Reviews for Last Will and Testament of Lily Evans Potter
Brilliant story. I will be reading the rest of this sequel.
I don’t know if you still read reviews to your fics years later but I have found this one and I love it. I have read a lot of “Snape taking in Harry” fics but none of them really quite hit the nail on the head like you have with the way you have been developing Snape and Harry’s relationship. One thing that I always see in these types of fics is that they either amplify the angst and suffering ( - which, I get it, but it tends to make Harry feel like a toddler seeking adult comfort rather than a moody teen that simply needs guidance and a stable parent figure) along with making Snape way too sympathetic and paternal, but you made it a point to portray him just the same as he is portrayed by JKR and the movies. Unpleasant with a streak of sympathy about him but you have to really be paying attention and thinking about it to see it. He’s just as bitter as always but he obviously cares in his own small ways about Harry’s well being. And I loved how you used Snape’s abusive childhood to kind of shed light on his behavior and the way he approaches caring for Harry once he knows the truth about the Dursleys.

I liked how you didn’t make him too caring in the beginning, emphasizing that Harry didn’t trust Snape’s efforts to be paternal because it’s not the type of behavior he expects from him. I do have to say though, I also notice how you didn’t go too hard on the bitterness and general air of dislike that he has for Harry like some of these fics also tend to do. It was a satisfying blend of both and it makes it such an intriguing story and also very realistic to me character wise. This is so within cannon that I would expect a scenario like this to go the way it has so far. I think that the gradual trust and tolerability that they are forming for each other is very natural and I am enjoying every chapter more than the last. I will read this to the end. I do hope you have finished it, I always seem to stumble on the ones that aren’t finished or which have been sadly abandoned. You are such a brilliant writer and I can’t wait to see how it all plays out.
WeisseHex chapter 23 . 7/16
THAT was really creepy! Yaxley sounds like a freakin' pervert!
WeisseHex chapter 17 . 7/16
I love the curse Snape put on the Dursley's; it is absolutely fitting!
WeisseHex chapter 14 . 7/16
Yes, Harry, start listening to Sevvie! He is right you know, it really ISN'T always your job to do everything yourself. IDIOT!
WeisseHex chapter 13 . 7/16
Why won't you just accept it, Severus Snape? That you DO have a heart inside that cold cold chest of yours, Sevvie?
WeisseHex chapter 10 . 7/16
Well, THAT went well, didn't it? Let's hope Harry will survive his punishment. I'm sure it won't be too bad...
WeisseHex chapter 6 . 7/16
Man, I STILL think that Snape ought to take a look at Harry's back!
WeisseHex chapter 1 . 7/16
AHH, poor Harry is in the Bat's den!
Linda chapter 23 . 7/10
Love the first part of the story
Whittweet chapter 13 . 6/19
“… you interfering meddlesome witch.” HAHAHAA! I’m dying!
Whittweet chapter 3 . 6/19
Most accurate Snape I have EVER read in a fanfic, I am ROLLING! XD
Whittweet chapter 2 . 6/19
BAHAHAHA! Oh I love this already, “What in Merlins name was she thinking?”
FanficHoarder chapter 13 . 11/21/2021
“I am NOT your father”—lmao this got my laughing XD

Lovely writing. Keep up the good work!
majere4 chapter 19 . 10/21/2021
"
"You didn't have to do this. To get me anything, I mean. I don't... well... I don't deserve it. I haven't made your life easy."

"I haven't made your life easy, either, Mr. Potter," Snape replied. He didn't mention the years of misconceptions and prejudice that he suddenly felt the need to make up for.

"No," Potter agreed. "I guess that means we're even."

Snape made a reluctant sound of agreement.
"
*squints and re-reads that part*
So... that's it? Yeah, no.
1,004 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »