Reviews for Vigil
citrusbitrus chapter 9 . 2/28
Cheryl, look what you've done- actually made me root for Dean to have a family! (Well obvs, I was rooting to star in the role of Mrs Win the elder, but I guess, Deano would be better off with Lisa and Ben...)
You are in your element dealing with feelings and getting into the heads of your characters. Another sterling chapter. Xx
citrusbitrus chapter 7 . 2/28
So right. Dean the perpetual manchild is great with kids. Your Ben n Dean moment was beautiful. (wipes a tear and wishes for a Jensen-shaped manchild of her own...)
citrusbitrus chapter 6 . 2/28
Powerful stuff. Love the dynamic between Lisa and Sam, their sado-masochistic love for Dean, who is ironically king of sadomasochism.
Their mutual guilt is painful and beautiful to watch. Dean is the most blessed yet most unfortunate chap. My Spn-filled heart doth overflow.
Great stuff. Ps-Sorry about my shoddy spelling!
Tzapporah chapter 9 . 12/18/2013
Yeah, this is a much better Lisa/Ben conclusion than what happened on the show. I always felt that they got shafted.
Hasmik Aharonyan chapter 9 . 8/25/2013
This story was awesome! I mean not that I cared about Lisa much, but it always made me sad that Dean wouldn't get to be Ben's father after all. He was good with Ben, and unlike what was indicated in the Pilot, when Sam told Dean to even name three kids he knows, Dean often meets kids and has individual aproach to them all, which always prove to be the right ones. He might be gentle and careful with some, and almost reckless, but also very considerate with others (you know, like Krisy, she was treated differently, bit still took to Dean better than to Sam), but the point is that kids always love him and trust him more and almost immediately. And it's not like he just knows how to get under their skin, he trully cares about them, loves them and wants to keep them from all kinds of harm and danger and kids are quick to grasp that. So, it was really a shame that he had to give that up with Ben. He might not be the safest person around, but he's surely the best role model for Ben and can teach him a lot of good things: from simple things like good taste in music and cars to essential ones like being kind and caring, strong and willing enough to step up for the ones he loves. And the best thing he can give to Ben is the certainty that you don't have to share blood with someone to love them just as much as your family. He probably loves Ben so much more than the boy's own father ever would and Ben is just a second away from calling Dean "dad", so yeah, Dean, and Sam also (he has been raised by Dean after all) are almost nothing, but good influence on Ben. I'm saying almost because apparently Ben is learning to be more stubborn (like the Winchesters), blaming himself for things he has no control over (like the Winchesters) and most probably loves fast food (like Dean), so very few things aside, this "WinchesterBreaden family" solution you offered might actually turn out to be nice and cool. At least at first. I'm sure they would eventually have to train them both and slowly ease them into the life of hunting because nobody ever close to the Winchester boys is safe from the monsters and they'll have to face such situations too often I'm afraid. Anyway, the story was great, the characters were typical and the moral and arguments you brought in it were very educational. Loved it! Thanks and... where is the promised fluffy epilogue stuff? ;)
sapphireswimming chapter 9 . 8/8/2013
ohmygosh I'm flailing a little bit over here. This is awesome and such a great ending. I really really really really wish that this is how things had turned out in the show. Thanks for at least giving it to us here. :'3

(and it's been a few years, so I'm guessing the fluffy epilogue stuff is not going up? XD)
sapphireswimming chapter 8 . 8/8/2013
Muahahaa. Of course they'll all gang up on Dean when he's hurt and doesn't want help! Loved this chapter. :)
sapphireswimming chapter 7 . 8/8/2013
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS CHAPTER. I definitely needed to read a scene like that for Dean and Ben. Totally agree with you that the show didn't have enough of it!
sapphireswimming chapter 6 . 8/8/2013
Oh that was some brilliant bonding. Loved this talk that Sam and Lisa were able to have.
sapphireswimming chapter 5 . 8/8/2013
Yes, the flashback was good. And still leaving me wondering what on earth happened that Sam got to the hospital and Dean wasn't there.

Loved Lisa at the end, though. Oh my word. CX
sapphireswimming chapter 4 . 8/8/2013
OHMYGOSH. WHAT. A HELLHOUND IS AFTER DEAN. AGAIN. AND HE'S OUT THERE ALL ALOOOOONE.

D8
sapphireswimming chapter 3 . 8/8/2013
Oof, yes, that is definitely when you know something is very very wrong. At least Sam is conscious now, and knows that he has to do something.
sapphireswimming chapter 2 . 8/8/2013
Nice. I like her reasoning and the tension is definitely building.
sapphireswimming chapter 1 . 8/8/2013
Oh wow. What an interesting beginning you've got going on. Where is Dean indeed if not at Sam's side?

I do like Lisa too, though, and I'm glad that it looks like she and Sam might get along a little better than before...? maybeeeeee? :'3
mic19671967 chapter 9 . 5/18/2013
I really enjoy this story and come back to it now and then to re-read it. I would love to see a few stories where all 3 of a life (albeit a little strange) together.

The way you have the characters set up, it would be great to see your take on how the boys and Lisa/Ben would have down/healing time.

Thanks for writing!