Reviews for Scarred
111nobody111 chapter 4 . 7/28/2013
This is a great story that had great potential, I say had because since you have not updated in nearly two years, I assume you have simply just decided to leave this story dead. Its a damn shame...
Shamekeeper12 chapter 4 . 3/9/2013
This is a fantastic story with great action, but it may be a litte too discriptive. It's hard to read huge blocks of text. Maybe you should try to be a little more concise. This may even help you update more often!
Tanon chapter 3 . 2/3/2012
You take Ludicrous Gibs to a whole new level.
Jade TeaLeaf chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
I told you I'd read one day, didn't I? :)

For your first fanfic, I'd say that this is excellent writing. No rookie mistakes as far as I'm aware. I was able to catch the general scope of things but then I realized that a lot of my memory with the Pokemon show has faded. I do, however, remember the original series quite well and to hear about Team Rocket again is very nostalgic. Which makes me wonder, are Jessie and James going to be in this story?

I will read and review again, but not until a while. Still have stuff on my to-do list. :(

Until next time, keep writing. :)

Jade TeaLeaf
Soldier of the Future chapter 4 . 12/24/2011
Wow, after like three months or so, you finally updated! But yeah, well, I personally don't mind as I didn't really have the time to catch up with other stories. Anyways, you updated this just in time, as well, I'm leaving tomorrow and might not see you again for a good two weeks or so. P

To start things off, I was really looking forward to this battle. Your descriptions of the Pokemon are top notch, so I should probably give you a medal for that. XD Talk about a good old western standoff that eventually escalates into a deathmatch-style fight, with everyone for themselves!

Team Rocket really hit the bottom of the barrel at start. They didn't bring any advanced gadgets that would allow them to detect the siblings should they activate their cloak, but it was too early to suspect they were not too terribly prepared. Anyways, Latias and Latios were prepared this time as they proved themselves to be a deadly challenge. Well, they're going to definitely need it, that's for sure. Perhaps they should have all gotten assault rifles and just shot them like they were at the local carnival shooting rubber ducks instead? Maybe then they'd have better luck hunting the Eon Pokemon siblings as opposed to playing soft here. XD

Both Latias and Latios are toying with their targets...yeah, it gives Team Rocket a taste of their own poison, heheheh.

Team Rocket is anything but weak even in murderous situations like this. It seems like no matter how much of their members you wipe out mercilessly, they keep on coming like water flying from a broken pipe. It's times like these where you wish there was a cold blooded professional that could take them on with lethal accuracy and skill, but at the same time, stick by your side. P And all of that was just a warm-up.

Ah, the typical self-infliction of harm is always hilarious. Seeing Marowak getting bonked in the face by its own strike is always something worth laughing at.

Raticate's antics were a reason why Latias is not to be made fun of despite her kindness. That must've hurt. Bad. XD

Wow, really. The battle was just chaotic as Team Rocket never seemed to stop their assaults. If each agent had a full six team of Pokemon...well, talk about a survival match for our lovable pair of dragon siblings.

I can vision the hate that Latios had for that particular species. But after what Oakley's Pokemon did, I'm pretty sure it would bring rage and hate back like fire burning through an abandoned fuel depot. No surprise there, but hell, his hate was purely genuine and just amazingly written and presented, so you did a good job there.

You know what would be funny? Team Rocket's defeated Pokemon should be stacked on top of each other like a pile of beaten losers that follow their masters in such a disillusioned manner. By the end of the day, it would probably stack up to the height of a house, and that would definitely be worth laughing at. Or even better...have Latios explode them into a shower of gore and body parts with psychic. If your fic is M-rated, you might as well make it count for starters. For one thing, I can't wait for him to, well, explode the Team Rocket grunts with some deadly fatalities. A slashing uppercut or a mental bolt that blows up craniums and skulls will do. D

I think even the most determined human would fall by this point in the battle, given the immense odds stacked against them. Not only that, but there's little of those who would stand up to such a heavy onslaught without dropping down in exhaustion. So yeah, you gotta give credit to both Latias and Latios they were able to fight this far without throwing off their cloaks and going absolutely medieval against their enemies. The distraction they implemented was pretty ingenious, I must say.

