Reviews for The Hard Part
doewe chapter 9 . 1/25/2012
This is my favourite chapter so far - very intense and I especially like Severus' thoughts about his guestroom and the alternatives for Harry when he needs somewhere to flee.
duj chapter 9 . 1/25/2012
Good thought about the thestrals.
tall oaks chapter 7 . 1/22/2012
I stumbled across your very lovely story because of a review I received (my curiosity forces me to see what other stories people who have read my work read.)

I am so glad that I did look at that person's list, because I discovered and felt a strong love for your story.

What is so good about your story is that you show a surviving Snape, trying to come to terms with what has been happening to him over the last years. Winky being with him, and how she fell into being in his service was brilliantly thought through.

The inner mind and thoughts of the new headmaster really sound true to life. I look forward to reading your additional chapters!
Freia72 chapter 8 . 1/18/2012
I discovered this story this afternoon and read the 8 chapters in a row. I like the story so far and the way you handle the characters : Snape is still very much himself, only more human (i.e. free). I like also Harry very much : it's nice to see him insecure and hesitate in his choice of a carreer (and the hypothesis of the lack of teaching of "survival" spells to the Muggleborns is very convincing, I had never thought about that !). It was a little strange to see Snape returning willingly and with anticipation to Spinner's end, but you make it seem very convincing. Thank you very much and please, keep your story going ! (also, I appologize for any spelling/grammar mistakes in this review)
duj chapter 8 . 1/17/2012
I love the idea of the collaboration with Cherry. recovery pain, ouch! When you are counting down the hours and minutes until you can take the next dose, it feels like weeks of suffering.
GAKDragonMCP chapter 8 . 1/17/2012
This is one of those stories I'm always happy to get alerts for in my inbox. Keep them coming!
GAKDragonMCP chapter 8 . 1/17/2012
duj chapter 7 . 12/12/2011
It's entrenched in the fandom that Harry is more like his mum than his dad, and that means compassion, forgiveness, kindness, but I don't see canon-Lily displaying any of those. She's as rigid, biased and vengeful as Petunia yo my mind. But it's good to see Snape and Harry talking without snarling.
Athalanta chapter 6 . 12/11/2011
"I can't be an Auror."

Oh, yes, yes, yes!
duj chapter 6 . 12/8/2011
Harry has a short memory. What was most useful to him - his signature spell - was demonstrated by Snape in the Duelling Club. And the other useful spells weren't learned because of the DA, but because Hermione looked up spells for him in fourth year for the third Triwizard task (and drilled him and Ron till they could do them).
AltheaSnow chapter 5 . 11/22/2011
I'm glad I found this story. It's very nicely written.
sweetpea1 chapter 5 . 10/31/2011
So excited that you haven't given up on this one! I love it. Thanks!
cinnamin chapter 5 . 10/30/2011
Thats rather nice of severus to invite him to stay. i hope you'll update more often
duj chapter 5 . 10/30/2011
Floor or lumpy sofa? Hmm. Floor or lumpy sofa? Neither seems appealing. Lucky he's old enough to use magic and can conjure something softer to sleep on. If he knows how. Hermione would, of course, but he didn't bring her...
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 10/30/2011
At least Harry had enough sense not to blow the Wizarding World's cover...for now, anyway.

Yup, it's the couch for Harry...

And I wonder if Eileen is still alive? (Irma Pince...Im a Prince...).

Good chapter.