Reviews for On the Nature of Anomalous Magic Levels
The J.A.M. a.k.a. Numbuh i chapter 1 . 1/31/2012
Excellent work here. A huge shoutout to us intellectuals :D

Will you be doing a revision due to the information shown on the recent episodes?
Overactive Mind chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
Hey. Overactive Mind here, going through your archive of MLP:FIM stories. Why? 'Cause I've got nothing better to do and I enjoy your style.

This one in particular was well thought out and enjoyable both for offering a plausible sounding explanation for the nature of the Everfree, actually managing to explain Pinkie Pie (a feat in and of itself) and my personal love of the self-indulgent nerdity that is the science of magic.

As a side note, I think it says a lot about me that my first impulse upon seeing the footnotes was to scroll to the bottom of the story and then feel disappointed that there were no actual annotations. Still, great stuffs.
iisaw chapter 1 . 8/31/2011
Tons of fun!

'The Everfree Forest – Stay away... no really!'

*snortle*
Endam chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
That was quite neat :D
Rohan Bernett chapter 1 . 7/8/2011
Well done. It not only reads like a scientific paper, but it sounds so much like something Twilight would write that I found myself "hearing" it in Twilight's voice.
Aotrs Commander chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
Very nicely done. Clearly you must have written a few reports in the past... Some of the phrasing here and there suggests you might have had some D&D experience (either that or there is some convergent thought processes!) What I found most entertaining was your thinking is very similiar to my own when designing my last D&D world (background thaumic radiation effecting the natural life). Great minds and all that...

Excellent work, keep it up!
Jack Hawthorne chapter 1 . 5/19/2011
Very interesting read. This looks really professionaly done, and it helps give the feel of an actual research paper being read
HolyDemonSnappendragon chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
This was a really cool science-like essay/paper.
Jorlem chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Nice.

So you know, there's a minor error at the start of section two. While the rest of the paper is 'written' by Twilight Sparkle, the first sentence of section two states that the author of the paper was "aided by a local scholar, Miss Twilight Sparkle."
enderverse chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
Nice, makes sense because the area didn't use to be that way.
Sir Gimp of Baath chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
That was absolutely fantastic, and having just finished a scientific thesis I got a good laugh out of this. I think my favorite bit was the Skycaster-Sparklemane standard spell series; it gives a tantalizing bit of insight into the nature of thaumic research.
Dr. Derpy Hooves MDPhD chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
Dis paypur is teh greetest!

It am get pooblished in dis munfs Scientifics Equestrian!

Great jorb, Twilite!
deleterious chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
And here I was betting the gems were more like a colony of fungus or lichen ;)

But really, some great ideas in there.

One question though, if the original battle with Nightmare Moon and the Elements of Harmony kicked all this off, does that imply a second, similar effect with Nightmare Moon's final defeat and the reappearance of the Elements?