At the same time, I also have to give credit for the fight that the Rockets were putting up. Either they were fiercely loyal and determined to win, or they were ordered to participate in this suicidal mission against their wills. I go with the latter, though, really. P

Latios's tactic was...a combination of forgiveness and outright evil at the same time. He was prepared to kill the Pidgeot but at the same time, chose not to. I guess this proves that he was willing to give them a second chance if they redeemed themselves...and I'd likely say they won't anyways. They never learn, no matter what the case. What do I have to say? In war, mercy and compassion has no place on the battlefield. The only thing on your mind is to frickin' kill them all before they do the same to you, and I'm sure that's a pretty evident case here...one thing is certain. Latios will do that sooner or later, it's just that Team Rocket is dumb enough to test his patience to no end.

Could that mystery Pokemon be Zoroark by any chance? After all it is deemed the Master of Illusions. They're not particularly cold blooded either unless you screw with their families or happen to be in the hands of a villainous agent. I'll take a wild guess here and say that it is the feared Illusion Fox from Gen 5. Sure, it's weak, but it's up there as one of my favorite Gen 5 Pokemon. That could only mean one thing, then. A Zoroark will appear in your story, right? Don't leave me hanging.

Oh wow, this review was freaking long, but it just shows how supportive I am. Rarely, if any, stories will get reviews that are THIS nightmarishly long. P

Anyways, by the time you respond I'll either probably be on my way to HK. So I wish you a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year if I don't see you again, so enjoy it. Your work here definitely has helped me how to write my side of the battles easier, that's for sure. XD

Your loyal and faithful ally,

-Soldier of the Future
Ardtornismyname chapter 4 . 12/24/2011
great chapter as always

can't wait for next one
The Silent Insomniac chapter 4 . 12/24/2011
That battle was intense!

Bravo.

Looks like the saddest part of the story's about to come. And I have a feeling you're going to end it on that note. Makes sense from a writer's viewpoint: brutal battle, and it ends with Latias receiving a fatal blow or Latios mourning over her.

Still not used to the cursing here, and reading Latios go into a frenzy on the Ariados flashback almost feels out-of-character (to the point I wanted to skip the paragraphs), but it seems to be expected anyway given the trauma Annie and Oakley caused during the events of the movie. That... plus the fact the movie never really delved into the Eon Twins' telepathy. (Would've loved to hear Latios/Latias' voices instead of just coos and whines.)

Anyway, great chapter. Intense battle. Looking forward to the next one (sort of).
Impstar chapter 4 . 12/24/2011
Oooh, things are looking good for the dragons. Sigh. I still don't look forward to the next chapter, for all I want the story to continue. It's just a tragedy that a kind heart like Latias gets killed and Latios' heart corrupted.
pokefan95 chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
An awesome story so far and very well written! Although I am not used to reading gory stories, especially when it comes to pokemon, this story have intrigued me greatly and I will certainly carry on to read the next chapters.

What saddens me the most is that Latias will be murdered as stated in the summary. She is such a wonderful pokemon! :'(
Impstar chapter 3 . 11/30/2011
Brutal. I'm almost afraid to read the next chapter at this rate. Since the summary tells us what happens... poor Latias, she doesn't deserve what's coming to her. And Latios... are his scares going to be physical (can Pokemon even scar?) or mental? Both are bad, but mental is worse in a way; physical is just cosmetic. Sigh, well, I guess I'll find out. I just hope that Latios gets revenge for poor Latias.
NanoCarp chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
Damnit. And here I thought the internet was a secret known only to the good guys...

In all seriousness, this is definitely a strong start to the story. It's well written and I expect great things from reading it.
XiXIXiX chapter 3 . 10/19/2011
this is a fun read. needs work, but then again, most beginner writers do (i know, i am one.). the thing that goes of on my radar is the second chapter. i dont know how to explain it, but the part were you just went ahead and said what they did in the past year in such a ballant way just strikes a cord with me. other than that, i just have to say more dialogue. everything else seems fine, from chapter length to characterization. the flow seems to be going smoothly too. From what i can discern, latios is either going to either go to ash, or that tobias guy from sinnoh. this is a good story, possibly borderline great one (far from awesome though) and i hope to see this improve and get better as time moves on. hope to see your next update!
ForPain chapter 2 . 9/29/2011
Hey Csigamer, it's ForPain here.

I have read Chapter 2, and I was truly contented by the quality and plot of that chapter, really amazing. For a starting author, you're pretty good, you have some potential inside of you.

Now, for my review:

The start of the chapter was completely soothing, amazing describtion of Altomare itself, as well as the weather and areas...really made me feel peaceful while being able to picture the scene in my mind. Great work!

