Reviews for Hindsight Is Not Perfect
Leicontis chapter 1 . 6/12
Just started into this fic, and first impression reading chapter 1 is: I am very interested to see where this goes. The writing feels very polished, you do an awesome job of exploring Vader/Anakin's thoughts, emotions, and perspective, and there seems to be a good awareness of and respect for the wider lore. It's also refreshing to see a Star Wars fic that works WITH the characters, when so many writers seem to treat them as blank receptacles for whatever traits they want to apply.
leo1811 chapter 2 . 6/5
I know you wont see this but in the clone wars show annakin saw an angel when he was trapped on that planet with the ray shields i dont remember the ep number but sge was you see this plz edit so that this info is instilled in his knowledge if not oh well.
Raggetymanftw chapter 13 . 5/29
Omg, I loved this! I’m about to read the next part now. Thank you for posting this!
Aedan Kischur chapter 1 . 5/26
I've only read one chapter, and I already think this deserves a TV Tropes page, at least (does it have one? I haven't seen it, and if it doesn't, it's an outright injustice).

At any rate, you have my thumbs up!
Sky Daybreak chapter 4 . 5/23
You made me cry! All the feels, bwaaaahhhhh!
V01dSw0rd chapter 4 . 4/25
whole bunch of cases of missing spaces:
'Forcepresence',
'ForceRaiders'
'caughtfire'
'realizedhe'
PwnerofHeroes chapter 3 . 3/31
good story but i would have thought anakin would appreciate a jedi actually being practical and see qui-gon as such rather than an overblown zealot like the council members
World Theory chapter 1 . 3/17
So, now I wonder if he'll try to free his mom, and get her to safety. I don't really remember the details of the movie very clearly; the last time I watched it was when I was pretty young, and hadn't even heard of fan fiction before. If I watched if for the first time, now, my mind would probably label different and more details as noteworthy.

One thing I'm fairly confident in predicting, is that this story with have a driven and motivated main character, which is the type I prefer to read about.
Ic3pup543 chapter 12 . 3/16
Don't forget you sandwiches, Anakin dear! Thank you for writing this. It's been a joy to read, compelling, well thought out, even if it did drive me half insane at some points.
Ic3pup543 chapter 11 . 3/16
Maybe things can work out sometimes after all. I mean, this is half incredible. He lost his shit, came back, and took off, and now they came and found him to tell him they accept him? Perhaps there is yet something to be done. Obi-wan and Anakin have grown a little closer, even if they might never have the bond they had originally. Qui-gon has passed into the force. Padme is happy, Palpatine is plotting, and the council is ... somewhat strange, but things are rarely only as they seem.
Ic3pup543 chapter 10 . 3/15
It's all too easy to forget. For a moment, Vader reappeared. Now, the child borne from a world of loathing, a lifetime of being told to suck it up and deal, who could only find fault in himself and no room for forgiveness, that child is back. Anakin compartmentalized so completely that he doesn't have so many people living in his head so much as conflicting lifestyles and life choices. It's harder to fight emotions, hard to denounce that which is you. And now, Yoda's off somewhere, he knows shit went down. Palpatine knows. Everybody knows. And now it falls to Obi-wan to drag his ass back and pick up the pieces. If only he could have trusted, just a little. In someone. Anyone. But he knows no one here, and they do not know him.
Ic3pup543 chapter 9 . 3/15
Too much pride. He may learn, one day. But not here. Fuck Anakin, you just had to sink back into the dark side at the first fucking opportunity, didn't you? He got cocky, and now he has to deal with the consequences. Fantastic. The only thing worse than a drama queen is a drama queen that can make things explode with his mind. Now Qui-gon and Obi-wan are fighting Maul, which they may even win, and Anakin's just gone and lost his marbles.
Ic3pup543 chapter 8 . 3/15
Well that all went south incredibly quickly. Sort of? Anakin is beginning to question. Question everything, and eventually you will find the right answers. Wisdom is not in the knowledge that you receive but the knowledge you know you lack, the knowledge you search to find. If he can realize that, perhaps this second chance will work after all. Last time, he never had this chance. Last time, he did not know these things about Obi-wan because Obi-wan did not tell him, for he was a proud man, and knowing these things would always be in question. And then all that with Qui-gon... The man has realized he stands as a soldier. He bears the mark of life-long slavery, though he could never guess to what, and it's obvious that he's hiding things. Now though, if Qui-gon survives, what will happen?
Ic3pup543 chapter 7 . 3/15
And so the force has given Anakin something. Then Siri Tachi showed up and helped give him a swift kick in the ass. Necessary, these were. The thing with prophecies is that far too often they are self-fulfilling, and these ridiculous visions our former Sith Lord gets tend towards this all too well. He has trouble removing himself from them enough to see their conclusion, because he cares too much. Such is life. Either way, he learned something here. Loss, from the Obi-wan that he knew. Some weird scrolls he might want to find. And, even if he has not realized it, that all is not lost. Keep changing, Anakin. There will yet be another way.

And of course, there's all that nonsense with Yoda. Is the old toad just following the feel of the force? Or, is something else at play here? Either way, I always enjoy his sense of humor. He just lives to stir up trouble and poke young people into action. Obi-wan is suspicious as ever, and Yoda has noticed that Qui-gon cannot keep an eye on Anakin even half as well as his young apprentice does.

Then, more on the lines of plot, we have Padme attempting to actually make something work to save her people. It's still something of a ridiculous miracle that they managed anything with Jar-jar involved, at all. Poor creature.
Ic3pup543 chapter 6 . 3/14
Yoda out causing shit again. Thank somebody for that creepy weirdo, I mean yoink. And his random stroll through the temple causing everyone shit. Wonder what he was thinking. He's got a lot of problems, but there are many things at play here. He did not act thus before, but then last time Anakin wasn't who he is, so who knows. Maybe there are more things at play here than meet the eye. And Obi-wan... why he's connected so strongly to Anakin is something only the force could answer, and that damn thing is silent as all shit. Qui-gon isn't being very helpful for him, because he's a Jedi with all the stupid nonsense that comes with that, all the purposeful lies and misdirection and words left unsaid for one reason or another, and because he can't fucking tell because he isn't force-fucking-bonded to the kid. Obi-wan is suspicious, with just the right amount of knowledge to see that things don't add up here at all and an insight that no one in the galaxy has. All I can really say is that this kid's in for some fun.