Reviews for Victoriana
Tonyandtheboys chapter 2 . 11/10/2014
Hey there, just wanted to tell you that the last sentence of this chapter gave me goosebumps. I just love it!
VG LittleBear chapter 3 . 3/14/2014
Hi, this is the first time I read stories from the Victorian verse, and I'm delighted! I will have to search them out now, and I hope you'll continue putting them up. I hope you'll introduce us to Abby and Ducky in the same vein.
Thou writest most beautifully!
Thanks and cheers!
Anonymous chapter 3 . 10/20/2012
Please do continue with this universe as it is quite brilliant and I do so enjoy it! :D
Exclipcein chapter 2 . 10/13/2012
I really like the last bit about if Gibbs couldn't call, everyone should run. It was an awesome line and it gave me goosebumps! I hope you keep updating these side one-shots. I really like this victorian era NCIS.
SilverNY57 chapter 1 . 6/10/2012
More in this universe? Please? Very much enjoyed it, and the background stories!
hitsuni chapter 1 . 5/25/2012
Hihi! I really do hope there's more to the series! It's been a while and I really really love your writings! Hope everything is well with you! Hope to hear from you soon!
peanutmeg chapter 3 . 5/17/2012
I like your take on Ziva's character, and her first meeting and dialogue with Tony was great as well. I hope you'll continue to write in this 'verse! :)
Vigs chapter 3 . 2/21/2012
Really stunning, and so impressive the way your snippets here are not as disjointed as so many I've read that pretend to hang together and make the reader feel stupid for not seeing how. I look forward to reading all you have written and all that you will. Thank you again for sharing your talent with us!
ferryboat George chapter 3 . 1/28/2012
Poor Ziva, hopefully she can come to belong in this universe as she does in the original.
ferryboat George chapter 2 . 1/28/2012
Mad indeed, the rest are mad to come between them :) I love the last line.
ferryboat George chapter 1 . 1/28/2012
Delightful look at how they came to live together. It would also be fun to see how they met as well.
Merlynnod chapter 3 . 12/16/2011
OOh...oh...so, so very eloquent! The skips between sections and times is done with an expert hand, and the tone of the entire thing is nothing short of perfection. I would imagine that trying to recreate Ziva's history in this time period and story line was a major undertaking, and required a great deal of forethought and creativity, and you have managed it like a master. Slipping in the very essence of Ziva David into a victorian world, rewriting her history without ever compromising the integrity of the character, and staying fascinatingly true to the original. Amazing. :)
Merlynnod chapter 2 . 12/16/2011
Last line was perfect. Absolutely. :) And I love the similarities to the episode in which Tony pulls Gibbs and the blond girl from the submerged car...unfortunately I'm terrible at remembering episode titles, but it was a ways back. :) If you've seen it, and the parallel was intentional, I'm sure you know which one I'm referencing. :) Great writing, and the descriptions and imagery used between Tony and the thug were lovely, absolutely putting the reader in the moment. :) Great stuff! :)
Merlynnod chapter 1 . 12/16/2011
Ahh, you say you are answering questions, but you only give rise to even more! ;) Wonderful job, as always, and I love the interactions between Gibbs and Tony, so beautifully in-character for both of them. :) Still, I can't help but wonder, just what is it that Tony does when he's *not* at Gibb's house...? :)

One another piddly note, driving horses *always* have names, even if it's just Girl and Boy, or something like that. Driving horses are controlled just as much with voice commands as they are with a driving whip and the reins, if not moreso. And, it is customary (and safer) to always call the horse by name before asking for any trained voice command, thus alerting the animal to their need for a response, and not simply tuning out the conversations and world around them. And I am terribly sorry if I am bothering you with my persnickity drabbling...I love your writing, and the accuracy of it is beautiful. :) Now, on to the next chapter! :)
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 3 . 11/20/2011
I have to make a comment against the language here, mainly because such harsh language was not often used until much later, even by the "riff-raff" as it were. While the word did technically exist (I believe it came to being in the middle of the 19th century), it was used more for its original intended purpose (Fornication Under Consent of the King), and while considered dirty, it was also considered lawful-don't quote me on that one, I could be wrong.

As such, I feel it is out of place in this.

Otherwise, loved it.