Reviews for Set Me Free
Breaking Dawn21 chapter 9 . 4/21/2014
Good good enjoyed the read .
olacindy chapter 1 . 3/9/2014
Just discovered this story-wonderful so far
Breaking Dawn21 chapter 7 . 9/21/2013
Welcome back . Great way to come up . Good luck .
Breaking Dawn21 chapter 8 . 9/11/2013
Hope they become a family
Guest chapter 8 . 8/15/2013
i began reading this story when you first came out with it. I fell in love. When the updates got really far apart, i somewhat lost interest. However, a little while back you began updating relatively frequently and i became super excited again, when and re read the whole thing and can remember why i fell in love in the first place. Now you have yet to update and i'm starting to see the old pattern again. I get it if you don't want to update but don't get me excited like that :/
(none of that was meant as a jab, more as a plea for more ;))
PuckQuinn chapter 8 . 8/6/2013
Update please? I love it and i really want to know what happens!

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE! UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE! UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE! UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE! UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE! UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE! UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE! UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE!

Please?!
lilgulie5 chapter 8 . 7/19/2013
I'm so glad you're approaching Puck and Quinn getting Beth back in a realistic way. The fact that they're doing things through the legal process is important to be believability of the story and I can't wait to see them grow as a family!
Quick1329 chapter 8 . 7/18/2013
I'm not their lawyers biggest fan he seemed a little rude, but he is getting beth back and that is the number 1 priority ;)

Once again i can't even begin to convey how much i love the way you have written Puck. He is perfect, absolutely perfect.

I can barely keep my eyes open so i apologize for a terrible review :/ Its not really fair for me to ask, but i'm greedy so can you please update as soon as possible :)

Quick1329 chapter 7 . 7/18/2013
(I'm getting tired these next 2 will be short)

I love Puck so much. He is my favourite in the captor, knowing exactly what "his girls" need :)

I'm sorry its so short, falling asleep at the computer :/ and i still gotta chapter to reread and review

Quick1329 chapter 6 . 7/18/2013
I'm not even sure what to say :/ It was so good and i'm not sure where to start or even how to get my thoughts across in a comprehensible way. (its going to be a jumbled mess...)

Beth- not too much of her in this chapter but i still think its perfect how much she wants Puck and how she only feels safe with him (much like Quinn now too) it shows how much she trusts him. I also think its totally amazing how babies identify scents so i thought it was really cool of you to incorporate that :)

Quinn- hmmm... what to say what to say? This must be when all of her walls and i mean ALL of them come crashing down to a point where they are not only gone but crushing her. SHe was a total wreak and i really cannot wait for the chapter where she reveals her past to Puck. I think when that happens their relationship will strengthen so much and they will both develop a need for each other that will (hopefully) last a lifetime. I am not the biggest fan of her 100% dependence on Puck but i totally get it and i think its the cutest thing while begin a somewhat scary thing. Its just that i see her as the strong person and her crushed side is hard to deal with. At the same time as not loving her dependence on Puck i 100% adore it. It is so cute and the way Puck handles everything just make me love him even more and i previously didn't know that was possible :P

Puck- just perfect.

Rebecca- I always thought Pucks little sister would be devious in the sense the she wanted to be like Puc and to please him. I always saw her as his little sister that (as stated in your fic) he practically raised while his mom was at work, this creating a special bond between the two where they would do anything for one another behind all of the teasing and annoyingness (is that a word? well whatever).

well done! :) angst is my favourite thing in the world and i think this is as angsty as fics get ;)

-QUick1329
Quick1329 chapter 5 . 7/18/2013
The beginning was perfect. I like how Quinn's flight instinct made her shoot out of the bed, and then Puck wanting her to come back was so sweet (and he called her baby, aweeee). It shows how she is afraid of emotional attachment, her dad left, her mom is mentally gone, who knows whats up with her sister, and beth until now had been given away. I think having her jump out of bed was the perfect way to convey her fear of emotional attachment (if that isn't what you tried to do, it still worked very nicely :D).

I love the way Quick is slowly happening in the story. The way Quinn is slowly beginning to trust Puck and listen to what he hhas to say while letting herself mentally explore the possibility of loving him. I also think its adorable when you write those moments where he is like "he knew he overstayed his welcome by the blush slowly creeping onto her cheeks" it just helps me to visualize exactly what is happening and it makes the situation totally Quick. In this chapter i liked the eyes comment, so subtle and so true.

I'm probably just stupid, but i didn't quite understand this little part ...

" "She really is your daughter."

"What's that supposed to mean? Waffles are the best thing sinceā€¦"

"Watch it," she warned. "Oh and, that came before most everything," she reminded him. "

if its not too much of a pain would you mind explaining it to me please. sorry.

