Reviews for Miss GrubblyPlank Finds Herself
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 4/27/2013

-Wouldn't it be nice if there was a story about a hero who did the same? Hmm...(makes notes).

And I have to agree on nature, the cattle breeders are always whinging about the bulls who are always going after their buddies instead of the cows.

Lovely introduction to a brilliant first encounter. Obviously, magical strap-ons have more interesting characteristics than the Muggle kind, heh.

Nicely done.
llimbus chapter 1 . 4/2/2013
I say, reading your wonderful stories has really made my Tuesday!
I'm sorry that this review won't contain any constructive criticism either, because frankly, that's not necessary (I hope you're not disappointed of me just giving you praise) - this is just perfect. Your way of writing Wilhelmina (and all characters, I would say) was absolutely awesome.
This one goes to my favorite list as well.
Vera Rozalsky chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
I must be frank: you have hit more than one of my favorite kinks in this story. There's the real and imaginary quotes from 'expert' texts, and then there's the cross-border doings (the book that young Will reads with Aunt Edna is _Mrs. Dalloway_, isn't it? I still remember that lovely, lovely scene on the terrace... oh my). That, and another writer heard-of but as yet unread (Radclyffe Hall, and in particular the tale that inspired this one).

Oh, and did I mention librarians? Irma is delightful, and of course in RL librarians are the true Rock Stars and persons of intrigue... right up there with private investigators. They know where the bodies are buried, or what's filed in the Restricted Section.

"There are books about sex in the Hogwarts library?"

Of course. It's not just Polyjuice and Horcruxes...

.. and nobody writes erudite Naughty Bits better than yourself. Your technical inventiveness in the realm of magical gadgets continues unabated, with the book that shows you how to do it, by showing _you_ doing it. With Her, or (for a different reader) Him.
the real snape chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
/and if you did find a jolly, adventurous heroine, she always seemed to end up twisting her spine or hurting her legs and then spending half the book flat on her back learning to knit and be kind./ True. Much more fun to read what Will did next, especially when our jolly, adventurous heroine is in your capable hands.

i And she had a lovely profile, not to mention those nicely-curved hips./i After a day of studying descriptions of Irma's vulture-like looks, this is manna from heaven.

ian obscure sense that such a move might be a tad precipitous as this stage./i I love that line.

i"Aye," Will agreed. "We could write one of our own. Sexualis Invertis Hogwartis."

"It would take a lot of research," Irma said solemnly./i

You've found us a title!

And I love Will's and Irma's thorough and scientific approach.
Swallow B chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
That was fun. Very good portrait of young Wilhelmina, with the animals. Wasn't she lucky to have such a clever auntie?

"For the life of her, she couldn't see why she needed curly hair to do it." Indeed.

"Animals never said inexplicable things like this." I expect she becomes a bit more sophisticated in the future, but that is lovely characterisation.

I loved the books from Kinsey and Hite, and that they were in the restricted section.
moira of the mountain chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
Ah, the best of both worlds... a most fortunate choice in reading materials. I expect she'll become quite the reader... /g/
aptasi chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
What I love best about this story is the use of the quotes. It gives everything such a detailed and well researched feel.