Reviews for Hindsight Is Not Perfect
Raven3182 chapter 12 . 11/21
This is a very well-done story. Even the plotted evens follow the movie very closely, you managed to do it in a way that was still fresh and different. I really enjoyed reading this. Your characters are vibrant and three-dimensional. Great job! I'm off to the sequel. Thanks for writing!
Taure chapter 10 . 10/17
This is all extremely contrived. There's no way someone as skilled in the force as Anakin would be confused over whether someone was alive or dead. In fact, it seems to be a running tread through the story - people forget their abilities at author-dictated times so as to drive the plot in certain directions. It makes the story feel like it's been driven by the author rather than the characters and frustrates the reader because people are acting in ways that we feel they wouldn't.
BlueEyedBrigadier chapter 12 . 10/6
I think...this the ending that is deserved for a story like this: deceptively quiet but hopeful of positive changes to come :D

Definitely can't wait to get started on the sequel!
AnthonyR89 chapter 10 . 10/4
still an interesting story. a little disappointed that killed off Qui-Gon. would have been interesting if he had survived.
AnthonyR89 chapter 2 . 10/4
interesting beginning so far. though anakin did have at least more option available to him: play along until after he helps defeat the trade federation on naboo, then leverage the gratitude of the people of Naboo to buy his mother's freedom and help them start a life on the planet. it'd even leave him with an opportunity to get closer to Padme, as well.
Sirion Lannor chapter 12 . 9/26
Love it! Each chapter was as long as it should've been, and you had great character building.
Deinokos chapter 2 . 9/15
"He'd also have to take on the mantra of "the Chosen One" again, and he knew he did not want to deal with that."

I think "mantle of the Chosen One" might be a better turn of phrase? It just kinda...fits, I think. Just a suggestion. :)
Sarcasm Dragon chapter 12 . 9/15
I liked the first chapter, it was well written. Unfortunately, the rest of it did not seem to match. There was Anakin, finally at peace, finally aware of his own actions, and ready to try to move forward.

Then when he's sent back in time that peace is just gone. Instead he's warring between his memories while in the clutches of hatred and his desire not to be evil.

Not that it's not a fine premise, but the two just seem too incongruous to me.
imnotraven16 chapter 12 . 8/29
excellent story
ILDV chapter 13 . 8/27
very Good
Cadel chapter 13 . 7/17
I very much enjoyed that. You have a clear grounded narrative voice and the story was a joy to read.
I shall continue to the sequel when I can.

Jake1709 chapter 2 . 7/13
master1527 chapter 13 . 6/27
good work
Joe-El chapter 12 . 6/12
Good story. I do have a question, you may address this in the sequel, but why is it that it doesn't seem to cross Anakin's mind, that if he avoids Padme Luke won't exist? kind of seems like a bad way to repay your son for saving you. Just saying. :) I'm starting to read the sequel now. keep up the good work!
Exivus chapter 1 . 6/10
If he knows everything from his past life then he still knows all he has been taught about the force. Couldn't he do a little Jedi mind trick to Watto about the food?