Reviews for Progress
Majin Hentai X chapter 18 . 1/23/2012
Damn it now I have the image of a ponified Kamina stuck in my head.
Majin Hentai X chapter 13 . 1/23/2012
I'm guessing the Rex and Kong thing was inspired by the Peter Jackson's King Kong the videogame which was better than the movie.
Reikim chapter 27 . 1/18/2012
It's so hard to find good fanfic. It's significantly easier in a large and current fandom, such as the MLP: FiM fandom, but finding good fan literature can still be a challenge.

I've spent many hours recently going through this story. I have to congratulate you on creating an entertaining piece of work. You had me hooked from the first chapter; Luna vs. Microwave is simply adorable.

However. I have complaints.

You've expressed your dislike of reviews saying that you have jumped the shark. Although yes, it does get annoying after a while, it does not invalidate their point. I'd have to agree with them that Progress has lost...something.

Personally, I'd have to say it started partway through Luna Vs. Ponyville. If I were to extrapolate on that, I'd say that the problem stems not from a flaw within the story itself, but a flaw within the structure. The longer, more story-driven arcs tend to fall apart halfway through (as with the recent SPAAAACE! arc). They simply lose steam.

My suggestion? Go back to the fic's roots. Not like this Vigilantism arc. I'm talking about going right back to the first couple of chapters. Your most entertaining work is found in the standalone or two-part chapters. Microwave, Baseball, Storytelling and the Dreamlands two-parter are my favourite chapters, because they don't demand so much effort on the part of the audience and the author. They are self-contained and neat. I think you should focus on these kinds of chapters. Forget SPACE and Vigilantism; go back to the core concept of Luna trying to deal with 1000 years of progress, one thing at a time.

Other than that, please look into getting a good betareader for spelling and grammar purposes. Your fic is entertaining enough that I've been more than willing to overlook any errors; however it would be even better without them.
Descriptivist chapter 20 . 1/8/2012
A hanger is a thing that hangs. A hangar is a structure used for housing airships.

You misspell hangar as hanger.
Descriptivist chapter 17 . 1/8/2012
In "Luna Versus Ponyville" and "Luna Versus the Grand Galloping Gala", you misspelled isotto voce/i as sotto voice and didn't italicize it.
Art of the Artichoke chapter 6 . 1/5/2012
Luna always rolls twenties :)
Star Sage chapter 13 . 1/1/2012
Okay, I just had to comment, just finished with this chapter, and as a fanboy of almost all things giant fighting robot, I thank you. The Primus gag was awesome, and then to have a mythology gag back to the Real World right after, excellent. Thank you for another good laugh, and I will keep reading, hoping for those to continue, as well as more fun times with Princess Luna.
Roxor128 chapter 24 . 1/1/2012
Wow. I almost feel sorry for Discord.

And I Must Scream certainly sums up his situation.

I think Beware The Nice Ones would probably sum up Luna in this series. I don't think I'm the only one to see the similarities between Luna's punishment for Discord and the Tenth Doctor's punishment for the Family Of Blood.
SaphireWhiteWolf chapter 21 . 12/30/2011
Ok those two science ponies... bare a striking resemblance to the two main guys in mythbusters... was that on purpose? If so, awesome! If not, still awesome!
Kknd2 chapter 27 . 12/25/2011
Oh lord... Luna is going the 'manufacture a problem' route... Fortunately she is relatively harmless... but still, she has an aweful lot of power to try it with...

at least it will be fun to watch... need to get Discord to come over for some popcorn and Chaos.

I look forward to seeing the next chapter.
White Butterfly chapter 21 . 12/23/2011
And Mythbusters ponies! Which were pretty much my favourite bit, aside from Luna's maybe clueless decision to subject Prince Blueblood to far too many 'gees'.
avatarjk137 chapter 18 . 12/23/2011
I haven't fully caught up yet, but I just wanted to say this is a fantastic series of stories! Also, the dark version of the Smooze in this story reminds me of the Black Beast from the BlazBlue backstory: another huge, semi-formless monster that almost consumed the world, and another great hero who held off the beast for long enough to make a difference - at the cost of his own life - who was forgotten by history.
Questionable Object chapter 27 . 12/21/2011
Love the story as always. Your Luna is the best Luna.
ultra8 chapter 27 . 12/21/2011
This should be fun. She lives in a near utopia, finding someone that even comes close to qualifying as an arch-nemesis without unleashing some forgotten horror in the process is gonna be a toughy.
Waypoint chapter 27 . 12/21/2011