Reviews for Manor of Sleeping Tattoos
spider warrior chapter 8 . 6/25/2014
T-T
At lest Light is happy... But poor Sayu! It's her reaction is so sad!

*River fall of tears.*

It was a really good story...But now I need a tissue box.

Blue Sysin chapter 1 . 6/9/2012
Omg, I'm in love with you! Fatal Frame Death note? Why haven't I looked for it sooner? IT'S GENIUS! Plus it's Yaoi. I think I can kiss you bro. Your just like some magic writer or something. Ugh! It's AMAYZING!
samalane chapter 8 . 10/23/2011
Ahh, it took me forever to get around to reading this last chapter because I had a feeling it would make me cry. It did, in the end.

But I'm really happy with how you ended this story. You managed to portray the grief Light was experiencing beautifully and I'm glad that in the end, he got to cross over with L. The fact that he died was sad, of course, but I feel that overall the ending was happy, if that makes any sense.

Anyways, I really loved what you did with this - I honestly don't think I ever would have thought to do a Death Note/Fatal Frame Crossover, but you did, and you made it work.

So congrats! And I hope to see more from you in the future!

-samalane
darling devotee chapter 8 . 10/3/2011
Ooh, wow. I've never seen the premise done before, of L dying by Rem's hand but Light not regaining his memories of Kira - it's a very strong and tantalising idea. And, needless to say, I've never imagined the idea taken in such a boldly unique direction.

I really love the way you write - it feels sorta delicate and powerful all at once. There's something (appropriately) dreamlike about it, in the 'real' scenes too - maybe it's partly due to the use of present tense, and the frequent scene transitions..? And the way you depict Light's pain is very affecting, and while reading it struck me that there's something intensely compassionate about putting that experience into words. I also loved the use of Sayu. The scenes concerning her and Light were painful in their tenderness. The story's concluding moments especially.

As for the aspects of Fatal Frame you brought in, I really enjoyed them. As a non-gamer I was thoroughly ignorant of the game's premise/themes etc, but it didn't feel like this impaired the reading experience. If anything, it seemed very effective, because I was travelling further into this other world along with Light, with no knowledge of what was up ahead except that I could intuit from what I already knew. The significance of the rituals etc in later chapters was hard to pin down, but that wasn't bad really because it just made it feel all the more like being in a dream, where events can hold an immense significance even though the dreamer can't logically articulate why or reduce their meaning into words.

Overall, thoroughly involving and unique in the best possible way, skilfully written and provoking a complex emotional response from the reader. One of those pieces that you know is gonna stand out in your memory for a long time :D
Maria Starlight chapter 8 . 9/16/2011
Amazing ending!
icywarm chapter 8 . 8/25/2011
that was one of the the bet stories i have ever read. right now, I'm trying my best not to sob, and tears still escape my eyes. the summery had intrigued me but i wasn't sure if i wanted to read it. once i saw that it was marked complete, i said to myself, i may never see it again, so i read it. and it was just awesome. you are a really good writer and i am glad that i decide to read this fanfiction.
erihan chapter 8 . 8/25/2011
the ending was i bit of a suprise but i tied everything up well and was very good
Maria Starlight chapter 7 . 6/29/2011
Awesome chapt
samalane chapter 7 . 6/29/2011
I'm so curious to see what happens next! Great chapter!
Maria Starlight chapter 6 . 6/25/2011
Awesome chapt
erihan chapter 5 . 6/17/2011
damm. things are getting really creepy but its good. i hope to read more soon.
Maria Starlight chapter 5 . 6/12/2011
This has got to be the best fanfiction story I have ever read! You are an amazing author! I love how the scenes are set, how Light's emotions are easy to pick up, I'm getting chills just thinking about this chapter. Amazing and Awesome job!
Maria Starlight chapter 4 . 6/4/2011
Awesome chapt!
samalane chapter 4 . 6/3/2011
I really liked this chapter! It was very interesting and I'm eager to see what happens in the next one!
Lil Kitsune-chan chapter 4 . 6/3/2011
I fell in love with the game when I first saw a walkthrough of it because of this story.I gotta say that I like the spin you put into it. I'm excited for the next installment and I can't wait to see how everything turns out .