Reviews for Diligo Victum Nusquam
sarinamydear chapter 11 . 12/2/2012
This has to be the single more heart-breakingly beautiful story I have ever read. The need, the hopeless longing, desperation, all for one thing. I don't cry for books easily, but I did for this story. The feelings were so intense, I have love/hate feelings for it. I don't know how I didn't find this story sooner, I stalk and reread Bicentennial like a freakin madman. Again, love this story, hate this story, but it's an affectionate hate. 3
kyouruhi24 chapter 11 . 10/8/2012
wow... utterly beautiful! i was captivated by your every word.. they just flowed artfully.. i am totally in awe.. thank you for writing and sharing this amazing piece!
so sad chapter 11 . 7/27/2012
This made me cry.
Darth Vader C11 chapter 1 . 7/23/2012
Moony used Effective Masterful Writing Paralysis. It is very effective.

Your master-ness has rendered me unable to move
BloodColoredRose chapter 11 . 7/12/2012
oh...my gosh...

this...is...so...HEART-WRENCHING. i feel like crying now. this was so beautifully painful, and so painfully beautiful. this story...sebastian...was so full of heartache that it made my very core want to touch him. to somehow comfort him in some way. but...

i think i'm going to cry...

this was a beautifully written story. and now, i'm feeling so beautifully depressed. you've done an incredible job of tearing out my heart and ripping it into pieces, letting pain bleed into me in return.

the story was breathtaking. i appreciate it. thank you.
BloodColoredRose chapter 4 . 7/11/2012
wow. this is GORGEOUS! so COMPLEX! it...it befuddles my mind until this small brain of mine appears nothing more than overly-buttered mashed potatoes, but sends such perceptive, dark, sadistic, joy that i could just SCREAM. i can see everything with such vivid detail, it's as if i'm standing right there, in the room, watching every twist of emotion, hearing every reel of words flowing through lips. i'm THERE. i can SEE. and, as a reader, that is what i'm most picky about.

this is AMAZING! how do you do it?
BloodColoredRose chapter 2 . 7/11/2012
wow. once again breathtaking. it's so late at night right now, though... i don't think i can read any more tonight. but oh...it's so tempting...

but alas, i must go. thank you for this chapter! 'twas beautifully scrumptious!
BloodColoredRose chapter 1 . 7/11/2012
Breathless. That's what I am right now. This was breathtakingly beautiful, as with all of your work that I had the pleasure of reading. I loved the point of view. I loved how you've managed to describe the minutest details until I could literally "see" everything in my head. It was...breathtaking.

Just to be sure, I would like to know who exactly was killed. I have the feeling that it was Claude and Alois, right? And the one killing would be Sebastian, and the one in the coffin is Ciel? That's kind of my assumption. I would like to know if I'm right.

But anyways, it doesn't matter. In the end, it doesn't, really. When faced with a masterpiece like this...who can question it?
IvyMcAllister chapter 1 . 6/4/2012
In case I haven't said this already-heartbreaking and horrific. (V. glad it survived the recent Purges.)
mabidiso chapter 11 . 5/24/2012
This story practically killed me to get through. It was devilishly hard to read not only because of its disjointedness, its nearly random intermingling of perspectives and timelines and memories, the "keyboard clash," but mostly because you dragged out FOREVER the merest wisp of possibility that things could have ended a bit better than this. It hurt so much to be absolutely forced to let go of all hope in the end. No one could have possibly expected happily ever after or even rosy love and blossoms and all that rot. But even still, with Sebastian running on hope and what he thought of as love, I was swept away with him. I clung with everything I had to the glimmer of a chance that he and Ciel could have found one another in some way. I imagined that Sebastian could be absorbed into Ciel, and that Ciel would remain, with Sebastian within him. Then, when the demon possessions became clear, I though still that Sebastian, as another demon, could have joined the rabble and beaten them all off, giving his master the field. I imagined they could die together, going into some heretofore unknown space created just for deformed, damaged, morphed spirits that have no place either Above or Below. Then I hoped that perhaps they could achieve oblivion together. Ciel would welcome it, and I think Sebastian as well would prefer to not exist in any way, shape or form. None of that, not any version nor facet of any of those possibilities came to be. It seems that Sebastian did indeed join the rabble, but within his own body, and he now lays dormant. Or maybe, I don't know, Sebastian did manage to leave existence behind and gave his body over to the others, and he is nowhere to be found. What of Ciel? Where did the tattered remains of his soul go? You know, though, of all the gory horror, all the insanity, all the soul sickness - the worst is actually the heartbreak. The heartbreak caused by the Father. The Fall was engineered. Some of the First and Second borns were destined to be thrown away and used as a foil for those who were chosen to remain Above. Sure, life is unfair and there is no justice...yadda, yadda, yadda, but this fundamental betrayal invites desperate wishes of total annihilation. The revelation of His betrayal of ALL of His creations begs the eternal question of whether free will actually exists. This twisted, dark, damaged, vicious, bloody version of reality turns every belief of "good" and "evil" on its head. In this reality, Below is the the place of the most truth. Oh, the irony.
xosidewinderxo chapter 11 . 4/11/2012
Oh my gosh.

