Reviews for Moonlight And Wine
Puggle chapter 1 . 4/14/2014
Really lovely piece.
Thank you for sharing.
librarywitch chapter 1 . 10/21/2013
Cheers mate! That was awesome.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Sad and beautiful.
partlyironic chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
The image of Sherlock and John drinking very expensive vintage wine on the floor of their kitchen is so THEM and so, so cool. I've not mentioned this before, I don't think, but I love the little insights into Sherlock's thoughts on money. The fact that they could blow it all on a big house or a fancy car or a driver or loads of holidays but just choose not to...it's so bohemian and so Holmesian.

This was angsty and humourous and wonderful.
Amnity125 chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
I love how visual your writing is in this fic; I could see Sherlock sitting in the moonlight so clearly, and you manage to create and maintain a quiet, poignant atmosphere beautifully throughout. It was all wonderfully understated and sad, with lots of imagery and a very fitting conclusion. Hope the wine lived up to its price - and its emotional value!
grannysknitting chapter 1 . 5/13/2011
john always knows exactly what to say to change the mood into something less fraught...

or should i say YOU always know what to make john say to change the mood into something less fraught.

I was all set for angstyness and then ended up snorting at the last line! thanks!
your-icequeen chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
I love that they drink it in the end. It's nice to see Sherlock making a second good memory out of the bottle, his mom and his John.
silverwolf04 chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
While Sherlock's grief is brilliant, I espeacially love the understanding between Sherlock and John. John deals with the situation perfectly and manages not to make a bad situation really bad.

And you work in some homour to stop the peice becoming too depressing.

'John set it very gingerly back on the floor, pushing it between them again' has to be my favourite line :)
Nepha chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
Poor Sherlock. So sweet and great story. Love it. Thank you for sharing it.
Notparanoid chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
That was so sweet. As always, a great story. :)
HOS70 chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
“John knew that Sherlock had probably checked to see how much he'd paid and where the money had come from, and hoped the detective wouldn't see it as a double blow but a double gift: something from John AND from Sibyl. Although, he might just as easily point out that was sentimental nonsense, because the money was theirs now, no matter where it had come from.” This is such a brilliant paragraph, I absolutely love it.

Oh, poor Sherlock misses his mum. I’m so glad he allows himself to talk to John about this. This was a very tender story and you managed to lighten our melancholic mood effortlessly before signing off, by leaving us with your (John’s) last line. Well done!
mattsloved1 chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
It's difficult, because you've written so many great pieces, but I think this one might be my favorite. :) This piece shows how far into their relationship John and Sherlock are. I love how the violin is from John and Sybil. Oh, and John's comment at the end? Brilliant! Thanks again for sharing, don't ever stop!

I'm having such a lovely morning. I wake up to three alerts in my email. This lovely piece by yourself, one from Ivory Novelist, and Grannysknitting was lovely enough to write a piece for one of my requests! It may be gray outside but I've had some lovely reads! Thanks for your part in it! :D
mustangwoman chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
Did you get any sleep last night? :-) This was lovely, simply lovely. Excellent imagery and the last line was perfect.