Reviews for Mirror, Mirror
lillyindy42 chapter 1 . 7/31/2013
Thank you for writing in this fandom. Not only have you captured the characters so well in their tone and motivations, but the paranormal aspects really fit into the overall nature of the show. I especially liked how you were able to include "proof" that gets covered up in the end. I never adapted to the new series as I always remembered the fondness of watching this gripping show when I was young...thanks for allowing me to reflect on this unique series through this intriguing story.
ShadowCub chapter 1 . 5/9/2012
Dayum that was sweetly scary like all of the night stalker shows.

Damn good!
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
Oh, wow. You've done it again-this is absolutely incredible. The cold open/flashback effect is very powerful; you always write that so well.

The whole set-up with the broken mirror and the moving reflection is already utterly creepy before it progresses further. Yikes at what the reflection does!

Kolchak trying to describe YouTube priceless. Yes, even in a serious fic, a little humor always helps. But, it soon turns serious again-it's a wonderfully super-serious version of that mirror legend.

And ooh, the plot thickens. Poor Kolchak! I loved, loved, loved Tony running into the room after he screamed, and also him saying that he believed him.

But ouch, I'm wondering if Kolchak went to far by later accusing Tony of being scared. Still, the scene was very well-done. Tony just losing it and yelling at the end is... oh, you just want to give both of them a hug!

And I loved Tony going with him after they get the call later that night. Oh, Tony, I don't buy that you're worried solely for your reputation-you're worried about Kolchak...

And holy seemingly-insignificant background items, Batman! Of all the things I was expecting, that second item that Kolchak used on the shards was not one of them. I completely thought that was a throwaway joke when it was first mentioned. Bravo.

But ooh... what happens right after that... And him saying those words to Tony in the tape recorder was absolutely heartbreaking. And the timing of the tape running out just at that point...

Tony's reaction was equally heartbreaking and perfect. He would definitely yell like that. But the rest of that scene is definitely so much more hopeful. And how Kolchak realizes the full extent of what Tony did... Oh, the whole thing was just so excellent!
CSKazaam chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Wow, this came out great! And LOL, that prompt from 30 Losses (both parts) fit perfectly. Funny how both parts worked together like that!

Man, that would be truly horrifying to be killed that way, by a reflection. So unbelievable, and so horrible that you couldn't even do anything to help yourself!

Ouch, armlock. XD; Those things are painful! The bad (or good, depending on your point of view) thing about those is that they don't leave marks. As long as the police don't go far enough to break anything, if they hadn't punched Kolchak (and didn't have witnesses), there wouldn't be any proof that they'd actually done anything to him. It's a good thing Tony and Siska walked in when they did! And aww, Tony's actually acting like a nice guy at the end of that scene! It's cute. XD

I loved Tony's and Kolchak's banter in this one. I think one of my favorite scenes was their argument with Siska at the mansion, where Mr. Worthington walks in. **can imagine them all yelling at each other.** It makes me amused at the idea of a shouting match between Siska and Tony, with Kolchak in the middle. XD

I also really like the part where Kolchak actually gets serious and asks Tony to check on him in an hour.

Oh yes, and I love the "Will it blend?" part. LOLOL. Evil reflections - will it blend? Yes, it will! XD Kolchak's deadpanning is priceless.

Ooh, the idea of him destroying the reflection also working to kill himself is intriguing. I especially like how he was saved simply by having a new reflection restored to him! I love the scene with Kolchak telling Tony how he saved him with his watch, and Tony's disbelief. It is priceless!

Awesome fic!
Cruelest Sea chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
Oh WoW. I have no words...that was amazing.O_O I was on the edge of my seat the whole story, what a clever, unique monster for Kolchak to defeat.

Random question but have you seen/ever considered writing for "Sapphire and Steel"? It's an old little fandom of mine and your style would be perfect for it. Plus the reflections reminded me a bit of the evil portraits in episode 4.:D You'd truly be amazing at the dhow if you would ever write for it? *makes puppy dog eyes*