Reviews for iThe Greatest Generation
Archangel Uzumaki chapter 15 . 9/13/2019
I just keep coming back an re-reading this story it's gritty full of action and just plain beautiful!
Always reminds me of my great grandpa my grandpa and my great uncles Everytime I read it
This story the emancipation of Fred and courting Nathan's father are my top 3 favorite stories in this genre of fanfiction. Pure gold
Guest chapter 15 . 6/18/2014
This was sincerely an amazing story. I love stories about that time period, they just intrigue me, and I also love iCarly and am a huge Seddie shipper so writing this story was a genius idea! You should keep up with the great work!
Mountain Dew 17 chapter 3 . 5/4/2014
Military note- As a Sergeant, Freddie would be addressed as such, not as "Sir", as he is an enlisted man, not an officer, although, it could fit, if said in a joking manor
Mountain Dew 17 chapter 2 . 5/4/2014
Just a historical note, when US troops landed in North Africa, as part of Operation Torch in November 1942, they fought, albeit breifly, with Vichy French troops, not Germans, with the french barely putting up a fight. The 1st major encounter between US Forces and The Afrika Corp, was in February 1943, at the battle of Kasserine Pass, when The Afrika Corp, under the command of the "Desert Fox", General Erwin Rommel, won a decisive victory over the US 3rd Army.
Mountain Dew 17 chapter 10 . 12/8/2013
2 things. and please don't take this the wrong way, but i'm a real sticker when it comes to accuracy.

1- There is no way a Major would be commanding a Division. A Battalion yes, or, if there were severe enough casualties, a Regiment.
2- Unless Freddie was transferred to the 101st Airborne of 10th Armored Division, he wouldn't have been in Bastogne during The Battle of The Bulge.

other than that this is an excellent story
Mountain Dew 17 chapter 5 . 12/8/2013
interesting fact: Major General Matthew B. Ridgeway was one of the planners of Operation " hit on a" Shingle. The failure of the combined Anglo-American forces to push out of the Anzio pocket is considered to be one of the biggest allied blunders of the war. Awesome Story
The Poet chapter 9 . 8/12/2013
Awesome story a born writer
twilight-jemmett chapter 15 . 12/18/2011
ok i read the first chapter and i couldnt stop for anything not even the bathroom! this is a really great story and ill be sure to telll everyone about it! and i loved it it felt like i was there to and i loved all the emotions and all the details its awesome!
BushwellFanNYC chapter 15 . 10/15/2011
Fantastic story. I bow to your prowess.

Nevel's death was awesome.
The Captains Muse chapter 15 . 6/1/2011
this was an awesome story great job!
MDi love chapter 15 . 5/27/2011
This story is so good. You had me crying at some parts.
crash76 chapter 15 . 5/26/2011
This is the best story I have ever read on Fan Fiction.

You did a very good job with the characters.

The chapter with Camp setting was rough. I could not imagine the horror of seeing people like that first hand like the allied forces had to. My grandfather served also in W. , he was captured in Germany and taken as a POW.

Your story reminded me of "The Longest Day" my personal favorite W. movie and the realism of "Saving Private Ryan"
Tallen93 chapter 15 . 5/24/2011
Thanks for writing such a great story, this story had me hooked from the begining and having it set in WWII kept intrest as well(thats my favrite war to study.) adn that u put real events in this story makes it stand out.

And dont feel bad for not having a lemon how u wrote it works with freddies thoughts on the war and the ending was hilarious when sam woke up
Geekquality chapter 15 . 5/24/2011