Reviews for Harry Potter and the Love of a Family
BloodAxe8187 chapter 7 . 7/17/2014
Harrys animal is a black panthern
Janna18 chapter 18 . 5/15/2014
It is an amazing story! The detailed descriptions and a fully plausible storyline with the plot flowing through evenly makes for a captivating read. Please do continue with the story - its too good to be left incomplete. This is a plot I've always wanted to follow through but never got a chance to write. Harry growing up with the support of his parents, the antics of Sirius and Remus, the love between Lily and James oft referred to, but never seen first hand, Hermione with a role model in Lily to look up to - that talk the two had after the troll incident was enlightening, the trials and tribulations that very first gen witch had to face, the bias and the bigotry, striving to achieve in a world firmly under the hold of prejudice. I could keep going on! I solemnly promise to review every chapter if you would please go on with it!
Janna18 chapter 1 . 5/14/2014
30 second fight! _ EPIC.
Desiraes0220 chapter 18 . 4/16/2014
While this story had so much potential it sadly has now been updated in years. So it is with a sad heart that I delete it from my alert list and offer it up to the gods of unfinished stories in the hopes that one day you will finish and ill find it again... Until that day take care.
anyeshabaner chapter 18 . 4/5/2014
oh pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee update soooooooooooooooooooooooooon...its a really amazing story
Hoppy159 chapter 15 . 1/27/2014
I like the lesson given to Ron, it's perfect. He really isn't a bad guy, just a little thick. A good lesson to put him on the right path is exactly what he needed. It's a much better solution than simply bashing him. And the point on consequences for their actions and it being a glaring hole in the education of wizards in general is really something that has been missing from the canon story and many fan fic stories.
Immortal Sailor Cosmos chapter 18 . 1/27/2014
I rather liked this chapter, and you have already explained the "Rose mostly gets ignored" thing. The only thing I can think of is more explanation to Hermione and more scenes involving the Pureblood etiquette you use in this world. There are so many way to do it I'm always really curious about each Author's view.
CuriousGuest chapter 9 . 11/21/2013
I like the way to make Lily deal with Snape. I hate the git and the only thing I liked that was written about him in canon was hid painful death.
nushadir chapter 18 . 10/11/2013
Well, to be honest, I found the mention of your work in a quite disgraceful review in bio-section of other author. But, during reading this fanfic, I can say that he was wrong. Even if there are some typos of a kind (what's mean debagg, by the way?) or missing commas - it's pretty good. Yes, there is, as it was pointed by kyoshi, direct writing style, and Harry's character is a bit overmature - do you really know at least one 11 years old boy, who can firmly say "I want to be a policeman" and go through cop's training course? Unusually high hormonal level doesn't lead to maturity, - but it was written pretty good.
To kyoshi - about lack of interaction with other houses.
Sorry, but I stand with the author on this topic - too many characters usually leads to the overgrowth of plot line, and later - to the confusion of writing. Few authors can escape this and write a good story, but they are exception that proves the rule.
Hope to read a completion of a story.
Reader chapter 18 . 7/16/2013
Overall I do like the story but I don't think I'll continue reading it as you are still following canon too much.
purple sky always chapter 18 . 6/26/2013
It is wonderful that Harry has a sister and another sibling on the way.
Deathday Party Planner chapter 18 . 6/8/2013
Well it's been a couple of years since you last updated this tale and I'm sure you have a life taking pride of place from your fanfic projects - too bad for us. I'd say your first effort here to be impressive! Thank you for sharing your skills with us.

A couple suggestions: I don't have much use for your Ron character. He brings nothing to the story really -no action nor humor. In JKR's books Ron's role was a constant formenter of friction, angst and a bit of action, in your story, he is a spare wheel. You could always kill him.

I saw where a couple of individual reviewers felt Harry was over powered for the canon adventures, I disagree and like to see my heroes showing some reason for their confidence against adult villians.

Again, hope you come back to fanfic soon.
Chad Hanna chapter 18 . 6/4/2013
Enjoyed your take on the story, particularly your thoughts on runes and various ways of animagus. I think Harry may be a little too 'super' to keep the plot going. Definitely encourage you to continue if you've time to do so.
anyeshabaner chapter 1 . 5/14/2013
awesome story
Guest chapter 18 . 4/15/2013
So it has been quite a while, since you last updated this story. I hope, that you have not abandoned 'Love of a Family', because it has been a good read so far.