story and courage to write the ending as you saw fitting. Well done, Leisa.
lynsrob chapter 2 . 6/3/2011
So absolutely beautiful. It was very sad they only had those few years together, but it was also wonderful that they had those years together. I am so deeply moved by your epilogue and thank you again for the gift of this story. You are truly an amazing storyteller.
edward'sbella17 chapter 2 . 6/3/2011
really sad. the whole story was fantastic
Wardaholic chapter 2 . 5/26/2011
Thank you for having the courage to write this. For me, this epilogue was beautifully written and it only enhances the story for me. Nothing in this story has been sugar-coated and I'm glad that this was the case here too. I loved this glimpse at Edward and Dan and their family in the future and as much as what happened saddens me, death is part of life. Beautiful story :-)
Reader4Life123 chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
Thank You! Beautiful story and a beautiful epilogue. Thank you for showing that death is apart of real life and that love lasts forever.
AvaEliza chapter 2 . 5/21/2011
I loved this epilogue...I was really reluctant to read it. But I'm glad I did. Death is a life's one guarantee but I'm good with it as long as they lived full and lived well.
144 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 .. Last Next »