Reviews for The Coming
Zarz chapter 8 . 9/21/2011
Wow! I've been following your stories for a while, and they're great! I'm really glad Joan finally got a chance to tell the rest of her family the truth. I'm also glad Will realized how much of Joan's reluctance to tell him was a consequence of his own actions. Is Undertaker God one we've seen before? Also, will we get to see Will's first meeting with God, and how he takes the revelation that Kevin was healed? I'd love to see him trying to pit his detective skills against God, just to make absolutely sure that this Being isn't trying to hurt his little girl. Really great work, and I'm looking forward to what's next!
SANDEFUR chapter 8 . 9/21/2011
Great endimng to oe of your best stories. It didn't go as I anticipated, but that's the mark of a good story. Interesting choice of Mad Creepy God as the version that cures Kevin, and Will's reaction to all of this still has me intrigued as to how he will handle things now that the truth is out. Well done.

SANDEFUR chapter 7 . 9/3/2011
I have never understood people who say they don't believe in God, but IF He exists, then He must be to blame for all of the evil in the world. Even harder to understand are those 'believers' who basically agree. Will seems very confused - Joan is crazy and the rest of the family is humoring her and kept him out of it because he wavers between athiest and believer in a mean God, but defends the beliefs of Luke and Lily so he does realize they are not just humoring Joan. Kevin's despair and anger are becoming alarming, and counseling would be in order, but what professional could he confide in? As for Will accepting this new truth, I can see this going several ways, including a possible break with his family. Divine intervention? Eager to see how you wrap this up - is a happy ending possible?

SANDEFUR chapter 6 . 8/11/2011
Cliffhanger! I so want to see what Will's response may be. The tension is high with the whole family, and I look forward to how this will be resolved.

SANDEFUR chapter 5 . 8/2/2011
You are revving up the expectation to a chomping-at-the-bit level. I so want to see the scene where Will hears the big secret and we see his reaction. Please update soon.

SANDEFUR chapter 4 . 7/21/2011
The story keeps getting more intense, and I've been caught off guard by Kevin's reaction, but should have seen it coming. Knowing the solution is there and not being able to touch it must be incredibly bitter to Kevin, not to mention his family. I wonder how much more intense Will's reaction will be. (And poor Father Ken, cornered in a confessional with an angry and crazy sounding Helen...)

SANDEFUR chapter 3 . 6/16/2011
Wow, Kevin took the news really hard, but considering his condition I guess that's to be expected. I wonder what's next with him - bargaining? Trying to get Joan to have God heal him as a personal favor? It will be hard to top this reaction when Will gets the news. Looking forward to it.

SANDEFUR chapter 2 . 6/3/2011
The story is moving along well, and I look forward to the reactions of Kevin and especially Will on being let in on the big secret. Excellent descriptive work, which made the scenes easy to visualize. For a moment I thought one of the avatars might turn out to be a talking donkey (Biblical precednt for a talking 'ass').

SANDEFUR chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
Great start, and a quick but thorough up-dating of what has recently transpired, so the reader is already hooked on what comes next. Looking forward to it.