Reviews for Roads Taken
Guest chapter 1 . 2/3/2013
Excellent story!
Hahukum Konn chapter 1 . 4/1/2012
Hey! I liked this :) Kind of plants the seeds for Walt's actions and his and Jesse's later not-quite-friendship. :)
starwanker chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
Something about this is sweet, in a distant sort of way. I'm not entirely sure how to explain it, but it's good; I like it. Great job:)
Q Branch chapter 1 . 5/15/2011
Yes, as the previous reviewer noted, there are timeline/canon issues. But I hope that doesn't deter you from writing more BB fic, because I thoroughly enjoyed this. I think you captured the characters, setting, imagery, and overall essence of the show so well that I kept picturing it as a flashback segment within an episode. Everything just felt "right". I was blown away, actually.

Canon or not, you did a great job with this. I respectfully request more. :)
readishmael chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
Very nice work. Great writing and strong characterization (I'd particularly like to praise your dialogue, especially Walt's whole chemistry lecture), and I've been longing for more fic from Jesse's high school days.

I'm not sure about your timeline, though. According to Vince Gilligan, Jesse's supposed to be ~25, so it's been at least a good seven years since he was in Walt's class. Given that, wouldn't his brother, who was like 10-11 when we saw him, have still been, like, four years old at this point? And do you think Jesse had been dealing for that long without getting busted? It isn't a big problem, not something I'd go out of my way to correct, but it might be a distraction for other readers.