Reviews for Sins of the Father
Night13 chapter 1 . 4/4/2017
Lovely. Love how Lestrade came bursting in like no this is our cinnamon roll you are not allowed anywhere near out cinnamon roll. Sequel would be awesome to see Mycrofts reaction. I'm thinking he was probably already on his way like no one messes with my bro other than me :D
BSB chapter 1 . 1/2/2016
Bravo! This was lovely and Lestrade's characterisation was excellent. Thank you for writing such a beautiful piece. -Bloody Sapphire Blade
IamBatgirl chapter 1 . 12/24/2015
Sniff, sniff, this was amazing
librarywitch chapter 1 . 5/19/2014
Well done Greg. Loved it.
PoidsPlume chapter 1 . 3/1/2014
Amazing
Tamuril2 chapter 1 . 2/18/2014
Tam: *grins*
Anderson: *grimaces* Great, we've got another Sherlockian here.
Donovan: *groans* They're popping up everywhere!
Tam: *wiggles eyebrows* Got a problem with that, Sally dearest?
Donovan: *glares* Watch it, girl.
Tam: *smirks* Or what? You'll glare me to death?
Sherlock: *smirks too* She's got a point. What are you going to do if she continues? She's a writer and you're a fictional character.
Anderson: *growls* So are you!
Tam: *grins* True, but he's way cooler than you two will ever hope to be!
John: *chuckles* I'd stop while I was ahead if I were you two.
Anderson and Donovan: *go off in a huff*
Tam: *chuckles*
John: *shakes his head* must you tease them so much?
Tam: *shrugs* Can't help it. They react so nicely when their buttons are pushed, it'd be a waste not to act on it.
Sherlock: *pops his collar* True.
Tam: *settles into a chair* Well, enough of that, review time!

1)For some reason, this is exactly what I imagined Sherlock's father being like. Distant, cruel, and pompous (with a slight side of stupid). I think you did a great job in writing him. To be honest, I wanted to bop him one by the time Lestrade had had enough and decided to step in.

2)Lestrade is such an awesome character. I'm glad Sherlock has him. He kind of acts like a father to Sherlock in some respects. And the way he handled everything, especially the comforting (brilliant movie, by the way)? Pure genius (Sherlock would be proud).

All in all, a wonderful short story. Favoriting right after I post this review. Just wondering, where was Mycroft? And will we see more of Sherlock's father? I have this idea of them all being at a crime scene or pie shop and his father showing up and people going on the defensive for Sherlock.

Tamuril2
Lokithenightfury chapter 1 . 2/3/2014
This definetly deserves way more favourites, it's brilliant!
SubRosa7 chapter 1 . 2/2/2014
This one is great, too! Season 3 does have a lot of fatherly-type moments, it would be neat to see a story or two along those lines.
Peekaboo42 chapter 1 . 12/23/2013
Bust bingo! Freakin' hilarious!
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 11/5/2013
Awesome. I really love this story. Where Lestrade comes in and we finally see what kind of a person Holmes senior is. A horrible person who definitely deserved every kind of put down that Lestrade was able to unleash. And then the way you ended it! Beautiful piece of writing here. Loved the characterization. :)
killing u with umbrellas chapter 1 . 9/6/2013
Loved it
frozen-delight chapter 1 . 6/13/2013
Very nice! There can never be enough Paternal!Lestrade!
mudkipz chapter 1 . 5/23/2013