Reviews for Folklore
GlassMazeGazer chapter 36 . 1/26/2020
Overall I enjoyed the story, although I liked the concept more than the content. You tell a compelling tale, but my preference would be for it to have included some light & pleasant content. I mean by that, leave all that is in the story now, but to have also included more time to see a Eric & Sookie enjoying themselves & each other during their getting to know each other period, the same for later in their time together before all hell breaks loose in the other realm, and it would have been especially nice to give them a bit of a honeymoon period to reacquaint & enjoy themselves after the five torturous years for her to return to Earth before smacking readers in the face with more evil plots & villains.

Call me crazy, but I would really liked to have seen Sookie being a little sweeter, more attentive, & less resistantly independent with Eric for at least a little while after her return. I’m not into the sugar coated gooey E/S kinds of stories either, but I feel like there’s a happy medium between syrupy & misery that is surprisingly rare in the SVM/TB world.

For the most part, even the few loving interactions that were included were always mired in muck & angst. I guess plenty of folks love angst and there’s plenty of canon precedent for it, but I find real life is hard enough so I prefer my entertainment to include larger amounts of levity, fun, non-depressing lovers’ interludes, etc. than the amounts of misery, angst, & cruelty content. I’m not a fan of being left feeling depressed by stories, films, etc. when they are my escapes from real life drudgery & angst.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 28 . 1/26/2020
I hate to say this, but this particular Sookie truly deserves what some FF writers like to award some characters — a Darwin Award. She is truly far too stupid to live in ‘survival of the fittest’ terms. Someone this dimwitted be a perpetual danger to herself & anyone else around her! I’m really feeling some pity for this Eric!
GlassMazeGazer chapter 25 . 1/26/2020
I’m still sorting out my thoughts on how the scene wax written. It’s different. Somehow it feels both more graphic (physical & corresponding mental detail) and less graphic (less exotic activity, less playful) and probably much more ‘realistic’ than the usual E/S first time scenes. Well done I think, but more of a personal than an erotic episode — in a good way.

One error though, I believe. She mentioned that she had her first orgasm in this scene, but I’m pretty sure it was the second. Didn’t she gave her first fully clothed & purely ‘frictional’ orgasm back when she let him bite her for the first time?
GlassMazeGazer chapter 23 . 1/26/2020
Gran wrote, “I raised you, and I raised you to be smart about everything that you do. I hope you listen to that.” Oh Gran, Gran, Gran. I’ve long been of the opinion that you failed in your efforts to teach Sookie to be a well mannered lady, instead teaching her to be a shrewish, hypocritical, self-righteous, delusional bitch. But to for you to think you trained her to be smart? EPIC FAIL on that on Mrs Stackhouse! EPIC FAIL!

A thought/question has been brewing for me over the last chapter & this one: Once Sookie fully comes into her powers (& realizes that fact), why wouldn’t she be able to open the portal back to Earth herself (without having to die)?
GlassMazeGazer chapter 22 . 1/26/2020
Surely it will come to light that Sookie can stabilize that realm and that the only reason she would have to die is to get them back to Earth and that they should seriously consider why they really would need to go back to Earth after their current realm is out of danger. Once it’s stabilized & safe, where they are sounds better than Earth anyway!
GlassMazeGazer chapter 21 . 1/26/2020
WOW! This is one of those versions of a Sookie with the IQ of a lost pet rock! Talk about being clueless & in denial!
GlassMazeGazer chapter 19 . 1/26/2020
On a lighter though still bloody note, Eric said in an earlier chapter that he enjoyed killing & missed doing it. Seems like going solo rogue vamp hunting every month would be therapeutic. Just sayin...
GlassMazeGazer chapter 18 . 1/26/2020
I’m trying not to be harshly critical because I really am enjoying this story so far, but so many things don’t make sense — more in this chapter than before. It’s not reasonable that Sookie could run several miles to another town faster than a tornado could wipe it out. 60 miles per hour is not an unusual speed for tornadoes here in the midwest U.S. so even if they move at half that speed in this other realm, there is no way she could beat it. Plus this is the same Sookie that was complaining about getting winded by walking around in the castle just a couple of nights back so running for miles? Really?

What is it she expected she would do against a tornado? Those funnels pick-up & throw out cows, vehicles, houses, etc. & we’re supposed to buy her running in against tornado speed winds, shielding a kid with her body against flying metal & wood debris, then having the energy left to help carry people away from the storm? It doesn’t even make sense that a fit guy like Alcide couldn’t catch-up to her & keep her from running into danger. After he was hit by the piece of wood did they just leave the woman they were carrying out behind because she wasn’t mentioned anymore?

Maybe, since it appears her fairy powers were activated &/or growing since she’s been involved with Eric, it could make sense that she had time to survive being drained simultaneously by ten rogue vampires, but even that is a huge stretch. As fast as vampires are meant to be, not to mention their strength, it seems more likely that one would zoom over & rip her throat out (while others were distracted by fighting with Alcide) long before she got to the point of powering up her fairy light that she didn’t know she had.

