Reviews for Grievous Wounds Sustained in Defense of the Crown
SuperAplusbroguY chapter 1 . 7/7
This story is incredible! I've never seen the dynamic between these two so well written before. Your interpretation of Rennac's point of view is sooo true to character, and his interaction with L' Arachel sounds so authentic, it's as if you know the them personally. Amazingly done! 10 out of 10.
Shade40 chapter 1 . 5/2/2013
This is wonderful. I love the way you wrote so that it wasn't first person, and yet Rennac's sarcastic voice clearly comes through, especially in the opening paragraphs. You nailed both of their characters perfectly.
IllyriaVerona chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
I immensely enjoyed this story. Your characterization of the two was spot-on and wonderful.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/31/2012
Fantastic! Loved the cute narrative at the end . He does have a heart :3
Queen Lua chapter 1 . 6/7/2012
This is precious. Laugh-out-loud funny in many parts, and really well-constructed throughout: the dynamic between L'Arachel and Rennac was pitch-perfect.

I can't say much more, other than I'm really glad I stumbled on this piece.
Xirysa chapter 1 . 5/5/2012
I'd forgotten how fond of this piece I was.

Sorry I have nothing more of value to add.

[Xirysa]
tattedmariposa chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
I really enjoyed this. I love how, just as in the game, you've created that balance between L'Arachel and Rennac of entertaining ridiculousness and endearing earnestness. As your other reviewers have said, I too loved your attention to their dialogue, their mannerisms, and their little quirks, as well as your portrayal of their love/hate relationship that always seems to endure. The brief mentions of Dolza were quite a welcome addition too, and rounded out this thoroughly charming exploration of these two characters and their unique relationship. Overall, excellent work. :D
Writer Awakened chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
Great job! Very funny, and very believable XD
Measured chapter 1 . 5/14/2011
This is a really nice prolog to the game, explaining away the little details such as why they were separated and so on. The characterization really shines here, and the banter is top notch.

Good job!
Trevor X chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
Well done. Read this on a recommendation and find it well worth the read.
Imoo chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
This is fun. I'm not sure it could ever happen in canon, but you keep L'Arachel and Rennac in character. I love L'Arachel and her craziness. And I like the reference to Rennac's ending.
R Amythest chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
I liked this, very much, immediately and thoroughly. The dialogue itself was witting and entertaining and kept my interest the whole time. L'Arachel's gradually increasing flashes of earnestness were both very believable (even considering that it is L'Arachel) and touching. Same to the subtle hints throughout that Rennac isn't *entirely* unwilling, and the conclusion that wraps that all up.

At the same time, it has L'Arachel and her gang at their best, climbing cliffs with their teeth (in Rennac's imagination, anyway), being obstinate about reality, and battles of pride. L'Arachel's dynamic with Rennac is pitch perfect.

This thing is incredibly composed, and I liked it a lot.
13-Red-Cards chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
I really, really enjoyed this! I was especially impressed with how you wrote L'Arachel. Often, people make her way too...shrill, I guess. But you didn't! And the result was charming.

The one line that I absolutely adored was the part where Rennac imagined Dozla "chortling inanely" as he climbed the cliff face. Absolutely hysterical!

Great job!