Reviews for Resono
xenzen chapter 11 . 12/7/2011
This was an excellent fic, of a quality little seen on this site without wading through volumes and volumes of drivel. The characterizations were all spot on, the tech, the action, everything. You managed to write scenes from the game without copying them wholesale, and weaved it all together into a magnificent, fresh new retelling that kept me on the edge of my seat, hitting the 'next' button.
Nvrmore chapter 11 . 10/25/2011
Well, I hadn't reviewed this earlier because, until a month ago, I didn't own the DLC's for Mass Effect 2. I've finally played them, and was free to read this.

Awesome, as always! You are a seriously talented writer. And I love how you've entwined Shepard's and Kaidan's stories. It was interesting reading a story with a lot of Jacob's pov. I'm curious if the deaths in your story are how things played out for you in the game.

Anyway, another wonderful story. I can't wait until ME3 and more stories from you. :)
Convictski chapter 11 . 8/20/2011
The way Shepard is feeling better, just before going on a mission that will certainly hurt her heavily but then not actually writing it, it... I don't like the pain it will cause her as a person, but as an ending for this story it feels pretty much perfect. (And correct me if I'm wrong, but it feels to me like you will never actually write Arrival into a story and instead just pick up sometime after its events.)

Kaiden coming to emtionally understand the idea of what a Spectre mindset must be is a good final wrapup, without being as uncomfortable (from our position with knowledge of events) as ending with the Shepard portion would have been.

Still looking forward to whatever you write next.

(Late again with the review, sorry sorry. Not sure if it makes it better or worse that I did read it the day it was put up.)
ilmiopassato chapter 11 . 8/12/2011
I continue to be impressed with your ME stories - great as always. Deciding to make Kaidan a Spectre candidate is a very interesting choice. I wasn't sure how I felt about it at first, but I think it could work. Now comes the long wait to ME3...so thanks for helping make that wait seem a little shorter with your fics.
Bugsquirt chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
Correction: Arrival DLC. Of course the realization comes to me a couple days after submitting my review.
Bugsquirt chapter 11 . 8/6/2011
It's good to see this addition to your repertoire. You are up there among the better writers of this site. And it certainly helps that you write so convincingly in a favorite universe of mine.

It's interesting to see how you fit in the aftermath of the collector base. I had to do a quick review of your previous story to see who had died and how. After playing ME2 and completing the climax, well, I felt like the climax and after that was "what to do now" as I complete all dth lc before I complete the main story. I like how you wrote in the reality of the situation with the funding, personnel, and organization issues. But that is the advantage of writing, bringing in the "reality" as most gamers would be turned off by it.

The Kaidan arc that you've carried on since, I think, Onus? has been interesting. As I think I might have mentioned in a past review, I prefer your interpretation over how he's presented in the game. I found him a bit too, whiny, untrustingly paranoid... which sounds redundant. But I think he was presented well in the game. Perhaps it was the voice actor, as that's one good reason why a female Shepard seems more real to me (via the talented Jennifer Hale).

Anyhow, I see that you were setting up for Ascension with the last chapter. I haven't played through it yet. I haven't had time. Any plans to add a story involving that arc or are you just teasing about it?
Lellandra chapter 11 . 7/26/2011
I was so relieved to see Shepard being a little lighthearted! Even laughing! But then I thought about Arrival and I hope she's taking some Zoloft.

And the twist on Vyrnnus! It was great! It really fit the story perfectly!

Liara is already doing what she promised...

I want to play ME3 so much, I'm giving myself rashes! I think this wait is only going to push my expectations through the roof!

I tweeted Casey Hudson to make a DLC with the VS Spectre mission. I think that's a good idea for a DLC.
Jenna53 chapter 11 . 7/25/2011
I'm so sorry to find the end of the story. It was wonderful as all your stories have been. Emotional, suspenseful, satisfying, but I still want more. Thanks.
aaron vig chapter 11 . 7/24/2011
I feel a little different about the conclusion of this work, but it's mostly about the author. I don't feel disappointment or let down that I won't have the usual treat every thursday, I realize it is work ending so another can begin... and giving its creator a breather before having at it again, fresh as a daisy;]

Plenty oabout this chapter I liked, and what stuck out the most was Kaidan's candidacy... that was a master stroke, you should be proud of yourself. Hearing Hackett's debriefing let me realize that the Meretset chase for Shepard, Tennyson, and finally Hock and the Spectre were all "cloak and dagger" with a satisfying conclusion... its just we were so caught up in the story it was hard to realize how off Kaidan's lowkey approach they all were, and how his straight-forward principles actually worked to his credit after the PR nightmare that the Cerberus/Shepard dealings created, earned or not.

I want to personally thank you for the wonderful counterpoint of insight and individual motivation you give to these characters, explaining some the behaviours of others and my own have gotten easier to see and understand since following your work, and it rounds out your societal/technology base for your writing excellently.

Whatever comes next, I'll be ready and eager. Cheers, Sinvraal;]
FrontSideBus chapter 11 . 7/22/2011
What a great story. Really enjoyed reading this. I might re read from the very begining of Iunctio.
The Great D chapter 11 . 7/21/2011
Excellent as usual. Hopefully this won't be your last story before ME3, even if it's just a one-shot or something like Iunctio: Wrex.
joecool280 chapter 11 . 7/21/2011
Excellent work, as always, I liked how you brought a resolution to Kaidans past, as well as setting the stage for Arrival and of course, ME3.
Fluidfyre chapter 11 . 7/21/2011
Reading this made my day. As always, your writing just floors me. The little details. Glad to see the interaction between Jacob & Shepard - and that she picks up on his troubles.

And what happened with Krannas! The moment she said she hated him before knowing him, I swear, I gasped aloud and was like NO WAY because-I-knew-what-was-happening! What a great connection and cause.

I'll look forward to anymore writing from you, as always! And chew my nails at the countdown of ME3 haha? Thanks again for sharing your writing, you have a captivating talent, unique here on in your ability to capture characters and make the reader relate to them and find kinship.
waiting4morning chapter 11 . 7/21/2011
This was great. I was expecting a Saren connection, but the real thing was even better.

As always, sin, well done.

Now I'm only sad that March is so far away! This was my Kaidan fix every week, but now the lonely months stretch out...
MasterWaffle chapter 11 . 7/21/2011
And what a set up it is. It just gets harder and harder to wait til the new year.

Nice work, as usual. Your characterization always makes your plot feel like the real thing :)