Reviews for ACT 31: Dreams Dark and Deadly
Ultra-Pop chapter 12 . 9/29/2013
Dorothy you troll. :P

So Cthulu and Giant Mechs? I guess that explains why everyone and everything is so nuts in this world
ArvisJaggamar chapter 12 . 7/17/2013
Gotta admit, I laughed at that last scene. :D

This was a good Act, although I don't know if taking Big O into the "mystical realm" is the best choice, plot-wise. Also, your OCs are strong, but because they're OCs I would recommend taking a little bit more time to add description to them. You did a good job describing them in the beginning, but you introduced way too many at once, so the descriptive details were easy to lose amongst the new names. Perhaps adding little details as you go would have helped create more solid identities for the OCs.

Can't wait to start Act 32!
ArvisJaggamar chapter 6 . 7/16/2013
I think I know what's going on... we'll see if my guess is right... *excited* :)
ArvisJaggamar chapter 5 . 7/16/2013
Ooh, nice twist at the end during the phone conversation. This is getting good.
ArvisJaggamar chapter 1 . 7/11/2013
What a joy to be able to spend more time with these characters. Act 31 is off to a promising start! :D
A Mistake chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
I haven't quite watched all the anime seasons (and the mind screw that comes with the end of the second one, or so they say), but the way you set up this story is brilliant. The story moves immediately with a new case in the aftermath of the second season's end with a pacing that would not be amiss in the show. The mystery sinks its hooks into the reader quickly, as it is obvious that Something Is Afoot. Not to mention how you managed to capture Roger and Dorothy's easy banter, complete with its speed and barb.

Excellent characterization and well-crafted story-telling. I look forward to reading this story to the end.
7moondance chapter 12 . 10/1/2011
Looks like Dorothy is taking Danny Kirk's advice. Poor Roger. Like each season of Big O, your early acts contain a lot of humor but grow darker as the story goes on. I like the direction your story is taking. It is a great deal more original than the Matrix theory, i.e. Paradigm is nothing more than a computer program.
Magus1108 chapter 12 . 9/18/2011
Wow! This was sure an intense finale. I do wonder, what was that Cthlulu like monster Roger fought? Was it truly some sort of nightmare manifestation from the Dream Web, or something more? And is it truly dead? Funny, I have a feeling Schwartzwald knows all the answers to those questions...

And Dorothy! Hahaha. A great ending for sure, her continuing teasing of Roger. Can't wait to see where that goes! And interesting. Big O melded with Roger, but it didn't do that permanently. Interesting...

Can't wait to see what you do for your next Big O fanfic! Keep up the great and brilliant work!
Donny chapter 12 . 9/17/2011
I can't wait till ACT 32, this has been a really good fanfic series
Rassilon001 chapter 12 . 9/16/2011
And finally, its Showtime!

That was easily the most chaotic battle I’ve seen, but against a nightmare leviathan of Cthulhuian dynamics and an active Big O, I’m not much surprised. Good thing it got beaten by that energy ray... or at least, dispersed back to whatever dark dimension it came from.

And so we end on some cute humor between android girl and dashing hero. So hilarious. Wonderful story. It was tough keeping track of so many new names and faces, but well worth it in the end.
PhinalPhantasy chapter 12 . 9/15/2011
Wow wow wow, epic chapter. Great battle both on the mental and physical scale. Had to break out some Big O soundtrack for this one. Stoning, The Great, and Stand a Chance all fit in real nicely. Maybe Cthulu caused the Event...good explanation as any. Wonder what your next Act will be.

PS And in the end...R. Dorothy Wainwright told a lie LOL.
James Birdsong chapter 12 . 9/14/2011
animaven chapter 12 . 9/14/2011
Big O - ACTION. Never was I so pleased to hear those words spoken again. I love that megadeuse, and when he and Roger Smith are together, we can rest assured , all is right with the world. Now, Dorothy waiting in the tub for Roger, is another story on its own. Thanks for such an exciting adventure.
PhinalPhantasy chapter 11 . 9/9/2011
Horray for Dorothy to the rescue! And what intense imagery when the monster came out.
PhinalPhantasy chapter 10 . 9/9/2011
Wow! Great chapter. Sounds like these people are into Lovecraft mythos. So Cthulu is responsible for the Event huh? Might make sense, but then again most crazies tend to try to make sense.