Reviews for Firefly Rarities, Explanations & Other Little Gems
strangevisions chapter 2 . 4/10/2013
I never cried while reading the story. This was it though.
TwiTwiAgain chapter 2 . 3/26/2013
Omg! I don't know that I've ever loved an outtake like this before. Amazing.
TwiTwiAgain chapter 5 . 3/26/2013
Well, crap, if she's going to die anyway, he might as well let her make contact! At least in Summerside she won't get hit by a van sliding on ice ;-)
TwiTwiAgain chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
Poor Emm! At least he didn't get involved in the gang rape. I thought that was a possibility, and why he later became an alcoholic.
avidreaderone chapter 3 . 3/3/2013
That was such a sweet chapter! I love how he was immediately protective of little Bella, and how his soul recognized her and was drawn to her immediately. I believe it's all about timing in our lives- we "recognize" people when we are supposed to; even if we've met them before but didn't really understand their significance to our lives at the time. Timing is crucial. My husband and I went to college together, but we didn't," recognize," each other until we met a few years later at a job we both worked at. We probably went to some of the same frat parties too! But it wasn't our turn yet. But we've been married for 13 years now, so I think we figured it out! ;)
garrigan-nass chapter 5 . 2/5/2013
I wondered how he got the idea to write himself a letter-very clever.

I like Shan. He's so logical and good at explaining things...even I understand. (Well at least a bit better than I did before.)

It's still such a heart-breaking time for these two. I think especially for Bella. She's so young and just fallen in love, having borrowed time with Edward. It's really so much for her to process and accept.

I do like knowing as much as Edward does as far as what the former past held for him. All these connections throughout his life with Bella and all the future connections that may still be possible. Even Dr. Shan coming to Summerside. I guess that will change his experience since Edward will have met him before.
garrigan-nass chapter 4 . 2/4/2013
Nice one. So many little pieces are coming together: Edward's letter, Bella's painting, the seashell necklace. I really hope you're going to tie it all up in the end.

My heart does break for her in this chapter. I certainly understand why she masterminded their meeting as painful as it was. Sounds like Edward has made some changes in his life. Wonder if the blonde is still Tanya? Esme made it sound like he was away a lot AND that he was oddly accurate at predicting things like hurricane patterns. Maybe he didn't forget everything? Oh, I don't know...this time travel thing hurts my head.
garrigan-nass chapter 3 . 2/4/2013
This chapter was achingly sweet. Are you kidding me? These two met when they were children? Their exchanges made me want to weep. I was literally gasping and "awwing" as I read.

Well if ever two people were meant to be together in this one lifetime and perhaps a next it's these two. The staggering amount of meaningful overlaps boggles the mind.

I have to believe they will be together somehow. Through time and tragedy.
garrigan-nass chapter 2 . 2/3/2013
What an amazing chapter! Why do I miss Birdy and she was never even a main character in this story? Her voice is so clear and strong. As I was reading I could actually hear her in my head. You referenced a few different books in this chapter but I couldn't help thinking about another children's book, Because of Winn Dixie. The main character, India Opal, reminds me so much of your Birdy: her way of speaking, her thoughts about adults, her big, big heart.

This was a really emotional chapter, too. I've read past Bella's death and have been dwelling in 2004 for a little while but this chapter brought it all back. Bella may have believed she was truly alone in the world but she touched quite a few lives. And her art lives on.
garrigan-nass chapter 1 . 1/31/2013

Took your advise and read this first. Oh dear. It was such a tragic night that set an even more tragic course for a lot of people, who, if they had done just one thing differently, might have had very different lives. So sad.

But now they all have a chance if Edward can figure this out. I don't envy him. I'd be wondering every moment if I was going to screw it all up. I have faith in him though. And this story.
mugglemom08 chapter 3 . 1/6/2013
So is that why grown-up Bella always drinks lemonade?
mugglemom08 chapter 2 . 1/6/2013
MyHubbyIsATwilightWidow chapter 5 . 11/14/2012
I'm reading this at the same time as Firefly now. I've got to say I'm freaking out a little. If it turns out that all of this was for nothing and Bella still ends up dying on Valentines Day, it'll just suck. I'm a huge sucker for happily ever after, so please, please, please don't kill her off again. Yes, I know the story is already done, but I can hope ;)
Darienlover chapter 1 . 8/23/2012
Wow, new perspective on the whole ordeal.
Mell C chapter 3 . 8/12/2012
These are also great! I especially like this story and Birdy's perspective. What a sweet and precocious girl, much like Bella was as a kid. Bella's accident broke lots of hearts . . .
Thanks for writing these gems.
463 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »