Reviews for How to Make a Teen Titans OC
Guest chapter 1 . 8/24/2015
Thanks for this, its a lot of help. I also hear a lot of Mary sue hate going around the internet, though I have yet to find a teen titans one...not that I don't think they're out there. I'm also assuming when you said to give a legit reason for bird names that the character having wings counts, (I know its overdone, but we have hawkgirl, hawkman, etc.)
I have rambled, I only meant to say thanks but I'll tell you all this anyways!( psst. 13 yr olds don't always make Mary sues. I'm 14 and have yet to create one)
ChaosThePuppy chapter 1 . 8/10/2015
*Bites down on tongue for as long as can.* ACTUALLY DICK GRAYSON'S REAL NAME IS RICHARD AND DICK IS JUST A NICKNAME. YOU ALSO FORGOT BLACK CANARY. Okay, I'm done.
Kitsumi - Supernova chapter 1 . 7/28/2015
Thank you for the good advice on how to make an OC. This inspires me to make changes to the one I am planning. Can I ask you a question though? What is the EASIEST way to avoid your character being a Mary Sue or Gary Stu if they have a shy personality. My character is SUPPOSED to have a shy personality, but I DONT want to make my OC into a Mary Sue. If you could help me, that would be great. :)
preach chapter 1 . 6/30/2015
the title is as is
Guest chapter 1 . 6/11/2015
Thanks for the help!:)
morph boy chapter 1 . 5/29/2015
has blue hair has a blue shirt with blue shorts his skin is blue and blue shoes can morph into anything comes from morph world has power ups has the brain and strengh of over 100 people his weaknas is black crystal and can change gender was born 1899 can live forever and has the ability to use other peoples powers can run around the world in 12 seconds can stay up 24/7 girlfreind morph gal was sent to help the titans
Become1 chapter 1 . 2/6/2015
OMG, YES! I love you so for saying that stuff cuz some people *cough*girls*cough* write so much crap (like for example the lost sibling 'n' all)! So baseically I have to agree with you there but...
...(though I never 'made' an OC) what's wrong with one own's birthday? I mean it's just random numbers...

And now, personally, I think that my greatest problems would be:
A: deciding what power (though I wouldn't do a superman 2.0 - now without weakness) and
B: I have, like, more than one personality (jeez, now I sound like a total creep). So, whatever personality I give that OC it would somehow be like me...
BlackCurtain chapter 1 . 12/19/2014
Awesome guide! I was reading through this and was like, 'Yay, I didin't make a Mary Sue character!' Then I saw the part about them not having parents and I was like, 'Oh damn'.
My OC, Maple doesn't live with her birth parents. Her father left before she was born and mother died at birth... Oops.
RavingReviewer chapter 1 . 7/3/2014
High five to you! Best guide for creating TT OCs ever! Too many OCs are thrown into official characters "pasts" and DC history is altered to fit the story. Agree with you said; keeping it simple is the way to go. Keep up the great work! :-)
Anonymous chapter 1 . 1/12/2014
Thanks for all the advice. Only thing that kinda got me off balance was about backstory. My oc titan does have a bad past life, but not really like batman or superman. He was abandoned by his parents at age 10. He has been in a street alley struggling to survive. Btw, he's also a criminal who eventually turns good.
Alex The Hedghog chapter 1 . 1/8/2014
There where somethings i didnt understand (not because of you) but it sounds about right
Peyton LeVay chapter 1 . 12/27/2013
Cool. And so true.
vikki chapter 1 . 11/6/2013
what if your OC finds out someones identity not at first but in time? or is that a no no?
SladeRavenFan chapter 1 . 8/24/2013
This is a great guide, kind of like the Mary Sue Litmus Test by Elihu.

I just have a few questions, why are people posting profiles in your reviews?

And you're really brave for posting this, god knows how much hate me and others have gotten for leaving criticism in reviews for people's OCs. You must know the type. Twelve year olds or younger with disregard to the English language and awful plot ideas. Even in the reviews for this story the OCs do exactly what you tell them not to. And when Silver blue moon fox releases a story I'll blast it. I searched it up and they have an account, and writing f u is rude and immature for them. Heck, no capitals in their username.

I really like that you're trying to clean up the fandom which at the moment is full of badly written OC contests or stories. Could you PM me? I need help reporting this awful story which hasn't disappeared yet. Thanks :)
stampylongirl53 chapter 1 . 8/18/2013
Here is mine
Name : Zandelle Wilson
Age: ( my oc grows up through the stories )
Birth: September 16,2010 ( the day I made her )
Family:
Slade Wilson - father
Richard Grayson - cozen
Bruce Wayne - uncle
Emily Wayne - cozen ( other oc )
Andille Wilson - mother
Grant Wilson - brother
Joseph Wilson - brother
Roseanne Wilson - sister
Zion Wilson - sister ( my sister's oc )
Fusia Wilson - sister ( my sister's oc)
Back story :
Zandlle Wilson was a government testing site ( area 63 made it up)
Esapced at age 4 found by Slade three days later in the swer system