Reviews for shattering mirrors
a walk on the w i l d side chapter 1 . 5/23/2012
This is so gorgeous, oh my goodness. It's just wonderful and real and powerful. It's just so beautiful.

I love the family dynamics you had going on here, all the love and romance and just- just- everything. I love the Hugo/Lily/Louis dynamic, and the Roxanne/Scorpius and Molly/Lysander and Lucy/Lorcan and just oh my gosh, it's wonderful. The banter and natural dialogue was so funny, and really realistic.

It was all so natural, and such an intriguing, engaging piece. I really loved it all :)

The writing style was great- descriptive, painting wonderful pictures in my mind, but not too heavy. There was still a plot under the writing, which can be a hard balance to get (and I certainly don't get it right :P).

This was beautiful, well done.

Keep writing,

Kat x
ce sont les petits choses chapter 1 . 3/14/2012
The best part of this story is the fact that this story isn't all love and rainbows and butterflies; it's the start of something potentially amazing. (Also Louis and Lily's daring sides.)

"Six minutes," Fred says. "Got get 'em, Louis."

Should this be "Go get 'em, Louis"?

All around great story! :)
allie's hope chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
LIKE! LIKE! LIKE! LIKE! THUMBS UP! FAVORITE! REBLOG! RETWEET! AND ALL THAT JAZZ.

omfg. Bri

that was perfect. i keep forgetting how wonderful an author you are. holy shiatt. i am blown away. between the interactions of weasley family members to the outstanding metaphors, it was just absolutely amazing.

and on top of all that, LucyLorcan. it shows how talented you are at painting a romance, that Lucy and Lorcan hardly touched in the story and still there was an overwhelming amount of tenderness and love between the two. It made it seem so comfortable and so perfect.

and these are by far my favourite lines:

It's the reason Grandma Weasley keeps the back door open; there's too much love to be contained in a crooked house. (so true about the Weasley family and just another reason why I love HP)

with eyes like stars and dreams of the future in her pocket. (exquisite!)

allie
Skandar-Loves-Redvines chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
THAT WAS AMYZHIE-ING.

Dude, siriusly.

No words.

I'm going to stop babbling and just hit the damn favourite button now.

Really.

I honestly have no words.
Julia Claire chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
Oh my goodness, Bri.

...

/doesn't know what to say

This is completely and utterly brilliant - I really, really liked the original, but I absolutely adore how you edited it - I lovelovelovelove it. Really.

I love the way you changed the title, and added the parts with stars and mirrors - that was brilliant, and I just thought it really, really fit the piece. And I just adore the little moments between all the cousins. NextGen fanfic is usually strictly romance - and while I love that, it's sososo nice to see all the different family relationships. I love the bet about who can stay on the roof longest - because honestly, only the Weasleys could think of that, and how Lily took the money out of James's pocket. It was just... funny and sweet and beautiful and poignant, all at once.

So, basically, all in all, one of the best NextGen pieces I've ever read. Amazing job - your writing's beautiful!

(Oh, and I adore the little romantic bits with Lucy and Lorcan too.))
BlueEyes444 chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
As much as I love LilyLorcan, I adore LucyLorcan and I swear, this is by far, one of the best ones I have ever read. It's just so darn amy-zhie-ing, Bri-let. :D
iliads chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
I love everything about this, wow. From the relationships between the characters to the love woven throughout the story. Very beautifully written, and I absolutely love the way you portray Lucy. All I can say is wow, really.
chasingafterstarlight chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
Aw, this is so cute!

I love the dynamics of the Weasley family, and oh, Molly and Lysander were just so funny ;)

I also love the theme of what love is and is not- that was great :)

The whole LucyLorcan thing is amyzhieing, too. This whole story was just great.

LOVE IT! GREAT JOB D
motherpucker chapter 1 . 5/7/2011
Oh, Bri, this was truly lovely. I adored every aspect of it, from the quote to the gorgeous last line. Your writing has a lovely kind of sheer honesty to it...it's so genuine and sweet, I love it!

"Blonde hair's the charm."

I love that line. So much. Because it's Louis, and it's blonde hair, and I love blonde hair!

"They were meant to be seen high in the sky for world to view them, whole and sometimes tainted, but never the less real."

Stunning. Such a fluid line. It really was just pure gorgeous, the perfect way to end a fic. Well done!

I think, however, that "bound by the eccentricities of real love" was my favourite line, because real love *is* eccentric, and we all are bound by it.

I loved it. Well done, , it was lovely, and beautiful, and fluid, and - goodness. Lorcan! I really do adore him.

Ella x