Reviews for Healed
0Oo The River Witch oO0 chapter 1 . 12/23/2013
You shoot.
Hitting square at Azula's stomach, causing her to double. You watch as Katara smiles, thankfully, and you smile back, because he knows it's right. Because you owe her.
There! All better:3
clac234 chapter 1 . 12/15/2012
Ah! Cliffhanger, why?! Very well written! I enjoyed the second person perspective...you don't tend to see that a lot.
thumos chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
I've seen fics similar to this one where Katara heals Zuko's scar, and they always end up evolving into Zutara right away. Even though I support the pairing, I'm glad you didn't go along with that cliche; you made the whole scenario a lot more realistic. The fact that you wrote this in second person made Zuko's dilemma a lot more intimate and real, and I could really understand Zuko's confusion and anguish during the entire scene. And I love how you left the ending ambiguous, open to any interpretation. Because I'm an idealist, I'm going to assume Zuko sided with Aang and Katara, instead of Azula, though you explained well how he really could have gone either way. Good job!
SkyWolf25 chapter 1 . 10/5/2012
You shoot.
...

At Azula! *cheers*
Automail-gHost chapter 1 . 9/3/2012
HUH? WHERE'S THE REST? You could make an amazing AU re-write! Oh please will you continue? It's too good! XD
Amicus Humani Generis chapter 1 . 8/19/2012
Wow. That was amazing. I've always wondered what it would be like if Katara healed Zuko's scar. The fact that this is in second person makes it seem more real and intimate, and I love how you left the ending ambiguous - you don't know whether Zuko was redeemed then or later. All in all, good job!
artephile chapter 1 . 7/14/2012
Amazing, profound, elegant. I shiver thinking of the implications of each possibility; through this one difference, this decision and its consequences is made even more significant.
Lucrezia6565 chapter 1 . 4/17/2012
Very well thought and written.

Just like a previous reviewer, I also find the line "Bronze, blue, grey" beautiful and haunting.

And then, he shot...

I absolutely love what you did here. The characterization, the drama, the suspense, and that indefinite ending...(I could feel Zuko's inner struggle between right and wrong; seriously, WHAT would he do if he could be free of his scar and his shame?)

...brilliant, just brilliant.

I look forward to reading more from you

SarahSimon chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
Love the ambiguity in the ending. Great job.
Crazy Dyslexic Nerd chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
He shot at Azula. Don't tell me differently, that's what I choose to believe. Wonderful story, BTW.

-Dyslexic Nerd
Simply Christian chapter 1 . 8/4/2011
This oneshot left me speechless.

It perfectly captures Zuko's thoughts in this what-if scenario, made all the more better by its ambiguous ending.

The second POV is one rarely done and even more rarely done well, which you have accomplished, by vivid imagery and good insight on Zuko's character.

It was interesting to read as Zuko thinks that maybe Katara's healing was nothing more than a bribe, but then gives her the benefit of the doubt.

What truly captured my attention, however, was Zuko facing the three players awaiting his decision. The telling of how each of them had something to offer Zuko made me hold my breath just like I had when I saw "Crossroads of Destiny" the first time, eagerly awaiting if he would make the right choice. The three short paragraphs succinctly summed up the situation, as Zuko is faced with the choice of honor, self-sacrifice, and friendship.

"Bronze, blue, grey." Those three simple words were probably my favorite part of this piece of fiction, because they packed such a powerful punch; it sends shivers up my spine every time I read it.

I also liked how you left the ending unknown, to be left up to the reader's imagination. On the one hand, it would be great to see Zuko make the right decision, and at first glance, it would be great. But there are a couple of snags that would have cropped up had Zuko chosen to side with the Avatar in "COD." First off, he would not have the same closure in dealing with his father. It was only after he returned "home" with Azula that Zuko realized that even though he had everything he wanted, it was not right, leading him to seek out Team Avatar and join them whole-heartedly. By choosing the Avatar under Ba Sing Se, Zuko could have harbored doubts about his allegiances, perhaps even reverting back to his old self in a crucial moment later in the series, perhaps for good. Another important reason it was a good thing Zuko returned to the Fire Nation was because he was there when Ozai made his plans to raze the Earth Kingdowm during Sozin's Comet. If Zuko had not found that out, Team Avatar would not have the same incentive to stop Ozai before the comet arrived. Therefore, much, if not all, of the Earth Kingdowm would have been burned to the ground if Zuko had not been at that war council. It is interesting case where a wrong choice at the right time did more good in the long run than a right choice at the wrong time.

On the other hand, if Zuko had chosen Azula in your fic, it would make his betrayal much worse, due to Katara's sacrifice, and make it much harder for him to regain their trust later.

Overall, I rank this fanfic as one of the best I have come across in Avatar, truly grade "A" material.
whatever95 chapter 1 . 7/4/2011
Thank you for making the ending ambiguous. I don't think I would have been satisfied with anything else. That being said, this was a great fanfic, thanks for writing.

hypercell chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
is the end vague on purpose or will you be adding some more? Great idea!
Teefarino chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
I love the ambiguous ending! And the second person narrative made it really interesting. The phrase "properly manipulated" was my favorite-it just stuck out to me as a perfect descriptor. This was just short, sweet, and to the point :) Great job! :)

~Teefarino
FirePony16 chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
Will you write a sequel? Maybe one that show what would happen if he chose to help Katara and Aang, help Azula, or free Uncle to run from all. Or just to run from them all since Uncle is with Katara and Aang. He could decide he needs more time to decide. *shrugs*

Interesting way of writing. It was hard to read at first but I really like it. I do like the way you left it off, not telling who Zuko decided to help.