Reviews for What Friends Do
Poor (Crazy) Chell.
Vi-Violence chapter 1 . 8/30/2012
Interesting.
FeeptheNinja chapter 1 . 8/2/2011
Aw. Poor Chell- Aperture was really the only home she had... This perspective was great and made me cry for Chell...

Good job.
dark digidestined chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
this made me crie, good job
Amythista chapter 1 . 6/11/2011
Very different. And an intriguing possibility. Poor Chell...to be honest, I sort of agreewith the idea that Chell thinks of Aperture as home. She's lived out most of her life there, and I'm not sure how well she coukd function in society, if there even is one still.

That being said, I disagree with the reviewers below me who suggested you rewrite this story because Chell having a child-like brain "wasn't their cup of tea." It's called fan fiction for a reason.
The Great Susinko chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
This was a very interesting story and it pinged on one of my thoughts about Chell. We find that she has a science project in the Bring Your Daughter to Work area. The hand writing of her name made me think it was written by a young child. But GLaDOS captured or killed everyone on Bring Your Daughter to Work Day. Which could mean that Chell was still a child when caught.

But she IS an adult in Portal 1 and 2. GLaDOS may have let her age in her cryo-sleep. That's the only thing I could think of. But no matter how her body ages, her mind WOULDN'T. Not without the experiances that we go through as children. At least as far as I know.

So if that is TRUE, then Chell would have the brain functions of what ever age she was put into cryo-stasus. Which would make your depiction of Chell more accurate than any other ideas on who she would be.

Anyway, I loved reading your story and although this is a one shot, it would be nice to read about what happens when Chell goes back. (I hope GLaDOS keeps her as a pet!)
Ryu chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
It's GLaDOS.

& I personally don't like either the idea that Chell has the mindset of a child,nor Caroline being Chells mother. But this is interesting.

What's the difference between Mommy & GLaDOS? At first I thought it was POTaDOS,but she never said anything about the aerial faith plates.
Faermage-KH Junkie chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
Awwww... this is so sad yet so cute at the same time.

Poor Chell. Poor, poor Chell. -huggles Chell-
Player2 chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
I've never personally agreed with the fan theory that Chell would still have the mindset of a child due to being put in stasis too young, despite having physically matured; but it's an interesting perspective, and I really enjoyed reading this. It was intriguing.
Not My Cup of Tea chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
This woman child version of Chell isn't that realistic in my opinion. We're talking about a woman who's taken down GlaDos twice and completed a bunch of complicated tests. I know Wheatley says she has brain damage in the beginning of the game, but we're talking about a personality core who is described as a moron repeatedly. There's also the fact that he's really just assuming she's experienced brain damage. I don't know if you've played the first game but you should keep in mind that in the first game Chell never talked either. I'd say a better guess is that she's mute or just doesn't like talking. All in all I'd suggest rewriting this story to make it more believable or adding a warning to the summary that your story is a little OOC.
Kael Hyun chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
Try this story again but instead of listening to the Bull-crap Wheatley says about Chell being brain damaged and remember that he's an idiot and that Chell's vocal cords would have became weak over the 273 Years and then some (Her project of the Potato Battery proves she's been there for much longer then the estimate 19 (She looks like shes in her mid 20's and the wrighting on the project looks like its from a 9 year old)) of suspension and then trying to use them again after so long is really difficult. but Do keep the fact that Chell might recognize GLaDOS/Caroline as her real mother (Caroline probably being forced to put Chell up for adoption).
Ace of Fours chapter 1 . 5/6/2011
Wooow, this was reeeeallly brilliant. Nicely written, it made me feel so bad for Chell. So far you're the only person who's taken this approach to Chell's personality. Me gusta!