Reviews for In Tooth And Mane
BRING BACK SUMMERCAT9 chapter 1 . 12/6/2011
I can take the rain on the roof of this empty house

That don't bother me

I can take a few tears now and then

And just let them out

I'm not afraid to cry

Every once in a while even though goin' on

With you gone still upsets me

There are days

Every now and again I pretend I'm okay

But that's not what gets me

Is what I was tryin' to do

It's hard to deal with the pain

Of losing you everywhere I go

But I'm doin' it

It's hard to force that smile when I

See our old friends and I'm alone

Still harder

Gettin' up, gettin' dressed

Livin' with this regret

But I know if I could do it over

I would trade, give away all the words

That I saved in my heart

That I left unspoken

Every now and again

I pretend I'm okay

But that's not what gets me

Is what I was tryin' to do

Hey, I'm not SummerCat9 but I'm one of her fans, just call me deepthroat/mystery anon . If you really want to know what happened to her keep badgering her with PMs. She has so much potential! It really saddens me to see her go down like this! Tell everyone else to badger her with PMs as well.

I don't know if she's going to re - upload it or not but I have PM'd her recently and she said she was pissed that everyone hated her story 'Playing with fire, and its consequences", I don't know why though but then again the poor girl had too many personal demons to bear, but her story seemed a - okay to me.

One of my suspicions is that the forum "Critics United" made her take it down. I don't know what beef she had with them, I'm not interested in going down with a third party.
LiumD chapter 5 . 11/6/2011
This is rather good.
Ringcaat chapter 5 . 8/8/2011
REVIEWER'S NOTE:

The magic of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic has consumed my life in recent months and at last it's time for me to give back. I've just started writing fan fiction of my own, but first, I've resolved to write reviews! I started off with a top ten list (which may not include stories begun after June 30th, 2011), and now I'm adding a bunch of Honorable Mentions. :-)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

What a nifty epic! It may be destined to run a bit long if you do finish it, but it really does shine with quality. The premise was established with skill and weight, but what I really like is Applejack's confrontation with Sloth. Some of the quotes in these last two chapters were so chilling, I confess I copied them into an AIM RP I was having as snippets of nightmare speech. If all the confrontations are so in-depth and exciting (but in different ways), it'll be a slam-bang story.
Iron-Mantis chapter 5 . 7/14/2011
Interesting! so applejack first to fight what i think is Sloth, Then Rarity is going to get either Pride or lust. personally i hope to see Fluttershy scaring wrath. Rainbow getting greed possibly and Pinkie pie might get envy or Gluttony.
BookRose chapter 3 . 6/8/2011
So far, so very, very good. Seeing much of the quality I have come to expect from pretty much all of your stories although, LOL, "Hell Hath No Fury" was just a little too dark and sinister than what I was expecting from MLP and Fluttershy, although when I thought about it, it made sense that it could definitely happen. As quiet as she is...

I'm torn on whether or not to read on to the next episode or look in your favorites for other MLP gems to devour. I really want to go on with yours since your writing is quite superb pretty much 100% of the time, but I won't know how the episode ends and that will really bug me. Oh well. One thing I can count on is the fact that this series has firmly taken hold of your creative instincts so good that next update can't be too far off the horizon.

XD I look forward to it.

BookRose
Greki chapter 5 . 5/31/2011
It is funny, just today I was wondering about your fic... then you go and update. Nice ESP you got there.

I can't say this chapter made my blood boil all that much, but it was an interesting read. I kept thinking, though, that Applejack was in a sense too trusting of the filly at the end, even if the filly was being threatened. She kept trusting that the filly would tell her the truth and whatnot, and trust that she would indeed put Applejack in Rainbow Dash's dream. Or that she wouldn't try to erase her memories again. Or do something to her body while she was dreaming.

I don't know. Applejack's attitude just screamed for a trap.

