Reviews for Unconditional Ally
Leebi chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
This is a wonderful piece on Leandra and Hawke. I loved the interaction and banter and Leandra's serene observations on her daughter's behavior and relationships. It was a really nice read. Thanks for sharing!
Murphy AT chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
Wow. WOW. That was great, inan understated way. That last exchange startled me with how true it is- "sometimes I think I hate him" "it wouldn't be love, otherwise."
quite true. Liked it.
Cordelia Storyspinner chapter 1 . 5/6/2012
This was lovely. I really wish they had done something like this in the game, it seems like every conversation with Leandra ended in her blaming Hawke for something, or just wasn't very personal. Brilliantly done.
indracon chapter 1 . 6/4/2011
This is really well done. I wish there were more pieces featuring Hawke and Leandra. Hope you write more!
Reading Disorder chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
There's a strange magnetism to your writing, which is refreshingly witty, that I can't quite place. I also love your choice of words, and the whole scene with Fenris learning how to read. It's heart-pulling. Very well-conceptualized.
BuriedBeneath chapter 1 . 5/10/2011
Oh wow, this is just beautiful. :)

This is exactly how I picture my f!Hawke's relationship with Leandra. I'm so glad you managed to build on the relationship from the game into something absolutely believable.
cellostargalactica chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
Oh, this was absolutely wonderful. The descriptive, introspective passages well crafted and perfectly flowing. The banter between mother and daughter at the end completely believable; it sounded just like conversations I've had with my own mother.

This was perfect for mother's day, and made all the more poignant and sad when you realize that Hawke is almost out of time with her own mother at this point in the story. Well done.
Shacary chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
Luv it, somehow in such few words you wee able to convey A clear picture in my minds eye! I especially loved Leandras POV here, since in game she was rather uninteresting interaction wise, to the point of being almost unlikeable. But I LUV your style. write more... soon ? cookies? anyone?
Jedi Amoira chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
Beautiful from beginning to end. Truly well-written and touching. Absolutely a favorite story.
argentumcor chapter 1 . 5/9/2011
This is such a wonderful piece. Great for Mother's Day!

The way you captured Marian's reaction to heartbreak is so spot on, and so is Leandra's way of seeing it and helping her. Moms are so wonderful for those times.

And your reference to official!Hawke was very clever!
Legal Assasin chapter 1 . 5/9/2011