Reviews for Stolen Kisses
IShipItAllAndThenSome chapter 1 . 11/26/2011
This is massively amazing, and it is a shame that it didn't happen on screen.
deeniebee28 chapter 1 . 10/17/2011
I completely agree with you on where your head canon is with this. It completely explains the *intensity* of his apology. Lovely piece!
TheRomanticNerd chapter 1 . 10/12/2011
wow, that was some powerful stuff! I didn't realize where this was going until I read "kiss forced" and then I imagine my face went white and I must have gaped. Because, wow.

This was awesome.
Captain Harley Quinn chapter 1 . 9/7/2011
I am unashamed to say I almost cried, it was beautiful and angsty and heartbreaking and David really developed well onto the page. I like that whilst you've made Santana more of the badgirl, you've also accurately portrayed why she was like that. But what I love, is how David reacts to it, how he feels his personal space was so personally invaded - which makes it so much more believable about that he understands how Kurt felt, granted, Kurt's was on a much more personal and hurtful level, however you've depicted it with such heartrendering sadness, I really want to see Karofksy perhaps driving up to Dalton during Warbler practise and stumble in sobbing, apologising to Kurt. (:
KurtofskyoverKlaine chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
I really like the story. You did a good job with it. As much as I love Dave, I kind of like seeing him see the hell he put Kurt through.

I'd also like to see the follow-up, if you haven't done it already. Time to check your ff page ;).
TV or not TV chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
Great idea - put Dave in a situation where he gets an extremely unwanted kiss and experiences pretty much the same feelings Kurt did when Dave kissed him. I loved the line "You look like I just boiled your puppy." LOL!
wallsofflower chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
I really like this. I feel kind of sorry for Dave in this situation, but I'm glad you didn't gloss over the fact that he was still a bully.
CCILoveSparklesCC chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
Oh, Dave. -pats head- Love this! :D
Mytay chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
First off, you know what I like about this? How deliciously evil Santana is - in the previous episode we got a hint that she's willing to spread rumours about herself to keep the lie alive, but here we also have her playing the part to a 'T' and it is perfect. I've no idea when Santana became one of my favourite characters, but her being so wonderfully conniving is probably one of the reasons :)

I have to give an 'awww', for Dave liking hand-holding - as is typical, you have insights that I previously hadn't considered, but make total sense - such as Dave not having much experience with physical affection outside his own family . . . it makes me a little sad for him.

But the single most AMAZING thing about it all? Dave's realization that he did, in fact, attack Kurt - violate Kurt, with his kiss. And knowing how awful it feels. "This unwanted kiss was so goddamn ... intimate. He'd never felt invaded on such an elemental level. Violated." Oh, so true, so right.

' "You look like I just boiled your puppy." ' Sorry, that sent me off giggling, in a terrible, terrible way :D

But the way he broke down in his car when all the sensations overwhelmed him and he felt everything he knew Kurt felt . . . Gah, so much love for that. So powerful. I don't think the show is ever going to address that kiss, and even if they do, it will doubtless be with less than a fraction of the seriousness and depth that you had here.

You, my dear, rock. . . And ultimately I fail at being a critic, once again . . . um, oh, in your summary, I do believe this was a small typo : "Kurt in a a whole new" - that second 'a'. But that's not a critique, so I continue to fail :(

This was so very lovely and heartbreaking. I'm not too sure what you could do as a follow-up because it's great as a stand-alone, but perhaps wait and see what happens to Dave in the next few episodes we have left, and you can add little one-shots as that develops (assuming there is more on Karofsky)? I would love to read your views on the rest of Dave's storyline :D
rijane chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
/In fact, it was kind of comforting, the soft fingers of another human being interlaced with his. /

Aw, that's actually very sweet.

/Besides his family, the only time Dave had physical contact with other people involved violence. Body slams in hockey, tackles in football, locker shoves in school./

And that's a bit sad :\

/ Had Dave made Kurt feel the way he was feeling now? Cornered, powerless, afraid? No wonder Kurt hated him so completely./

I just got done rewatching the opening of Furt (now I remember the scene - I just forgot that he took the cake topper). I think maybe Dave did need a small taste of his own medicine. Of course, maybe his whole life is feeling a little bit like this.

/"Listen, Teletubby, you are gonna grab my ass right now and we are gonna make out in this stairwell like we're auditioning for Blue Velvet II until Jewfro gets his fill."/

Great line! Very Santana! V. suggested "The Notebook sequel" If you wanted to be a bit subversive, you could go with 'Brokeback Mountain II"

/"God, I'm so sorry," he muttered hoarsely, more than once. He gave up on bashing himself into a daze, but continued rocking slightly. Or was he trembling? "So sorry, so fucking sorry..."/

Solid ending! Man, I like your Dave - I like his depth and introspection - I like that I can see how he'll be in five or 10 years - or whenever he learns to be comfortable in his own skin and not so afraid and desperate.

I can see this pulled together with your other Dave POVs to construct a complete narrative of him as a character. I know they're lots of work but you could maybe put together an MC by weaving the POVs together - throw in a few scenes we didn't see. I hope the Dave we've seen in your pieces is the one on the screen next season!
Fanofoldtvshows chapter 1 . 5/4/2011
Wonderful and heartbreaking, I would like to see another chapter or two.