Reviews for A World Apart
K chapter 1 . 7/20/2015
well i think you could maybe add about how kvothe's eyes are like his mother and the whole inheritance of genes in same family and so i think it was a bit rushed and maybe the author didnt pursue this story line because the aunt would be the same age as the could develop it even more if there was a scandal between kvoths and maulan relationship where in the end she finds out the he is other than edema ruh but also her i would love to read review i felt very unsatisfied and would love it if you would develop this plot more it has so so much potential. thanks for the story.
PhoenixPixie23 chapter 1 . 2/23/2014
I thought of this too. So many hints. The thrice-locked-chest appears (smells of citrus) to be made of the same wood as the box she showed him (smelled of lemon), which was also mentioned while he was in the Fae with the Cthaeh (lemon scented tree). Plus the poems, which mention all of it, including a door (possibly to the Fae given the lemon link?) and a blood son (Kvothe) and the unworn ring (gotta be the wood one) and makes a point of the word "seven" which may also mean it's connected to the Chandrian... It makes me think it's going to be a major plot point in the next book. Possibly THE major plot point. Of the whole trilogy. Can't wait.

I like the story. I would have liked it more if it had been slower. While all those emotions would have probably come out in a period of weeks, or given Kvothe's stunted emotional growth and Meluan's anger, months or years, all in one sitting was hard to keep up with. If you ever decided to lengthen it, it would probably be a lot closer to the brilliance that was in your head :) I'd read it if you did that :)

Clever and insightful!
polyptera chapter 1 . 12/2/2013
That was a nice little fic. I think the same thing myself.
scoyblue chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
Yeah I also suspected this may be the case in the original story. (Kvothe being the nephew of lady lockless).
The Scarlet Pumpernickel 2.0 chapter 1 . 11/1/2012
Nice concept. But far, far too short. There's not nearly enough time for the characters to settle into the information, checks would have had to be made etc.
The last bit comes way too soon on the back of the revelation.
bowow0708 chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
rushed, but good job though. and Kvothe already knew Meluan's sisters name in the book and how would he know that his father called her tally? he would be pretty young and that raises many questions
Damatris chapter 1 . 8/17/2011
That was exactly what I thought when I read The Wise man's Fear. It would be quite the coincidence if Kvothe's mother wasn't a Lockless before joining the Ruh.
Fallon-Idalia chapter 1 . 7/19/2011
I sort of suspected that perhaps Kvothes mother was Meluans sister, it is nice to see that Im not alone in thinking so :)

Short but sweet, and nicely written! Bravo :)
xCrumpleHornedSnorkackx chapter 1 . 6/27/2011
Really good .

Except Kvothe's mom's name is Laurian...
Nnsonofsam chapter 1 . 6/8/2011
I justcame to the same conclusion today about kvithe and his mother being a lockeless , I had a few thoughts about how it would come out later on
WishIWasAWitch chapter 1 . 5/31/2011
I also thought this when I read it! Esecially when his mum told him off for singing that song about lady lockless!