Reviews for The Letter
nanciellen chapter 1 . 8/28/2014
Very good reading. I think you captured Mr. Darcy's feelings very well. Thank you.
bookish327 chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
You really captured Mr. Darcy here. Very well done! :-)
jollypollypops chapter 1 . 9/15/2011
I love being in Darcy's head :)

I echo everyone else here in saying that I loved the first four lines. That is exactly what Jane Austen would do - it is exactly what Mr. Darcy would have thought while at the same time it mocks his hilarious pride.

Good work!
MajoringinFandoms chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
poor darce-darce ... never catches a break. 0.o

(Really enjoyed the first four sentences. :)
Elivra26 chapter 1 . 7/9/2011
The first four lines actually made me laugh -poor, silly Mr. Darcy, of course she refused him! I mean, I AM sorry for him, but I suppose it's his pride I'm laughing at. Very nicely written, well done!
gracie789 chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Nicely done. I like the repetition in the first four lines particularly, although I think if it were Darcy fuming, he would be fuming "She refused *me*, rather than "him". You did a good job though in capturing what I think would be his disorganized state of mind.

Thanks for this.
YepItsMe chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
This is good, if a little short. I can hear him saying the first four lines in my head, putting emphasis on a different word each time. (Does that make sense?) Like:

SHE refused him.

She REFUSED him.

She refused HIM.

LOL. I thought your language and grammar, etc. were good.
blank00001 chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
Hmm... I didn't think I would like this, just because I've already read Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange countless times before and already have my view on how it all came about, but this was actually quite good! You got Darcy's personality down really well, and I even detect some similarities between your story and Amanda Grange's book (If you haven't already, I suggest that you do).

Especially love the first four lines. Really great job!
DaydreamerGirl193 chapter 1 . 5/8/2011