I have never been a Judy Fabray fan and this fic is not an exception. I always saw her as a drunk and i diliek her just as much as i dislike russle who i always saw as someone who used physical violence as punishment to quinn when she wasn't perfect.

this is getting long so...

Quick1329 chapter 4 . 7/18/2013
Once again Daddy Puck makes me smile and frown all at once. The way he is with her is still adorable but the reasons for it are terrible :(

I also loved the ending it was so good :)

(sorry this one was short I felt like my comments may end up repeating themselves ;) but don't get me wrong, i still LOVED it :D)

Quick1329 chapter 3 . 7/18/2013
I think my favourite part was when Beth was crying her eyes out and Puck came in to save the day and within 10 minutes had her calmed down. The way he lets any and very wall/ guard down when he is around her is absolutely adorable. The Puck/ Beth interaction is my favourite part of this chapter.

Now i can safely say I HATE Shelby! I don't understand why she would need to harm Beth in the ankles so i feel as if those bruises would only have appeared because she wanted to harm Beth. Bruises on the ankles are a tiny slap on the back of the hand (and never for a baby!). Her whole interaction with Rachel is way too forced and fake and i'm so glad Rachel had the courage to look past Shelby being her biological mother and called the cops on her.

(jumping back to the beginning here) I loved how determined Puck was to babysit Beth with Quinn. Once again the Puck/ Beth interaction is simply to die for! Later on when Quinn fell asleep in his lap made my heart melt, and then when he took her back to his place awwweee.

Just one more thing I wanted to comment on and that is your writing style. There are often fics where the author will over explain what is going on, or give 20 points on the setting to add more detail to their writing and to beef it up. I personally find those kinds of stories boring because honestly, who care what colour the paint in the bathroom is unless there ends up being interaction with the wall. However i also understand that sometimes those details are important, for example if the wall is blue but there is a dent in it from a plate for example, that could be cause for concern. I just wanted to congratulate you on never boring us with details but at the same time always letting us know just enough to have a good metal image. The thing about your writing is we, as readers get to imagine a bit of what is happening for ourselves allowing us to connect even better with what you have so excellently written. (sorry that was so long)

I'm going to end it there instead of bore you to death ;)

Quick1329 chapter 2 . 7/18/2013
I really hate Shelby. Well hate is a strong word... passionately dislike, I passionately dislike Shelby. The way you write her and the way you write Puck and Quinn's reactions to her, give the reader no option of liking her, all the viewpoint are rotten. ( I hope all of that makes sense). I'm not saying i want to like her, I even passionately disliked her in the show, but it seems like no matter what she does or say she does it wrong. I mean you even made me hate her when she was feeding Beth... lets think about that... you managed to make someone hate a fictional charter for feeding her adopted fictional child food. Haha, i just thought it was funny how you were able to do that just by explaining Puck and Quinn's physical reactions to what was going on :)

I also really like how Puck seems to always be Beth's rock. He know what she wants and she is always happy when what she wants comes from him :) WHen shelby tried to console Beth and you said something about 'Beth's pleading eyes' it really got the message across of how desperate she was to be out of Shelby's arms and into Pucks.

I'm not 100% onboard with the blackmailing, as much as i want Quinn and Puck to see Beth I don't know how right Puck is to be blackmailing Shelby with 'unadoption'. But, i must admit, it always brings a smile to my face seeing her reaction to each of his blackmail threats!

Quick1329 chapter 1 . 7/18/2013
Last night i decided to read this fic, and i must say i wasn't at all disappointed. I read the whole thing in one night resulting in falling asleep at 3am and waking up at 2pm today, what a waste of a perfectly open morning (sleep!) I figured that i would go back and re read each chapter and post a review as if i don't know what is coming next ;) Just to prepare you, when i review, I like to give feedback that not only feeds the authors ego :P but also feedback that i hope helps the author, so do not be discouraged if i "critique" what you've written. I'll tell you right now i wouldn't be spending my time commenting on each chapter if i didn't like the story, so already form the get go you know its one of my favourites (even added it as such ;)

And into the review...

I love how Puck played the role of night in shining armour in a completely different way than the typical "come to save the princess". I feel like he just came and knew exactly what Quinn needed and he always said what should be said, so great job.

I also like how you aren't making a relationship easy for them. To me it seems like they both truly love each other (especially Puck) but i like how you have not forced that. You are making actions natural and its really working to convey moods and feeling of each character.

Another thing i loved was how Puck admits to spending time with his daughter over ultimately being popular and hanging out with that crowd on friday nights, makes all of the actions seem even more genuine :)

59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »