Reviews for Castlevania: Dreams of the Heart
The makers of the game say the translation Eu sunt Dracul means 'I am the Dragon' and in the description on the box (or somewhere) that the people started calling him dracula.
ThE 4SsAsSiN 21 chapter 1 . 1/31
You did a good job on portraying Dracula, everybody knows that he is never the hero and by killing just random bystanders shows the reader that Dracula has a purpose and he will do anything to achieve that purpose. I believe that Dracula, as a elite warrior with skills and experience to prove it (not to mention his newly improved vampire senses), would never ignore his instincts; he would definitely know if someone was watching him, no one can sneak up on Dracula. Good work;)
GaarasMyBoyzz chapter 15 . 12/31/2013
It's not gonna be another year before you update is it? It's already 2014 lol. But seriously before you know it, another year will have passed by, LoS 2 will have been released and there goes your plot. Update...ir no chocolate chip cookies for you.
Kars chapter 14 . 6/14/2013
I'm SOOOO excited for LOS2. I don't think you can understand how happy I was when the new trailer came out.

My only complaint for this chapter was this: "Let me ask you something; while you ruthlessly track and murder my kind in droves, have you ever stopped to think that we have lives of our own? Families?"

That seems really out of character for Gabriel/Dracula. I honestly believe that he doesn't care a thing about vampires as a whole and only sees them as tools to be used in his revenge. I completely understand him being upset over Alucard, but I think that what little humanity he has in him is strictly reserved just for Alucard. That's it. I mean, in MOF, Dracula had no qualms killing his own grandson. So, I don't buy that he cares about anything other than his revenge. I don't think he can empathize with other vampires; I think he doesn't care about them at all.

But that may just be me.

(Don't kill Alucard! I lurves him! /3)
MEleeSmasher chapter 14 . 6/7/2013
Well, that is interesting.
MEleeSmasher chapter 13 . 6/7/2013
I wonder, just how much will it contradict LoS2 when it does come out?
SuperiorDimwit chapter 13 . 5/24/2013
Did you know I was thinking of that very same thing, Malphas' love story, just days ago? :o I can buy the idea that Zobeck was her love - it makes sense, even. And how you wove the bird foeti into it and- ah, it's gorgeous! But more than that, I'm impressed by how beautifully you weave that little detour and expansion of the lore into Aria's life. Fits like a glove, and enhances the strength of the story.

No, it's not too late to add Trevor in: you're right, it wouldn't do to leave out such an important person in his life. I'm still in love with your fic, and I hope you will keep expanding on the original game concept and make this as rich as it is.
SuperiorDimwit chapter 12 . 5/24/2013
Oh my, I've been gone this long? Well, busy times...

That's a nice dungeon again: I do like that you keep it in the vein of a game just a little bit. :) And really, "he might make a good father"? Arianna, Arianna; when such thoughts begin to crop up in mind... xP I just love how you turned the tables here, with him saving her out of instinct and SHE becoming the one who teases HIM! No essays on gender-equality, but it's such a treat to see a woman get back at him the way she does. :3

I wanna play LoS2... *w* It's gonna be awesome... I think the self-refilling energy bar sounds off-putting, but I'll probably love the game still... *drifts off in longing*
viviana.neni chapter 12 . 4/3/2013
when you post the next chapter, I love the story... 3
viviana.neni chapter 11 . 4/1/2013
I love the story
Kars chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
I'm not very good at reviewing, but I really enjoyed this first chapter.

I just think that the introduction of the stranger at the end was really random and out-of-place and that Dracula completely ignoring it was odd. But other than that, no complaints. :)

I enjoyed your writing style. It flowed well and your descriptions weren't over the top.

Eh, I don't know how to give advice when it comes to writing, so bare with me when I review.
SuperiorDimwit chapter 2 . 10/11/2012
*nagging, nagging*

Some people have lives, I have writing... I try to keep a certain interval between nagging and time of latest update, well aware that most don't spend every waking moment (and sometimes sleeping) deciding how to best bring out the feeling of a story. Forgive me if I'm being very impertinent and impatient, but I think enough time has passed to justify some puppy-eyes and a plea for updates. You are aware that I was on the edge of my chair after your last chapter, right...?
LateNiteSlacker chapter 1 . 9/5/2012
I've only read the first chapter so far, but I wanted to let you know that your writing style is very nice! I love your attention to detail, especially the descriptions of Gabriel's surroundings. The characters are believable, and your plot seems good so far. This story is off to a nice start, and I'm interested in seeing where you go with it from here.
SuperiorDimwit chapter 9 . 8/25/2012
Hmm, let me read this a few times more, to let my thoughts settle in the slower tempo and put down roots...