Anyway, can't wait to see what are the fears of the others, or if they will team up in dreamworld or something.
5 chapter 5 . 5/31/2011
Aquaman52:

been awaile since I read your stories

amzing and intresting story you got going here. MLP is intrersting. I know your on this for the time being unless you decide to mutitask this summer and finnish up the growing down story as well. Dont hate me but I just thought of a fairly stupid maby sic but halerious idea for growing down when you decide to finish that one.

I figured since that story is a comady/sci fi What if you had Cub Simba sleeping with nala Changa busrst in and sees what happens and eithe pukes or descovers the scerat that he must keep. or Kopa discuvers simba and nala sleeping together and from there thingsw very twisted. I know sounds stupid asnd sic but I fifured since its a comady you somthing like that is bound to hapen. I know Cub adult sex is wrong but its scifi. like I said dont hate me but think this posable sugestion when you decide to returen to wrtting Growing Fown.
The Enduring Man-Child chapter 5 . 5/31/2011
I've been eagerly waiting for an update to this story, and you did not disappoint! Very well done!

There's something especially sinister about an evil force that assumes an innocent form, like a child. I suppose it's related to the "evil clown" phenomenon, something supposed to be good that turns out to be evil (and powerful).

Are we ever going to learn the identity of this evil little filly?
Aotrs Commander chapter 4 . 5/25/2011
I will have to echo what some posters said on ED. This does feel very much like what a MLP:MiF movie would be like. You've got a very nice mix of seriousness without loosing any of the show's charm (or, in my opinion, the even more critical element of humour). The characteriastion seem to be smack on (as I find myself automatically hearing the character's voices). Excellent work, I look foward to the continutation.
Aldea Donder chapter 4 . 5/22/2011
Thanks for making a brony outta me. Still looking forward to Growing Down, but this is pretty ballin' too.
Fingerthing chapter 4 . 5/16/2011
Oh hai there.

I'm not entirely sure how to start this, but let's give it a go shall we?

(HNNNGGGGHHHH, the words aren't coming out! I MUST ACTIVATE SOME... MUSAK.)

First of all. This is an Excellent fanfic all around. You have a great vocabularium and know how to keep a reader interested. Most fanfics that I read barely keep my attention for a chapter. They are usually poorly written shlock ( or maybe i'm not very good at finding good FF?) that are about as interesting as reading average joe's tweets. This has suspense, drama, intrigue and most importantly, sanity. Perhaps a lot the suspense comes from the fact it uses the same characters as the T.V show with a few extras standing in for villains. Fanfics can have immediate emotional connection to a reader right from the start because he/she already knows the people and the setting. This makes it slightly easier to get a person "hooked" because we inherently care about what is going on. And... oh wait, I'm ranting now aren't I? I have a tendency to do that, specially when I'm tired. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway, this story has a lot of potential. The whole splitting up the gang by making them turn on each other. Rarity vs. Applejack, Twi vs. any of them really. Thing is, you are doing it far, far to early. These ponies are BFFs foreverz! I doubt that they would all get so grumpy at each other after only 2 (admittedly exhausting) days. The reason of dissagrement should come from the 7 vices. 2 problems are presented though

1) HOW do the 7 vices do it? Do they for example steal something from rarity and put it in dash's bag? Infect someponys mind?

2) Isn't it just easier to kill of one of them?

Sorry for my little rant, I'm tired and such. Just remember that i'll be reading this every step of the way.

/Fingerthing
Greki chapter 4 . 5/15/2011
I actually saw this fic before, but it was in doc format. I saw it from Equestria Daily and I didn't know it was here too. This is a very, very cool story. I just hope it isn't Grimdark or whatever it is they call those very dark stories back in that website.

I just gotta say, awesome job!
The Enduring Man-Child chapter 4 . 5/15/2011
You mean I'm the first to review this story?

I've been cartoon lover for all my almost 54 years and have always been delighted at how "juvenile" series can inspire such dark, adult, even Tolkienesque fiction (I think the only one that couldn't be treated this way is "Yakky Doodle," but perhaps someone will prove me wrong some day).

I just discovered MLP FIM last week, and its fan fiction has been no disappointment. I must say I am thoroughly intrigued by your plot line and am looking forward to following it to the end.

Cartoons forever!