Reviews for Inevitable
Louie001 chapter 1 . 11/1/2011
Lovely little story. I love seeing these two together. And those flowers are very symbolic of Aerith as is the ribbon. No wonder Marlene was thinking of her. I used to wonder if Marlene was wearing Aerith's ribbon, but she couldn't be. It's sad that they don't know where the ribbon came from T_T

It's nice for the characters to remember her as they begin to live their lives.
Laurelinde chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
Aww, that was adorable. Short, sweet and touching. Children's voices can be really hard to get right, but you write a lovely Marlene, and Cloud has a strong voice too, especially impressive in so little dialogue!

I liked the mention of their journey during the avalanche time - it can be easy to forget when you dragged the game out over as many months as I did that the characters really didn't know each other for that long, and given everything that happened they probably wouldn't have done a lot of idle chatting.

Well done :)
Crystal Rose of Pollux chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Ooh, this is so sweet and sad. I can definitely picture Cloud repeatedly going to that spot and Marlene coming with him.

And Cloud is as stoic as ever, I see...

I love the tie-in to the ribbon.
CSKazaam chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Aww, I really like this. It's such a unique idea - I mean, in a way it should be obvious that Marlene would start to forget, and Cloud too, but I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned before.

I love the idea of Cloud taking Marlene up to the cliff - the image of him with the sword, and Marlene sitting on his motorcycle with the flowers is just adorable. Though I think the sword actually ends up being moved into the church at the end of AC Complete, I think it works perfectly to have it still up at the cliff for this fic.

It's really tragic with Cloud starting to forget those little details about Aerith, too. And you actually surprised me with the detail that neither of them knows why Aerith had that ribbon, but it totally fits. I love it. Like you said, there are a lot of things they never knew about her. It's so sad! Especially when it seemed like such a big thing to find out that Zack had given it to her.

Poor Marlene and Cloud! **hugs them both.** I love their interaction. And the final image with Marlene's own ribbon in the breeze ties in so well. It's perfect.
Chibi Cheesecake chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Ahh, I love this! It's so sweet and cute and sad all at the same time.

I really love that it takes place at Zack's grave, and I adore how you worked in the flowers growing there.

And ohh, Cloud thinking that he's starting to forget things about Aerith is so sad! ;_; I love that you mention that she kept a lot of her secrets. She's definitely a more complicated character than a lot of writers give her credit for.

I loved the mention of her hair ribbon, especially how you bring it full circle with Marlene's as well. This was so wonderful and sweet, thanks so much!
Tikigod784 chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Pretty cool story, even though Cloud moved the Buster Sword to Aerith's church after he cleaned it.

Nice to see you writing some FF7 stuff again!