Reviews for Familiar Taste of Poison
neverland300690 chapter 1 . 1/10/2014
This one made me wonder about the time-line. When is this happening? There is something here that makes me think of Johnny as a teen, but I guess that would be just my imagination. The beauty of these moments you wrote is that they are so incomplete. I feel like screaming when each ends and I don’t have anything else to go by. Not above begging you to write more here, but im not gonna do that because well, sometimes it comes to you and sometimes it doesn’t.
I'd love to know how these two met, how they grew up, what makes them so inseparable, what makes him trust her. There's trust there, in the way he hugs her in the end and it would be interesting to explore that.
I gotta say, going from the way he seemed to hate Lenny in the movie I can't imagine Johnny getting so bad after being roughed up by him. There was a definite feel of rebellion in Johnny about his father figure, more than there was hurt (though there was plenty of that too) Remember that line, “Daddy! Nice wheels!” - he is so cheeky - or his defiance as a child, singing loudly even after being slapped for it once. Maybe Johnny is afraid of Lenny, but he'd rather taunt the bastard than admit it.
Anyway, loved this one as well. I really wish you'd written more and if you ever do, I will read those as well. Which is why you're on my alert list now. Best of luck with your other stories.
zl145 chapter 1 . 1/2/2012
please write more i loved it :)
touchnotthecat chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
Wow compelling story but I most defiantly want to find out more about Johnny and his lover! Please write more