Reviews for Sacrifices
BakenandEggs chapter 15 . 9/15
This story is great! Thanks for writing it. I am really enjoying it.
Ali chapter 15 . 8/3
Oh I do wish you would update this soon! Absolutely wonderfully written!
emletish chapter 15 . 8/2
So I re-read this story today. I'd forgotten how awesome it was. Everything is so thoughtfully crafted and real to the characters and it is all just evolving so well and your post war world is so realistic. I do love this whole story and this chapter in particular.
Who is behind this evil plot though? I would have bet actual, real money on Ozai. Could it be Azula - she was a magnificent bastard before her breakdown.
That scene post-hizem is chilling. Like he killed the kids - that is just piling on the evil sauce.
Aaah watertribe times. I love KAtara and Sokka and Hakoda and their whole family dynamic so much. Let Sokka have this moment!
Ah Zuko, bb, no shame in not wanting to see you sister. If Azula was my sister, I wouldn't be a keen bean. In many ways it is unfair to compare Zuko/Azula to Sokka/Katara because the relationships are so different. They were meant to be mirror for each other, but mirrors show the opposite image. So it's all well and good for Sokka and Katara on the loving and functional side, but Zuko is then placed firmly on the dysfunctional As f*** side of things. I don't think he should beat himself up too much.
interesting that the insitution can't keep people out effectively...
Loved loved loved the whole formal luncheon thing. Zuko coming to his own, his leadership skills developing, Katara getting a shout out for her awesomeness - loved it.
Ooooh mystery box! what is Iroh up to?
Aww he is everyone's uncle.
Aww Katara is just the sweetest with her lullaby mission. Loved the world-building about the firenation and why it fell out of favour. Great little scene.
Aww everybody cares about Zuko being run-down in your world! Which is just lovely and warms the cockles of my heart.
It may be nothing, probably just a throw away line, but should I be worried about those three actors who "drowned at sea" - or are they part of the plot somehow?
Yay Ember Island Vacation for all!

This was a wonderful, amazing read and I love it! I have no idea what will happen next (aside from a vacation obviously) and I love that too!
baesharam chapter 15 . 7/21
I read this fanfic in 2 days, please update. I understand real life can get in the way of writing, but I do hope you didn't give up on this fanfiction :)
WittyBasketcase chapter 2 . 6/1
omg! is mai cheating!? man, i really like her in this fic...
IcyPanther chapter 15 . 12/31/2015
I have been enjoying your story for several nights now (staying up a bit too late to read it! :p) and can't wait to read more.
I love the cultures and history you have created and I feel like it flows incredibly well within Mike and Bryan's world. I think it's fantastic that you make me care not just about my favorite characters, but original ones as well!
Hope you're able to update again soon! Have a wonderful New Year!
nikkster101 chapter 15 . 10/14/2015
You, my dear author, are a genius! I don't know how to describe what I feel but the you certainly caught my eye. Your story's the best and I mean the BEST-EST post-war fanfic I could ever read. And I swear, none of them could topple off what you wrote. I read this today and finished it today for like the entire day. 1 chapter is long but I kove every word of it. Nothing made me stop reading it today.

Though I really hope you'd update soon and never leave this story. Seriously, your work should be recognized in Tumblr or elsewhere. It's that great that I feel like I can't sleep. See? The effect of your fic. I mean it's power. I hope you'd put more Zutara tension in here. They kind of deserve it hahahs
Guest chapter 3 . 10/9/2015
Wow, love this :)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/8/2015
Love this :)
Boogum chapter 15 . 9/6/2015
Finally got a chance to read this chapter. I'm sorry this review is going to be short, but I'm at work.

Anyway, I liked this chapter a lot. Zuko's actions with Roku at the meeting made me smile. It was also nice to see how determined Katara was to get that lullaby for Zuko - shows how much she cares. Also had a big grin at Sokka's reaction to the song wrote about him.

I look forward to seeing how their vacation goes. I'm also curious if there is some significance regarding the Ember Island Player actors who drowned.
Ten-Faced chapter 15 . 8/21/2015
Oops sorry for the late review.

Man, I have to give that warden credit. On one hand, he's got to be a little miffed that someone managed to break out of his jail, and yet he still manages to pay respect to Iroh instead of treating him rudely out of offended pride (of course, Iroh being who he is might have something to do with that, but still).

Haha the thought of Zuko practicing a line in front of a mirror so he can use it is so funny - and yet it really makes everything all the more realistic and lovely. I think I heard somewhere that kings and queens known for eloquent speeches practiced a lot in front of their mirrors, so it's really cool.
Peace215 chapter 15 . 8/19/2015
(I'm too lazy to log in - I'll admit it)

I absolutely love this story. When I see it's been updated, I get so excited. You write detailed, well thought out points, and it all comes together beautifully. I also like seeing how after the death of Mai, birth of Roku, and Zuko's taking of the throne and everyone's involvement is going. Not to mention the actual plot of assassins is extremely interesting; I can't wait to see who it is.
Suki's treatment of Azula, to me, could've been much worse. I agree with what you depicted and then explained; like any victim, it's about getting their power back. Azula took Suki's - who is a strong, capable woman - and Suki's treatment was more for her, to prove she was still strong and capable and Azula didn't hold any power over her anymore. At first, the guard's attitude and doctor's expressed thoughts, bugged me. Because I could see WHY Suki was doing it. But when you tied it up last chapter, with more understanding, I felt better about it.
And I have to agree, Azula, was the best villain because of her psychotic personality; though the breakdown also made her three dimensional, and gave her more substance. I guess I liked her portrayed both ways! (the damaged little sister, or the villainous princess).
Great chapter, and great writing as always! Look forward to more!
Malicean chapter 15 . 8/15/2015
How did I overlook that one? Decent post-war stories are thin enough on the ground and this one checks all the usual hallmarks of your writing - MUCH more thought put into different cultures (and resultant misunderstandings/prejudices-with-a-reason etc.) than the show itself ever had, an amazing wealth of world-building details (from the use of minstrels as propaganda tools to bento-boxes for the councillors (LOL!)), nice plot-twists and the much appreciated the-real-world-isn't-always-nice flavor.

Only thing that had me stumble for a moment: a casually thrown-in pedicure in an Upper Ring spa just after introducing foot-binding; I mean, sure, bound feet need regular, extremely thorough nail-trimming and a specialist foot-rub would probably be nice, too, but if that kind of establishment even knows how to deal with, ah, naturally grown feet ...?
Loveszuko chapter 15 . 8/15/2015
I would love to see a scene where this Zuko, wiser, powerful and more compassionate, reunites with his old crew. They survived the north pole but were too ashamed to go back to the fire nation, so they are fishermen or something else now. I don't know why, but I think they should know what and who Zuko became.
Totally Spazz-tastic chapter 15 . 8/9/2015
OOOooo yay! Update on my favorite story!

I predict Ember Island may be the site of Aang and Katara's impending break up. No real Zutara in the aftermath, though- I don't see them actually getting together as a couple in any way until Roku is at least 9 months old...

I predict the continuing plot will involve the onii of Ba Sing Se and Hokkano. Perhaps Ursa is somewhere on Hokkano and -ooh- maybe the assassins are in league with those imprisoning Ursa.

Love all your fics Kimberly-keep up the amazing work.