Strange, I believe Latias was the type to also like flying through the sky and all, but every author and his perspectives. Nevertheless, it was good to see Latios has a playful side here as well, doing barrel rolls and such.

I really enjoyed the chase Latios and Latias had throughout Altomare, through the canals, the secret garden, oh god I love those two siblings...so amazing, I want them to be with each other forever! GODDAMMIT WHY DOES LATIAS HAS TO DIE IN THIS STORY? WHY?

When Latios pinned Latias to the ground and all, my heart flattered, such affection, they really are like they are in ANCAL, their personalities match...except ONE, VERY BIG THING-

' ! Come on, she's like...TOO CUTE and INNOCENT for cursing! That was the one thing that annoyed me in this chapter.

I found it rather hard to deal with Latios' made-up human appearence here, because mostly, I don't like OC's or everything related to that...although I loved the "touche".

Bianca seemed to be as wonderful as ever, and I'm surprised Ash has finally reached the Hoenn League already! The battle was amazing, flowing smoothly together with Latios' Bianca's and Latias' comment during the battle from home...Latias really loves Ash...

And just then I had to fall downwards to hell, witnessing the TV report where Annie and Oakley are said to escape prison...killing TWO officers! and...escaping through a telephone wire...shouldn't that kill a human if he comes to contact with it? It's like...thousands of volts running through that thing, it's like a thunder together with a volt tackle straight to your stomach...ouch...

I can't believe they had escaped! Those two damn bitches...

Anyways, aside from that, I have nothing more to comment about. I overally liked the rest of the scenes, and got disturbed that you really did do a time skip of a whole year in just a single line, you should've filled us in more with what happened during that year instead of just mentioning..."Latios and Latias trained a lot"...come on!

Looks like troubles are present deep in the horizon as the two spies are approaching Altomare...damn I hate them! HATE THEM! it's a good thing they will die as well...right? RIGHT?

Anyways, with that ends my review, and I'm really sorry for Latios, Bianca and Lorenzo...who will witness and mourn Latias' death in the following chapters...*sniff*...you have got to be KIDDING ME!
ForPain chapter 1 . 9/23/2011
Hmmm...I had just found out about this story from a well-informed resource (Arceus-MASTER's Favorite List)...he told me he was Beta Reading your story in one conversation today...I admire and look up to him for reviving the Latios and Latias Category with his story- A New Chance At Life, and I can see a lot of stories branched out from his...some upper into the sun while others...deeper into the ground...don't get me wrong.

He had told me that Latias will die in this story, and I really failed to understand what is the point in doing such a thing aside from twisting up Latios' figure to revenge and all...but after a short persuation...what can I see, I'll give it a shot, see what happens, how it goes.

Ok, I don't know if I will be sticking around, but let me begin my Review and end this quickly:

That Chapter didn't have much going on in it, but I indeed loved the scene between Giovanni and Annie and Oakley, the arguements, the humor, the professionality...it was well fitting.

I can see Arceus-MASTER was right...you have GREAT description skills, can smell my friends' writing quality inside yours...with a little bit of some other thing...

I hate to think what will come as a result of Annie's and Oakley's escape from prison, and I didn't want them to really get out from there, but seemingly they did.

Giovanni is always professional, even when he's informal, he's professional, and when he's professional- he's professional. Can imagine his little pet turning on him if he stops feeding him...and I bet Giovanni will do the same...I wonder if he keeps his persian only to look intimidating and such...you know, every INFAMOUS boss has a scary, emotionless looking cat...and he always pets him...ALWAYS!

I loved it when Annie and Oakley argued...I never knew Annie had other professions aside from fashion...she's like a psychologist? It's SO fitting for Oakley to stand abruptly like that, she was the one known to be unable to contain her rage and anger.

In addition- LOVED how Giovanni shut them up...professionally...

Would doubtfully like to see what future holds...I am not known to be a fan, and either show interest in darkfics...hope this one won't turn out to be like some OTHER FANFIC OUT THERE...

In overall, great quality, highly descriptive skills, great imagination...would prefer seeing you use it to make lightfics (?)...but I guess that's what unique in humans- you never know if they will turn to the dark or light side...but then again, the dark and light sides are just prespectives from every single human's eye...our prespectives may be different.

I don't think I will stick along after chapter 3...I believe this will be when Latias dies (duh, the chapter is named NIGHT OF BLOOD AND TEARS!).

Nevertheless, good luck on your story,

ForPain.
Ardtornismyname chapter 3 . 9/16/2011
Finally you updated.

great chapter as always I really want to see what happens next