Sorry if I sound mean. I like fantasy stories & I’m fairly flexible with accepting alternate reality, but the stage has to be written to set expectations that allow for this kind of wildly unrealistic activity. I can definitely buy that a crisis like this and concern for Alcide’s & her life could activate previously dormant magic, but the roadblock is that she pretty much had zero chance of surviving that long in those circumstances even if she could gave run to an entirely different town faster than a tornado could move.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 17 . 1/26/2020
Um, Sookie would have to be supremely stupid to think Hadley wouldn’t know who she is after hearing her name, even if seeing her face to face wasn’t enough. This doesn’t make sense In the story. It was sort of believable while Sookie was still relatively unknown & unseen by others, Hadley in particular, but it stopped being viable as a storyline as soon as Hadley was able to see Sookie even from a distance, given vampires’ acute vision.

It also doesn’t make sense the Eric wouldn’t just have ordered Sophie Anne out of his garden rather than hinting at it or strongly suggesting it. We’ve already seen his ease with dictatorial behavior. That he trusted a young vampire like Hadley to be alone with Sookie doesn’t make sense either given that his much older child lost control, never mind that she & her maker were entirely out of line already by being in his private garden.

I’m curious how much of his choice to have Sookie stay with him in his chamber during the day was about his genuine desire for it versus how much for manipulating her via dangling his ‘trust’ in her to nudge her into falling in love (shared vulnerability) & to move her along more quickly to being ready for more intimacy (how she would likely view it) / having sex with him (how he would think of it).
GlassMazeGazer chapter 16 . 1/26/2020
You’ve created a nice balance in having Sookie be guided by Gran’s frustratingly enigmatic letter while Eric is being guided by the frustratingly enigmatic visions of an ‘elderly’ vampire seer.

The whole Cluviel Dor in the heart thing is creepy though. Did Gran actually know about that? She questioned whether Sookie would ever see anything of the story, but then again she left the magical letter behind & mentioned ‘destiny,’ sooooooo — I’m just not sure what I think.

I was surprised to see that Eric already knows that Sookie is the fairy they’ve been waiting for. I figured he was wondering, maybe even starting to suspect, but certainly not ‘know.’ It’s tempting to want to start being angry at his intended cruelty, but it’s pretty clear he’s in some serious denial about the effects she’s already having on him, plus she’s the means to a goal he’s had for a long, long time so that would take a lot to shake off even if/when he wants to. I guess the knowledge, indicating his deception & concealed cruel intentions towards Sookie could explain how he would so blithely drag an innocent into a room of multiple simultaneous orgies & demand she not freak-out about it.

I still don’t get what happened with Pam not keeping herself in check though. With knowing Sookie has a Cluviel Dor embedded in her heart, my guess as to why her scent is becoming more noticeable is shifting to her fairy powers, possibly her spark, growing in strength as she falls more & more in love with Eric — the love gradually powering up the love token, rather than my previous idea that it was related to how long she’s been in this realm. But that doesn’t help explain why Pam would choose not to resist temptation when every other vampire was able to resist. Maybe just because she thought, as Eric’s child, he wouldn’t really punish her like he would any other vampire?
GlassMazeGazer chapter 15 . 1/26/2020
Interesting & very unusual that the ‘AP’ is younger than Eric in this story (my assumption since we’ve been told he is the oldest vampire).

So, is that key to his floor meant for another evening or for this one? Since it’s time for Eric to retire to his room & he’s intending to call for some food to be brought to her then tells her to go upstairs when Pam approaches it’s unclear to me. I’m leaning toward it being for the next evening since A) it would be odd if someone would be allowed up to his floor with food that might require his door to be opened to receive it after he’s gone to his day rest and B) she shared the blood from her cut downstairs, but if she were joining him on his floor, it would make more sense to do it upstairs. Given the events of the evening, it seems like it would be safer if she went to his floor right away.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 14 . 1/26/2020
Is Sookie’s scent (& probably correspondingly her spark) growing stronger just by being in this other realm? I guess this is the first time any vampires have been in her vicinity when she was highly arroused so that’s a possible reason but it seems inadequate. I’m more inclined to go with the realm change gradually amplifying her fairy spark & all associated aspects of her.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 13 . 1/25/2020
I would have thought she would ask about pain when being bitten since they both openly know she had the one bad & painful experience with Brock. Heck, in her place that would have been one of my first questions immediately following him asking to be his pet — will it hurt?
GlassMazeGazer chapter 11 . 1/25/2020
I really don’t understand why Sookie or Sam would expect that she would continue waitressing in his bar now that she is the pet of a king known for showering his pets with riches and that said pet is known to need to be guarded. That doesn’t really leave any room for a logical person to assume the pet would be allowed to continue to wait tables in a bar (much less why she would want to!). It only makes sense that she MIGHT return if/when the king tires of her.

I’m also surprised to see Alcide so freely making physical contact with Sookie. That would definitely be off canon IF canon included an Alcide who willingly & happily worked as a guard for Eric. He would be carefully observant of the rule that the king was the only one permitted to touch her. Except for the fact that Compton might have felt like tasting her to make it different, it doesn’t seem he made any more contact with Sookie than Alcide has in this chapter, but Eric took serious offense at Bill touching her in the course of preventing her from falling on her face.
GlassMazeGazer chapter 10 . 1/25/2020
Considering that Sookie waffles between feeling like no one of any significance to just a foolish & belligerent girl, her statement that she doubts Eric will lose interest in her quickly is very OOC. What real reason does she have yet to think he would want to keep her much longer than he usually would. I mean, I get that she has several special circumstances, but she has no knowledge or experience of him to have a sense of what he will/might do. The fact that she’s been surprised/tricked/fooled by him several times already is proof of that.
1,097 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »