Reviews for The Hard Part
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 10/30/2011
Oh, those final minutes before the meds are allowed...and of course he's too proud to talk to Poppy to find out if he's allowed any more. Sigh.

Excellent chapter, and I hope that Snape lets Winky pamper him quite a bit in the next year; I can't think of anyone who deserves it more.

Also, the age of majority in the UK is 16, so Harry is of age already in the Muggle world.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 10/30/2011
I _adore_ Winky. I love how she wants to take care of Snape here, how Medy died and how Snape wanted to make sure Winky didn't follow, and how she's so happy about a new cubby.

Does she have a sister? (grin)
LemonDropsWoolSocks chapter 5 . 10/30/2011
Lol. Severus and Harry sleepover. ROFL. Thanks for the chapter. Update soon. :)
excessivelyperky chapter 2 . 10/30/2011
Oh, splendid! I'm glad that the Muggles in the pub were so happy for him. I bet he forgot, or never knew, what that was like.

And burning his currency bridges behind him, that's not like him at all. It's great thing when he can trust the future enough to do it.

Why can't he look at the records of the Muggleborn Commission and see who's on it, and pick his Muggle Studies teacher from it?

Still, Jess _does_ need a job...
excessivelyperky chapter 1 . 10/30/2011
This is a very good start. It's quite logical that he would have damage to the vocal chords from the snakebite. Does this affect his ability to eat solid food, or is it potions and lasagna from now on?
Sweetpea chapter 1 . 9/6/2011
Very into this. Hope to hear more about house elf motivations.
maidofkent chapter 4 . 9/1/2011
Thoughtful and well-written. I've always liked the idea of Winky as Severus' house-elf.
cinnamin chapter 4 . 8/31/2011
I really like your writing. I hope you continue as he appears to have a lot of pain management to get through and relationships to fix.
cloudshape to ennien chapter 4 . 8/31/2011
I love Snape's developing relationship with Winky. And the fact, that even magic can not solve all problems. We have already known that, as Mad-Eye Moody had a magical eye and an artifical leg (which seemed to be far less sophisticated than the muggle version). But many authors tend to forget, that there are limits to what magic can do.

Anyway, I am glad to see, that Snape seems to manage so far, that he opens up somewhat, but still retains what makes him "himself". Hope to see the next chapter soon.
crazfool chapter 4 . 8/31/2011
Hi, just read chapter 4 and I have to say:

"This does feel good. Sweet Merlin, is this why the teenage witches are always doing each other's hair in the Common Room? I thought they were just preening for the Quidditch players..."

BEST. LINE. EVER.

I don't know if its because I'm really sleep deprived or it was the chocolate cake I had earlier but I was laughing so hard that I had tears rolling!
duj chapter 4 . 8/30/2011
That was an unpleasant awakening. Lucky that he has Winky; those last minutes before the time fr the next dose can be excruciating.
malfoyforever chapter 3 . 6/10/2011
Wow, I love Snape's life in Spinner's End, and it's good to know that he has friends in the pub.

Keep it going!
SachaSacha chapter 3 . 5/10/2011
Oh, I like this story ! Showing Severus's life at Spinner's End is brilliant and very heartwarming :)

I just hope the next Muggle Studies teacher won't be Hermione. I've read too much fanfics where it happenned and appreciate better some good OCs (by the way, yours seem quite interesting at the pub).

Keep up the good work.
duj chapter 3 . 5/10/2011
Seriously heart-warming stuff. This is who he really is, behind the sneer and the billow and the smooth black armour. A man whose love and compassion has been dammed up by circumstance, surging and battering to flow free.
LemonDropsWoolSocks chapter 3 . 5/10/2011
This is a bloody good story. I find this story very interesting and unique. Update soon. :)
107 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 Next »