Reviews for Andromeda Rising
DoctorWho'sInn chapter 5 . 11/24/2013
Depressing, depressing, depressing. Why do you have to do this to me? My parents are starting to question why I randomly burst into tears Gamma. Don't do this again to me, or I'll be sent to a freaking therapist!
Shiki105 chapter 5 . 3/1/2013
Awww, so sweet...in a heartbreaking sort of way. I'm on the hunt for Black family fics lol. Your story entertained me for a few minutes. Thank you!

Just some grammar mistakes that might well have been typos which I spotted here and there. Nothing too major. Please keep up the good work! But lol, I don't think Bellatrix would mind using the actual word, instead of saying "effing". Doesn't seem her style, unless you were going for something PG? XD

Happy writing!
Shiki
ThePerfectMess chapter 5 . 11/3/2011
Love this, very bittersweet. I've recently become interested in stories about the young Black family, particularly the three sisters' relationship & I think you portrayed it perfectly. Great work.
ephemereis chapter 5 . 9/5/2011
I've never really thought about how Andromeda would leave and who would be the one to burn her name off, but now that I think about it, it seems to fit perfectly.

I love all the subtle, little things in your story such as Andi's cat and her leaving on her birthday and Cissy only noticing the birthday part because she refused to believe that Andy left.

I think you portrayed all their emotions perfectly, especially Bellatrix - just the right balance (or should we say imbalance) of sorrow and fury and love.

I like the way you made Cissy lie that she hated Andi, because even though she still loved Andi a lot, Andi wasn't here to hear her say that and she wanted to remain in the good books of her remaining sister.

Also, bringing the rest of the family into play (Druella and Cygnus and Rodolphus and Sirius), especially for the Epilogue, was smart. I think the parents were very in-character, even though they were never mentioned in the books. Sirius' actions and emotions were perfect too.

Your story really brings across the way Andi's love for a Muggleborn hurt the whole family. It's heartbreaking and the way each sister's feelings were emphasised was very effective. It's a very thought-provoking piece; keep it up!
obsessivegirl73 chapter 5 . 8/7/2011
Oh my god that was amazingly perfect. Awesome job, definitely faving this too! XD
Avora SaDiablo chapter 5 . 5/29/2011
Normally I am not a fan of short chapters as I find it takes an incredibly talented author to do so. You, I am pleased to say, have achieved this fabulously. I love the way you have portrayed Andromeda and still given the other family members justice. Bellatrix was exactly as I would imagine, just the right doses of fury and anguish. As said, I well recommend this to anyone who is interested in pre book times, and I feel this is a true representation of how it would have gone down. Fantastic work
Mitzzi chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
Will you add Sirius and Regulus to this? It would be nice to see Regulus' point of view, as people often tend to forget him when writing about Andromeda. Nice story :)
Lady Eleanor Boleyn chapter 5 . 5/20/2011
I've got tears in my eyes! I love your Black Sisters stories so much and this is definitely my favourite so far, even though it's so sad. I particularly liked Bella's reasoning behind why she should be the one to burn Meda off the tree...it worked so well with the snapping of the hairband. Great job!
swimdiva87 chapter 5 . 5/8/2011
Perfect ending.
mermaidgirl45 chapter 5 . 5/8/2011
This was good. I like how you planned it out and I like how you stuck to just one conflict, but from different points of view.I love how it was on her birthday. That adds a lot of meaning. )
BellaPur chapter 5 . 5/8/2011
Oh gosh! What an ending! You're fantastic.
BellaPur chapter 4 . 5/8/2011
Oh Lord! It was so good. Especially Bella slapping Cissy and then apologising. And the bit about the earlier consequences of Bella's temper. I also loved how slow Narcissa was to realise what had happened, focussing instead on the more insignificant detail, of Andi's birthday. Because of course Anrdomeda couldn't have left!

Fantastic babe. Well done.
swimdiva87 chapter 4 . 5/7/2011
Oh Narcissa...the sweetest one.
BellaPur chapter 3 . 5/7/2011
Oh my! That was... great. I really like the end where Bellatrix snaps the circlet. It's very symbolic.
swimdiva87 chapter 3 . 5/7/2011
Ah! I love Bella's reaction!