Reviews for Her Greatest Adversary
DarkPhoenix101 chapter 5 . 5/4/2014
Let me guess how this would have continued.

Tarrant's attempt to kill Jes would have failed because Jes, being a Mary Sue and probable narcissistic authorial self insert is just too AWESOME to lose to a milliner. Jes would easily have killed the Jabberwocky without any help, but would end up having to replace it as the Red Queen's Champion and have to fight Alice. Being the super gifted fencer she is, Jes would easily beat the hapless Alice but unable to hurt her little cousin would turn on Icarabeth and kill her, so ending the war. Jes would end up with Stayne and become the White Queen's Champion and Hero of Underland and be generally fawned over by everyone. Alice would get Tarrant but be ignored by by all the Underlandians except Tarrant, because they are all so totally besotted by the AWESOME Jes! How am I doing?

Regardless of how it would have continued (and I'm sure my guesses are not far off) this story is a load of clich├ęd, juvenile rubbish!
LadyEpic101 chapter 5 . 8/29/2013
I want to see how this plays out. You've done a truly wonderful job of keeping me guessing at every turn. Keep up the good work!
Stinker126 chapter 5 . 8/22/2013
I really like it :) I hope you update again soon
megumisakura chapter 5 . 5/20/2013
great chapter!
senichio-san24 chapter 5 . 5/18/2013
*squeals* I can't believe your baaaaaaaack!

The fight scene between Jen and Stayne was just perfect! I really enjoyed it. I was grinning, giddy and at the edge of my seat the whole time! They really do make quite a pair. I adore them both!

The plot just keeps on getting thicker. The second part of the prophecy...just wow. I can't imagine Jen turning on her cousin. Perhaps she'll change the prophecy?

I also noticed that you've brought in a darker side to Tarrant. Wonderful, I actually found myself more interested. He's even more unpredictable! And that last line...*shudders*

Brilliant as ever!
Wild-Leopard-Eyes chapter 4 . 4/7/2012
OMG... Please continue!
poop pee chapter 4 . 3/4/2012
good story please update soon
Victory Tastes Like Chocolate chapter 4 . 11/11/2011
ooooh, so many possibilities! I like.
Victory Tastes Like Chocolate chapter 3 . 11/11/2011
Oooh, I'm excited. I love fencing. Incidentally, the scabbard is the sword's sheath. Why would she grip that tighter?

Sorry it took me so long to find this story.
Thor chapter 4 . 6/5/2011
Amazing plot. Something tells me this is not your average 'another-upperlander-falling-into-the-rabbit-hole' story. Your OC is very interesting.
Chocolate'sArtist chapter 4 . 6/1/2011
Wow. Two consecutive smashing chapters! Well done once more.

Jen's quite the devious one isn't she? I love the strategy she devised to outwit Iracebeth. She kept her story vague and cunningly increased the credibility of her tale from the Queen's slip up. I really admire her quick thinking. You really emphasized her shrewdness whilst successfully maintaining balance again. Brilliant. The things Jen would do for her cousin. Very sweet.

The Tea party part was perfectly executed. Everyone's in character and while initially the flow of the story follows that of the movie, I love that bit where Tarrant got jealous when Alice decided to calm Chessur instead of him.

Two things that made my jawdrop LITERALLY: the new Oraculum and Jen's proposition. God, the new prophecy was just shocking! But before I make any assumptions, I think I'll wait first for the other half to be unraveled. And then there's the must-watch swordfight between Ilosovic and Jen! Oh dear,I'm excited for the results.

An update is a must! :D
Phoene chapter 4 . 5/31/2011
(Sorry, I was the anonymous, I just forgot to write my name...)

Congratulations for these two lastest chapters! I don't know what I can say more: it's just one of the best fanfictions that i've read.

Thanks for posting new chapters so quickly!
Ranguvar27 chapter 4 . 5/30/2011
Thanks for the mention again, in your Author's Note-and I agree, Crispin did do a fine job of making Stayne both sinister and quite appealing,

Now, the Review. Again, I absolutely love the dynamic between Jen and Stayne-they clash at every opportunity, but it's pretty obvious that Stayne's becoming more and more fascinated with her. I loved the way you conveyed his disbelief when Jen announced she had come to Salazen Grum to usurp his position as Head of the Red Army(or so he thinks.) His reaction to seeing Jen in her Warrior Dress was pretty funny too-and lucky for him Iracebeth was too shocked to notice anything. I do hope you put the duel in the next chapter.

The Tea Party scene was excellent-I love how you blended the original script with the scenes from the movie, and you captured everyone perfectly. Of course, now I'm wondering what the rest of the new prophecy says.

You have a wonderful gift for description-not only of Jen's attire, which I could quite easily picture, but also of the way Underland has been bleached nearly colorless by the Reign of Iracebeth. But what I admire most is that you know when to be descriptive and when to be simple-which, I've noticed, can be rare for a first time writer. So congrats on neatly avoiding the purple prose.
senichio-san24 chapter 3 . 5/26/2011
Nice. Another genius of a chapter. Though what I really like about this one is that bit when Jen was willing to ignore standing up for herself against Ilosovic 'cause she was thinking that could potentially giver herself away along with endangering her cousin's safety. Her selflessness and concern for her cousin's very touching. I love it.

Also, I've noticed that you've mention that diamond ring again. Reading Jen's emotions about the matter, I wonder how that would play out with the wonderfully developing tension between her and Stayne. Hmm. Curious and curiouser indeed.

Again, good job.