Reviews for The Aphrodite Curse
BritainBall chapter 14 . 5/25
Yep, Haven city is literally Northern Ireland now.
R3active Paladin chapter 10 . 5/20
ok so listening to my rhapsody playlist and beat it comes on right when kelp says "so beat it"
Anonymous chapter 18 . 1/29
Three things.
1: this story is awesome. I totally ship this!
2: the Artemis fowl series is also awesome,
3: I am also one of the Jessica X. (Strange huh.)
Lord Xantos A. Fowl chapter 12 . 12/20/2015
you have a great fondness for metaphor, it amuses me
Lord Xantos A. Fowl chapter 4 . 12/20/2015
seems kinda rushed and mildly out of character this chapter, but it has a feel of getting this out of the way so you can move on to other things
MaxxVictor chapter 18 . 12/2/2015
Fantastic. Loved every minute of this story.

Nice to read a AF/HS story where good old Trubs isn't a complete jerk.
Pyrophoricity chapter 18 . 5/30/2015
Thanks a lot for that lovely and beautiful story !
whitealmond chapter 18 . 5/3/2015
That was really a beautiful ending. The language was simply poetic, and swept me off bursting with emotion. I love your diction, your dialogue, how the characters speak. It's hard to do correctly, but I think you captured Artemis' voice extremely well.

I'm sad that you're not in this fandom anymore - goodness knows it could always use more wonderful stories - and I'm also sad that it seems like Artemis and Holly will have to do with a long-distance relationship for the rest of their lives, and not just because of fairy prejudice. Though neither of them are very clingy or dependent people, so maybe it's just up their alley ;) I'm sure a few other crises will pop up that Artemis will help solve... and maybe then they'll warm up to him.
whitealmond chapter 17 . 5/3/2015
Really great penultimate chapter. Very sad, very exciting, and things are being wrapped up. Angeline loves her son so much, doesn't she? And it doesn't seem like she holds that much resentment towards fairies, for everything they put her and her son through - getting mesmered, twice, having all their lives at risk, her son contracting a fairy disease... she's quite a remarkable person to be able to look past all of that to embrace Holly's goodness and her love for Artemis.
whitealmond chapter 15 . 5/3/2015
I really liked your courtroom scene; and I'd wondered if the anti-human tribe would try anything worse than whacking an old lady on the head. I was very pleased with what you came up with - certainly the stakes were much higher with this latest attempt. I hope they find Angeline, and soon. And I wonder how much of what she said under the mesmer she actually felt, and has just been suppressing for the sake of her son? It's sad, but as Angeline is a protective mother who's seen fairy prejudice injure her son's friend and put her son in danger, I can see her trying to hide those feelings away...
whitealmond chapter 13 . 5/3/2015
A trial! Boring (more boring than a life or death world hanging on the thread crisis, I mean), but sometimes you must do things by the proper channels :P and if this is the way those human-haters thought to get the Mud Men out of the city, I'd say Butler got off easy...
whitealmond chapter 10 . 5/3/2015
Ugh, people do get hurt in riots. And they weren't exactly JUST exercising free speech - they were harassing and intimidating two people, not letting them pass, and that isn't free speech; it was a crime before the bottle was thrown.

This is the most heated, species-politics-wise, AF fic I've read thus far. Usually authors don't delve into the resentment the fairies must have against humans, as you've done here. I'm really enjoying it.
whitealmond chapter 9 . 5/3/2015
I really like the prejudice in this world that you've brought to light- I haven't seen it addressed to this extent in other fics. Of course the People would be angry, of course Holly and Artemis will have problems, but this is the first fic I've read that actually has a hate crime- scary. Kudos to you!
whitealmond chapter 7 . 5/3/2015
I'm sure Angeline already knows; even geniuses can't hide it from their mothers ;) Also, and this is a small thing, but I thought fairies didn't have bathrooms inside their buildings? Holly shuddered over that in one of the early books, didn't she?

At any rate... Loving the fluff /
whitealmond chapter 5 . 5/3/2015
Just started reading this. I love how you write Artemis, and I love your sophisticated language for him in general. Pulchritude? Hahaha, exactly what Orion would say! also I loved the mental image of Arty pirouetting down the street. Maybe this will help him loosen up XD