I'm quite a bit late on having found this fandom, but I must say, I could not have got more lucky on finding you. If you've been watching your email lately, you'll have seen my name before, I've fav'd many of your things lately.

Okay, on to reviewing this!

First off, you are, by far and above, one of the best writers I have /ever/ encountered, be it on here or otherwise. Every word you choose draws me in like a spider web (to use a generally common theme in Kuroshitsuji) and hooks its claws in me. There was not one word I found that seemed out of place or that it did not belong there.

This story was so intense! I love the way you captured Sebastian, mostly because I completely agree with the way you wrote their relationship and his feelings toward Ciel. I believe that, in his own way, he does love Ciel and you captured that so very well.

The ending was so sad and so moving, and I was almost in tears for the last chapter. The epilogue wrapped everything together and tied all the strings and loose ends up.

So good, so very good! I cannot wait to see what you give us next!

-Ran
starbit chapter 11 . 2/11/2012
This story was amazing. I don't know what else I can say about it that hasn't already been said...

The story is just so deep, the emotions so powerful, and overall it is just so tragic. I feel like Shakespeare could have written this story. So empty, so final. Selfish desires that spiral out of control and cause anguish, heartache, and death.

Obviously you spent a lot of time and thought on this story and it really shows. It's beautifully composed. It makes the reader think about what they are reading; what's happening.

Again, this is a wonderful story. I enjoyed reading it immensely.
Ms-Pseudo-Writer chapter 11 . 1/3/2012
Quite honestly, this is one of my favourite stories from you. You have the ability to not only make the reader THINK about what is going on, you also have turned prose into an art again. I find your writing style refreshing and a joy to read.

Now, that that formal splurging is out of my system...

*flails around* EVERYTHING. IS. GLORIOUS. I seriously cannot just pick ONE part of this story that I love: I love it all! The idea, the keyboard smashing (and the urge to key board smash to express myself right now is high), the sheer amount of emotion that this provoked me to feel, and your OC's are so brilliantly constructed that I sometimes felt as though they belonged in Kuroshitsuji. There is just so much content that it would take 10 reviews to fully express how talented you are-and I wish I had the words to do so, but I'm just so flabbergasted.

Now I'm off to READ ALL THE STORIES.

-Riley

(PS: Is the title Latin? If so, doesn't mean "Diligo Victum Nusquam" mean "I love my food Nowhere," or is google lying to me? XD)
Anon chapter 11 . 1/3/2012
...I have no words that describes how fantastic this is...Great job, moony :D
chibiaries chapter 11 . 12/2/2011
This was just so tragic and desperate and visceral, and I loved the backstory you gave Sebastian, and how he lost everything because he ended up burned by his obsession with Ciel, and it was creepy and dark and terrible in a very pretty way.

I don't know what my feelings are doing, so you did a good job on this.
127 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »