Reviews for i live my life in growing orbits
C V Ford chapter 1 . 6/30/2013
Nice introspective little story. I Like it.
ShirouHokuto chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
Ahhhhh, this is very lovely and thought-provoking - beautiful work. You really captured the tone of the series!
ethicsforsale chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
Your graceful storytelling style makes this an instant favorite. This is a good continuation of the series. Like Haibane Renmei itself, the narration is simple yet very powerful. Not a word is out of place, and nothing that I can think of can be added that wouldn't detract from the piece. Perfection may be impossible, but your piece comes pretty damn close.

My favorite part is your description of the Washi: "Strange how those heavy carvings translate into this: fingers moving with incongruous grace, bending and fluttering, an echo of a fledgling's uncertain wingbeats. The worn hands of the Washi seem young again, speaking in a voice younger than his true one."

Finally, you show a Rakka that's slightly more matured than in the series, who has embraced her identity - or lack thereof - as a Haibane, and has interwoven herself into the idyllic yet mysterious lull of life at Glie. She also seems to have learned to care without grasping. And it's really quite extraordinary that you've managed to convey all of that in just two thousand words.