Reviews for The Yellow Wood
oh-hale-yeah chapter 1 . 5/14/2014
So I know this is an old one for you, but I just stumbled across it and I freaking love it! All four of those scenarios seem totally plausible, in character, etc... Not even sure how it's possible for that many different outcomes to fit so well, so... Well done :) great writing!
Sofree chapter 1 . 9/28/2011
Wow that bit at the end about a 'safe bet' made me laugh. I love this couple here's hoping for ending number 4 :]
jediyam chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
this is great, love all the perspectives, great writing
Gwynevere1 chapter 1 . 5/20/2011
I'm so glad to see fanfic for this pairing. Section #4 is my favorite, and I think the best line in the fic is:

"He feels like he's seventeen and trying to fit in with a high school crowd he kids himself he's grown out of, when the truth is he never even grew in – stooping, pock-marked, skinny and smarter than it's worth his while being, lonely as hell with nothing even close to a happy home to go back to."

Wow, do I relate to that sentiment. (Although, thankfully,, I've never ended up in prison, like Lloyd.)
theotherweasley chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
Wow. This was really great! I think you did a great job capturing the characters, even based on the insights into Lloyd and Julianne limited by the (so far) short run of the show. Overall, I loved it (and am obviously keeping my fingers crossed for a type 4 scenario!)
i'm a quitter chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
Okay, so I'm kinda just staring at the screen with my mouth hanging open like I'm waiting to catch flies or something... I'm not even sure where to begin... I'm sure you're probably completely and totally aware of how awesome this is - and how awesome you are! How else would you be able to capture their personalities flawlessly even while giving four different scenarios that head in four VERY different directions?

This may come as a surprise, but I think my favorite is the third one. I don't know if I'm just a glutton for angst or what my deal is, but I am absolutely IN LOVE with raw character flaws and moral imperfection like that.

"Lloyd Lowery is a genius, and Lloyd Lowery has a hundred reasons at the tip of his tongue why it's *alright really* that this carry on. He'll be the death of both of them, and he *hates,* deeply, violently, that he's so okay with that."

I got chills - FLIPPIN CHILLS - when I read that! You just can't get much more real than that! Last night's revelation as to what Lloyd did to get 25 years hit me like a WRECKING BALL, and I can honestly say that your story hit me like that too! Third was my favorite, but from start to finish this story was an absolute rush!

I'm probably babbling incoherently by now because I've watched the new episode twice online and read your story three times and I honestly can't remember the last time I was inspired to write a review this long... I think I'll read it just once more, but it's kind of like trying to eat just ONE Hershey kiss...

i'm a quitter