Reviews for An Autobiography of the Mechanic as a Young Girl
Guest chapter 1 . 10/17/2014
I love this fanfiction and am currently reading it for the second time :) I love the idea of making Wiresses mum an avox
HybridsRose chapter 6 . 4/13/2013
Aww...that's sweet!
HybridsRose chapter 5 . 4/13/2013
Interesting, can't wait to read the next chapter!
HybridsRose chapter 4 . 4/13/2013
Oooh nice, I loved the line ' "Now, look at those teeth. Good teeth are expensive in the Capitol, and she gets hers for free." He leans forward conspiratorially. "You should hear how much I paid for mine."' xD

It's so funny!
HybridsRose chapter 3 . 4/13/2013
Nice chapter. I really like the description and the fact that Wiress takes notes of things in the capitol because it shows the difference between her home and the luxurious capitol train that she's currently on.
HybridsRose chapter 2 . 4/13/2013
Whoa, so Wiress' dad can't afford proper food and good living conditions, but yet they can afford a tv which she watches every night? Interesting...

But I really loved the description in this story!
HybridsRose chapter 1 . 4/13/2013
Nice. It's good to see more of Wiress homelife, which this chapter provided, it was very descriptive but in a good aspect, and the story flowed smoothly in my opinion.
WyldClaw chapter 1 . 2/5/2013
way to go wiress!
Little Pink Neko chapter 16 . 8/6/2012
That was amazing... I loved it...

First, the grammar and spelling is perfect, which is more than I can say for some of the stories in this category.

Second, I loved the characters. Wiress, Beetee, Geiger... everyone. You kept Wiress and Beetee very in-character throughout the fic, which I think was very admirable. I found Wiress incredibly empathetic and was able to relate and connect with her character. I loved her. Her personality was very true to the book.

Third, the story line was awesome. I could totally picture that happening. I felt so sad for poor Wiress right from the start. The bit about her father going insane was heartbreaking. She was such a strong character, you felt real emotions for her. I teared up when poor Geiger died. That was so awful. Seeing your best friend die... no one should have to go through that.

You gave so much depth to her, she was very three dimensional. I felt for her like she was a real person telling her story. The bit about her getting called Rat-face was awful. And her living of garbage... poor darling.

Now I'm gonna talk about the final chapters and stuff...

I cried. I really did. The bit about her mother... oh, that was heartbreaking. I feel so awful for her... Living without her mother only to see her like that... knowing that once the games are over you'll never see her again... That was so sad... And the bit where they got to say goodbye was so tragic. I feel awful for her mother as well, seeing your own daughter sent into the games, then after she wins never to be able to see her.

And the bit about asking where Geiger was broke my heart. I loved the fact that he was guiding her, keeping her going. That was so sweet... I loved Geiger so much... :,)

Beetee and her stylist (sorry, can't remember his name, lol) were so sweet... Beetee was so comforting towards her. And her stylist. I thought they were both lovely in this fic.

The final chapter was the saddest bit for me though. Like when Wiress says she feels empty. Like she lost something in the games. That's awful, just seeing a character you've come to love fall apart...

Though, the way you did it was really clever. You start to see little hints of the character she becomes in Catching Fire. Like with the nursery rhythms. And the not finishing her sentences bits... The tiny bit in the interview when she does literally made me choke up. Very clever how you did that.

And the bit where she says 'it was a more a party for the sponsors, I've been bought and payed for' made me feel so sad... I've said that a lot.

And just at the bit where it says the father greets her like he would a stranger was so... well, you know what I'm going to says, lol. Wiress must've felt so worthless...

The bit where Geiger's mother comes to see her was kind of sweet though. It's nice to know that poor Wiress still has someone there for her.

And the final bit made me really cry. This bit exactly...

'I lose time a lot these days.

Between losing time, getting used to this house, and trying to sort things out, the days pass almost without me noticing it. If I thought about it more, I'd panic about losing so much time.

But I don't want to think about anything beyond the construction of the tiny robots I'm working on. I suppose the robots will be my talent. They're something to pass the time. Something to take up my thoughts so they don't go to that dark corner of my brain and start poking around.

I'm living next door to Beetee, but I'm not ready to see him again yet. So I keep working.

And waiting. Waiting for something to happen, I don't know.

Maybe I'm just waiting for something to tell me who I am again, because that got lost somewhere in the arena. In the dark, when I fell down.

I'll know when the right time is to do something.

I always know.

Always.'

So sad... I just... It was so perfect at the same time... My heart sunk... I loved those last few words that just made my heart ache. It was so realistic. So tragic, yet beautiful.

This story was amazing. I'm so happy to have found it. :) You're very talented and a big thank you for writing this. :) So bittersweet.
Cookie05 chapter 16 . 7/17/2012
I loved it
Great story
Clouds of Grey chapter 16 . 6/9/2012
Awesome... Just awesome... Almost made me cry. Keep up the good work.
MarigoldxObsidian chapter 16 . 5/25/2012
I loved your story! I read the whole thing in one sitting, I cried when Geiger died, but I was glad when Wiress won (Even though I knew she would anyway.) Keep writing!
abbieforth chapter 1 . 5/12/2012
I like this a lot! Wiress's story is really sad, but it seems realistic for the Hunger Games.

I'm off to read chapter 2!

N&V
Zlitzen321 chapter 16 . 3/31/2012
Wow. This was really good; I had never thought about Wiress' games too much before, but you did a very good job with it! The ending was saddening, yet entirely realistic, which can be hard to pull off. Thank you for sharing!
fallenfaeangel chapter 16 . 3/11/2012
I love this story and her decent into madness. Me and my friend theorize that Wiress was an aspy, but this theory works as well. Love what you did with it! Thanks for the wonderful read!