Reviews for Half the Man
Lady Elizabeth of New York chapter 1 . 6/10/2011
Oh honey no. You have to write more. There are so few Lu Ten survives stories. I need more. Please write more. For your 21 reviewers.
Imperial Dragon chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
An interesting what-if. Will there be any more shorts involving this AU?
doodlechick12 chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
This is a very good story! I loved it!
Ocean's Nocturne of the COCA chapter 1 . 5/27/2011
Little Zuko is so cute! :) I can just imagine it...I like the way you characterized Lu Ten. The great person his cousin remembers, but still a Fire Nation prince.

Looking forward to more!
Funkitated chapter 1 . 5/21/2011
I like this! Lu Ten may be 'half the man,' but at this point it seems like he may get twice the work done yet. :P Very creative. Thanks for sharing! I never would have thought of this alternative, but it's very compelling.
CalliopeMused chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
Lu Ten definitely doesn't get enough love, but you did a lot to help the guy out. His interactions with Zuko are my favorite part of this.
Lost to the Hoping chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
Oooh, that's actually pretty interesting!
new moongirl chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
why has no one else thought of this? D brilliant!
Night's Flower chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
You should continue this! Little Zuko is so cute. And how he still has a burn but not on his face was creative. I've never paid much attention to Lu Ten, since we never really see him. But you've got me interested now _
Kimberly T chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
An excellent speculation on Lu Ten's character and what-might-have-been! I know you do mostly one-shots but please, PLEASE consider a continuation or at least sequel to this!
escapedreality chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
So yeah, you should definately, definately, continue this because I think it's brilliant. Also you're brilliant so all together it would be a big love fest of brilliance.

In simple terms, I do enjoy this quite a bit.

-Aly
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
I don't think they would really do that. Especially Pakku, who had the stiffest neck, the most political problems, and the longest commute. Not that we know how the White Lotus interacted for all those years or when Iroh joined or what the hell the man was thinking, doing absolutely nothing of use to anyone. How is he Grand Lotus when six years ago he was besieging Ba Sing Se? Are high-ranking Lotus members allowed to do things like that? Did he just move up the ranks very, very fast? What? Did he join after the dragon thing but keep doing as his father said so he could get the top seat and end the war, and then not have the heart to fight Ozai for it after losing Lu Ten? The inner workings of Iroh's mind are one of the great mysteries of ATLA. Also what's up with the White Lotus.

Always figured they mostly corresponded covertly, anyway. But it was nice/political of them to come pull in Iroh's son as his Fire successor. Heh. Zuko will probably still get mixed up with Aang. But Lu Ten is the top pick for the shiny hair ornament now.

Thing I liked best is Lu Ten's insecurity and certainty that Iroh would do better when we know Iroh did /nothing/-except be politically connected enough to provide something of a counterbalance in court, probably-and the fact that with less mastery of neutral jing he actually did something. An extreme something.
Willow-Bee the Cat chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Very interesting. Loved it! I'd love to see a sequel.
Malevolent Dark Reflection chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
This is such a unique idea. I'd love to see it expanded somehow. It would be epic. I like how Zuko is so close to Lu Ten. If you ever get the inspiration, I think its worth continuing.
MoonClaimed chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Very interesting idea, and you pulled it of wonderfully. Though I'm kind of afraid of a world were Ozai treats Zuko even worse than he did in cannon. Now to be annoying: I have to say, I would love to read a continuation of this. It's a great idea that I think could have some really cool outcomes. D
66 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »