Reviews for The Hard Part
Freia72 chapter 8 . 1/18/2012
I discovered this story this afternoon and read the 8 chapters in a row. I like the story so far and the way you handle the characters : Snape is still very much himself, only more human (i.e. free). I like also Harry very much : it's nice to see him insecure and hesitate in his choice of a carreer (and the hypothesis of the lack of teaching of "survival" spells to the Muggleborns is very convincing, I had never thought about that !). It was a little strange to see Snape returning willingly and with anticipation to Spinner's end, but you make it seem very convincing. Thank you very much and please, keep your story going ! (also, I appologize for any spelling/grammar mistakes in this review)
duj chapter 8 . 1/17/2012
I love the idea of the collaboration with Cherry. recovery pain, ouch! When you are counting down the hours and minutes until you can take the next dose, it feels like weeks of suffering.
GAKDragonMCP chapter 8 . 1/17/2012
This is one of those stories I'm always happy to get alerts for in my inbox. Keep them coming!
GAKDragonMCP chapter 8 . 1/17/2012
duj chapter 7 . 12/12/2011
It's entrenched in the fandom that Harry is more like his mum than his dad, and that means compassion, forgiveness, kindness, but I don't see canon-Lily displaying any of those. She's as rigid, biased and vengeful as Petunia yo my mind. But it's good to see Snape and Harry talking without snarling.
Athalanta chapter 6 . 12/11/2011
"I can't be an Auror."

Oh, yes, yes, yes!
duj chapter 6 . 12/8/2011
Harry has a short memory. What was most useful to him - his signature spell - was demonstrated by Snape in the Duelling Club. And the other useful spells weren't learned because of the DA, but because Hermione looked up spells for him in fourth year for the third Triwizard task (and drilled him and Ron till they could do them).
Madgoat chapter 5 . 11/22/2011
I'm glad I found this story. It's very nicely written.
sweetpea1 chapter 5 . 10/31/2011
So excited that you haven't given up on this one! I love it. Thanks!
cinnamin chapter 5 . 10/30/2011
Thats rather nice of severus to invite him to stay. i hope you'll update more often
duj chapter 5 . 10/30/2011
Floor or lumpy sofa? Hmm. Floor or lumpy sofa? Neither seems appealing. Lucky he's old enough to use magic and can conjure something softer to sleep on. If he knows how. Hermione would, of course, but he didn't bring her...
excessivelyperky chapter 5 . 10/30/2011
At least Harry had enough sense not to blow the Wizarding World's cover...for now, anyway.

Yup, it's the couch for Harry...

And I wonder if Eileen is still alive? (Irma Pince...Im a Prince...).

Good chapter.
excessivelyperky chapter 4 . 10/30/2011
Oh, those final minutes before the meds are allowed...and of course he's too proud to talk to Poppy to find out if he's allowed any more. Sigh.

Excellent chapter, and I hope that Snape lets Winky pamper him quite a bit in the next year; I can't think of anyone who deserves it more.

Also, the age of majority in the UK is 16, so Harry is of age already in the Muggle world.
excessivelyperky chapter 3 . 10/30/2011
I _adore_ Winky. I love how she wants to take care of Snape here, how Medy died and how Snape wanted to make sure Winky didn't follow, and how she's so happy about a new cubby.

Does she have a sister? (grin)
LemonDropsWoolSocks chapter 5 . 10/30/2011
Lol. Severus and Harry sleepover. ROFL. Thanks for the chapter. Update soon. :)
119 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 Next »