The way you described Arianna's home when her mother died struck a note in me, somehow. I think it was the line about flowers picked from the alley behind their home. You really made the place feel like a home, brief as its role in the chapter was: and excellent use of phrases connected with commas. I had a succession of still images from the scene flashing rapidly in my head, which was what you inteded, yeah...? Just like a movie... .

Mandragoras. Goddamn mandragoras. As much as I dislike spiders, the mandragora was the creepiest beast in LoS to me. The way they pop out of the ground, and they're everywhere, and they never stop coming, and their gnarly pseudo-human bodies and dead eyes... O_O

I find it close to tantalizing how you keep balancing on that edge. You know? The one between attraction and hate? That's where the magic is. And it's lovely how you put it in that shade of blue in his eyes, and the never confirmed possibility that she didn't put up resistance when he pinned her down.

It's funny how Dracul is torn between chivalry and contempt, asking forgiveness and keeping his distance when he's bitten her, and yet going for the secret in the right pocket without a second thought. Where you intend to go with that is anyone's guess, but I see slivers of his humanity glinting from underneath the layers of grave soil and caked blood that cling to his conscience. Marie works well as the voice for that humanity, and as a link to Rosaria. Dracul seems to find it easier to understand the pain at the loss of a beloved female (Marie/Rosaria) than the loss of a beloved male (Lucien)... Or that could be because Lucien tried to kill him, heh... w' I like how she refuses his comfort when he reaches out for her shoulder. A lot can be read into a gesture like that one. Independence, bull-headedness, despise, strength, vulnerability... You're painting Arianna with depth and many colours.

Haaa... so the past is really dead to him? To agree to telling her so easily... He really gives new meaning to "dead man walking", going through all of this only to die. I think, at the end, that he might not want to. If Arianna can remind him how to live, and find meaning in life... ah, just leave me to my speculations. *sits back and leaves the plot-lining and storytelling to whom it belongs*

M-hm, that ending... 3 Asking his name before asking all the gory, juicy details of betrayal and despair: good move, Aria. (And good save: if she hadn't reminded him of why they're stuck in a hole I might've gotten worried for her mental health.) Where sword and spear can't leave mark, words can still reach his heart...

Good content? Why, yes! Look how much feedback text I could squeeze out of it, good lord... ;P Telling their past is just about the only hope these two have of forming a connection beyond enmity. And seeing as the story of Dracula has been lost to mankind, I'm thrilled to see Aria's reactions to what he will tell. She definitely won't be able to see him as just a monster anymore, that's for certain... And she will gasp and gape and marvel... just like I did, when I played the game. x3

Geez, I want to play it all over again, now. Maybe on Knight level (because I'm a wuss and thought I'd safe it on Warrior first time around). And on that note, your fic inspired me to take up Curse of Darkness again. ;) And what a game it is... probably ties with LoS as my favourite. Great story, interesting and fun gameplay, amazing side characters, f*cking sweetest BGMs ever. Too bad the maps are so goddamn dull... even if they try to make it up with the various weird chairs strewn everywhere...

Enough of me gibbering! Thanks again for continuing the story, I'll nag you as much as you want, just keep having fun writing Gabrial and Aria. And Zobek. I have not forgotten that backstabbing bastard. I cannot believe he doesn't have some hidden agenda going. .
SuperiorDimwit chapter 7 . 8/18/2012
Forgot to write for the previous chapter that your description of his bloodthirst was delightful.

Goodness I'm glad they didn't have rupturing spider egg sacks in the games... Bwahahaha, oh I love her reaction after the fight! "In your face, you little- EEEEEEE!" I think you've got a lovely girl trying to act years beyond her age there. Overall, characters that work nicely together (even if they don't want to). Maybe she'll remind Dracul what it was like to be young...

I can only see the cover as a thumbnail! D8 Extra points for that, though. Maybe it will even spur me to do the same for my fic... *mutters to self* should've done that long ago, just can't bring my lazy ass around to do it... *grumble, mutter*

School first, and then we'll see when you update next. Thanks for two (one?) great chapter(s)!