Reviews for Half the Man
Trying -Helps chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
That was a nice story, wish it was longer but I suppose everyone feels that way about one shots. I was surprised about the Fire Lord trying to kill Iroh's son off. I just didn't see things getting that bad, well to be honest I did but the Azula thing was what really got me. I never saw her as so sadistic when she was younger. In any event you told a good short story, keep up the good work.
Take the Good Person Test (fifth search result on Google).
Em chapter 1 . 6/26/2013
You should continue this :) I love your writing , it's so good.
amuto1 chapter 1 . 6/14/2013
this is good are you going to continue or is this it
harusameiro chapter 1 . 4/18/2013
It's really too bad this is only a one-shot. I've never really given more than a few minutes' thought to Lu Ten before, other than bawling my eyes out during the scene in Ba Sing Se where Iroh lights incense for him. This...just shows how hopeless his situation really could have been. Even after reading the whole fic, it still hasn't really sunk into my mind yet that Iroh could really be dead. He's just such a solid character in the show that I can't imagine the series without him. Lu Ten is fleshed out pretty nicely, considering the word count.
I really liked the part where Bumi gives Zuko rock candy in the middle of a prison situation. That's just gold.
But this, by far, was the best part of the story for me: "Lu Ten learns to sleep with his eyes open and a knife underneath his pillow, something he didn't even do in the Earth Kingdom." Chilling stuff, man. Good job.
starryisnomore chapter 1 . 3/17/2013
I hope you realize that your one-shot inspired me to write a one-shot. Of all the stories, I have in my favorites this one is the one I most adore. A powerful 'what if' and one that makes me wonder.
scorchedtrees chapter 1 . 2/2/2013
This was a great AU. I liked it a lot. :)
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
That's an amazing premise. It hurts me inside to think that Iroh died and wasn't around for this, since he's one of my favorite characters and so crucial to Zuko's storyline and conversion. But having Lu Ten around and trying to protect Zuko when he's not much older or more experienced himself makes for a great story. His (reasonable) paranoia in the palace and his anger at what's being done to his cousin were amazing to read. And their meeting up with the White Lotus was pretty great. I would love to see more of this.
Anonymous is a pretty bad name chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
This is a bloody good story!
Humbuggy chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
I love this, you a fantastic writer, your oneshots have such life in them and there's palatble affinity with the charecters you write.
I love this.
BiblioMatsuri chapter 1 . 9/22/2012
AU (subtype canon divergence), dark but not hopeless. Nicely done. *claps*
A Fire Nation Citizen chapter 1 . 8/20/2012
:) Nice! :)
Clio Ying chapter 1 . 8/16/2012
Holy monkeys, that was wicked! I feel mightily upset that you killed Iroh, but Lu Ten seems nearly as cool. And, aww! Young Zuko! I can just imagine them staying with Jeong Jeong until Aang comes with Katara and Sokka! But... How will it be different? Without Zuko chasing Aang, they will not be so mean to him, most probably. And being with the White Lotus will have surely changed Zuko from the angry jerk we all know and love. Even more, Aang would not have to return to the village to save them from Zuko. Then Katara and Sokka would not find out he's the Avatar. There could be a way for it to work but I don't know it. Anyway, this was awesome! You said a lot with very little dialogue and we got to see some Lu Ten action! Congratulations! You rule!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/15/2012
That was cool.
jedwardm chapter 1 . 7/13/2012
That was exceptionally good! I have always enjoyed Lu Ten as a character and I really like how you portrayed him. Do you think you will ever do a sequel or continuation of the story arc?
Guest chapter 1 . 7/1/2012
I could count the number of reviews I've made on one hand (really, not just an expression), but I just had to let you know how very, very much I love this. Young, brave, somewhat solemn Zuko just pulled at my heart, and the thought of Lu Ten trying to take care of his nephew and fearing for him very nearly ripped it out, but in a good (and somewhat contradictory, heart-warming) way. It's a perfect, hopeful ending though-one which implies much awesomeness in the future, and it just feels complete. That said, I wouldn't complain if at all if you decided to continue this. I'd actually love it if you did!
74 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »