Reviews for A Father's Kryptonite
ESB chapter 5 . 5/16/2019
This is a stellar fic!
I always loved this episode but felt like it was missing something; you filled in the gaps for it spectacularly!
It’s so nice to find clean writing, too; not enough of it today. And your work is an absolute delight; your skill is so beautifully honed and you captured the deep, warm love of a father so wonderfully.
Thank you for writing and sharing this!
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 5 . 8/4/2016
Oh, a lovely story, beautifully written! I liked how you interwove canon with your own scenes, and told the whole thing from Jonathan's perspective. You captured his voice perfectly, including subtle moments from the show, when he was in the background. Thanks for such a great story!
Xiaou Nem chapter 5 . 6/24/2015
Very nice story. I like the father's love aspect.
sannipan chapter 5 . 9/29/2012
Yet another lovely piece. It was really great to experience this chapter of Clark's life through Jonathan's eyes. He never says much, so it's nice to know what's on his mind.
I was really touched by the "There should be a word for parents who lost their children"-part, "Bereaved" does seem like to small a word.
Also very nice to get to see some flashbacks, it's great to treasure those moments especially when you're so afraid for your kid.

All in all a very powerful piece. Thank you!

Ps, I really feel like the microwave part was a bad piece in the episode. First of all, why would they even want a cup of coffee. They are probably wide awake knowing their son and fiancé is all right. Second, the son and fiancé in question would never be able to rescue them after this Kryptonite encounter. "Clark's not normal, normal for him is being super" applies here I believe... But you had to work with it, and you nailed it!:)
Tacpebs chapter 5 . 12/11/2011
Really enjoyed this story. I guess it helped too that I absolutely love the episode you created your story with. It just flowed together.
Mouserocks-nerd chapter 5 . 5/14/2011
Aww! I really loved this story, and enjoyed the fresh perspective of Johnathan Kent. Sweet ending, though it seemed to come a little quickly.. but now complaints. :)

- SJT (Mouserocks-nerd ;P )
Deadly Chakram chapter 5 . 5/14/2011
Nice ending. I really enjoyed reading this and hope to see more from you soon.
Deadly Chakram chapter 4 . 5/14/2011
I really love the orginial flashback that you've created for this chapter. I love the one on one, father/son time you've been weaving into the story. Well done. I look forward to the next chapter (and at the same time, a little sadly because I kinda wish it could be longer). Keep up the excellent writing.
Mouserocks-nerd chapter 3 . 5/12/2011
I really love this story so far! Please update! It's sad and almost angsty, but really good characterization!

-SJT (Mouserocks-nerd ;P )
Deadly Chakram chapter 3 . 5/12/2011
Very nice! Perfect companion scene from Clark's past to the events going on in the present. I do think that it also would have paired well when the Kryptonite actually arrives at Clark's apartment and starts to kill him, but then again, there are also other good "tidbits" from Clark's past to pair that with - like his encounter with Diana Stride and the Kryptonite she tricks him into ingesting. Anyway, I'm rambling (a lot like Lois I suppose). Good job and I eagerly await the next installment!
Deadly Chakram chapter 2 . 5/12/2011
Really loving this story. I love the touchingly little details you weave into both aspects of the story - the past and the present. Looking forward to more.
Deadly Chakram chapter 1 . 5/10/2011